PDA

View Full Version : Assassinate help

muzzyb
04-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Could someone please explain how to properly play the new Assassinate mode, all I seem to really be doing just now is running around getting killed a lot... :/

muzzyb
04-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Could someone please explain how to properly play the new Assassinate mode, all I seem to really be doing just now is running around getting killed a lot... :/

Rakudaton
04-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Well, this should really go in the multiplayer forum... but I'll give you a few tips.

OVERVIEW

You can take out a contract on anyone, even NPC's. To take out a contract you lock onto them. If someone takes you as a contract, you will be informed by a flash of red and an icon appearing. You can expose your pursuer by locking onto them, which drops their detection meter to 0 but does not start a chase. If they go into high profile, it will start a chase; otherwise their meter regenerates. You can use this window to flee.
If you have a contract, your compass points towards your contract. If you don't, you will get multiple compass lines pointing to potential targets (ie any player not after you).

TIPS

> Persona is irrelevant in this game: you don't have to stick by someone who looks like you to blend in, because the other players don't know what you look like. BUT bear in mind: if someone has a contract on you, they DO know what you look like... so you should be extra cautious. Otherwise, just make sure you stick near an NPC regardless of what they look like.

> Roofs are a bad idea, because you'll probably get multiple contracts on you before you can say "goodness gracious me".

> A good tactic is to stay in a crowd that moves. Allow it to auto-move you, and focus on watching the compass. If a line turns bright blue, it means that person has just entered your line of sight. Try and work out who it was from the context.

> Don't always lock onto them immediately. When you take out a contract, they will KNOW someone is after them and probably run. Sometimes it's a good idea to get as close as possible and surprise them with a sudden contract/kill combo.

> "Camping" is staying in one place, usually on a bench or in a crowd. It can be annoying to have a game with multiple campers, because it comes to a standstill. BUT it can be a good tactic. For example, if someone is moving towards you but not in sight, you can go sit on a bench with someone. When they come into sight they won't know who you are but you will have a good idea of their identity. PLUS they have to concentrate on moving 'realistically' (ie like an NPC) whilst you can focus solely on getting a kill. Wait 'til they get close, then hidden kill them; or, if they don't, take out the contract and chase them down.

SPECIAL TACTIC: The Reverse Switchamaroo Stack Hide

A little tactic of mine. Suppose your compass goes bright: a potential target is somewhere in the crowd ahead of you, but there are so many people that neither of you know who the other is. Try this. Turn around and sprint around a corner. Hopefully they'll notice you but won't manage to lock on and get the contract. As a result they'll probably sprint round the corner to pursue you. BUT you are lying in wait! Get in a haystack or crowd or something really quickly. They'll round the corner expecting to see your persona running. Imagine their surprise when they pass a haystack only to have you spring out on them! Sending off a decoy can also work here.

Remember: multiplayer goes in multiplayer forums.