PDA

View Full Version : PC Freeze-up

Superio83
01-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Does anyone else experience having the PC freeze up (with screen turning black) mid-way through playing a game, whether online or offline? I have this problem occasionally, and when it happens, the only way out is rebooting.

I'm running on IL2 FB AEP Version 2.04. Is 2.01 better? I see there are a lot of people online still using 2.01.

Superio83
01-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Does anyone else experience having the PC freeze up (with screen turning black) mid-way through playing a game, whether online or offline? I have this problem occasionally, and when it happens, the only way out is rebooting.

I'm running on IL2 FB AEP Version 2.04. Is 2.01 better? I see there are a lot of people online still using 2.01.

Low_Flyer_MkII
01-29-2006, 05:53 PM
Post this with your computer specs in the tech help forum on these boards. Some very clever and helpful people there. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

horseback
01-29-2006, 07:58 PM
I second Low_Flyer on this. I never had a crash until we went to Pacific Fighters, and it took a ton of investigating & fiddling to get it right; in my case, I needed to update my motherboard drivers...

cheers

horseback

VW-IceFire
01-29-2006, 09:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Superio83:

I'm running on IL2 FB AEP Version 2.04. Is 2.01 better? I see there are a lot of people online still using 2.01. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm running PF 4.02m and I have this problem too. Its gotten worse in the last few weeks and I'm trying to find the problem.

Originally only FB/AEP/PF was affected but now I seem to be having graphics slowdowns in BF2 as well so something is amiss. I'm not sure if its my page file setup or the Catalyst 6.1's or Catalyst A.I. or the beta DLL files or what. Confused at the moment as to the instability...but my system hardlocks and not even VPU recover can pull it out.

Xiolablu3
01-29-2006, 10:50 PM
Possibley heat, too little PSU power, graphics card drivers, motherboard drivers, sound drivers

Hell could be any drivers really, but the above are the most likely..

You will have to do a little testing to deermine and rule out some of the options.

eg. try different drivers for each of the above. Open up case and blow a household fan into it to test the possible heat probelm. etc

It could possibley be that some of the game files have become corrupt and the game needs reinstalling.