PDA

View Full Version : Changing Icons in Offline Campaign

ImpStarDuece
02-10-2005, 05:07 AM
Simple question;

Is there any way to permanently alter the way icons display for a campaign?

I have just spent almost two months without IL2 and seriously need practice, especially as I have gone straight from 2.04 to 3.04! I'm sick of getting my butt handed to me in my favourite aircraft. to me at least 3.04 feel as lot more 'mushy' in some areas and a lot more stall and spin prone in others. I can even stall out the Jug now!

What I would like to do is set my icons in off-line campaigns to something similar to the Warclouds settings; ie, icons with no range or friend/foe identification.

ImpStarDuece
02-10-2005, 05:07 AM
Simple question;

Is there any way to permanently alter the way icons display for a campaign?

I have just spent almost two months without IL2 and seriously need practice, especially as I have gone straight from 2.04 to 3.04! I'm sick of getting my butt handed to me in my favourite aircraft. to me at least 3.04 feel as lot more 'mushy' in some areas and a lot more stall and spin prone in others. I can even stall out the Jug now!

What I would like to do is set my icons in off-line campaigns to something similar to the Warclouds settings; ie, icons with no range or friend/foe identification.

Van Alien
02-10-2005, 06:37 AM
download this:
http://www.users.on.net/~mjtm/IL-2/index.html#download
and look into the options

ImpStarDuece
02-10-2005, 06:54 AM
Cool, thank you van Alien. There are so many downloads out there its hard to know what to pick.

Any chance that Il2_Stab has an option that enables only the type of aircraft to be displayed, not only the range?

For example. Say i'm doing a late 41 to mid-42 Eastern front campaign as a LW pilot. My system isnt that great so neither is my detail level. What i would really like is for a non identifying aircraft marker (ie just a black bot or something) to pop up initially and then an identiying icon ( ie Mig 3 or Yak-1 ) to pop up at an interval of my choosing. That way I can actually have some vaugely realistic form of SA in my battles.

Van Alien
02-10-2005, 08:41 AM
when you start the program, it runs in the tray, rightclick, open and choose options.
Under Audio/Optical you can change between:
nothing
distance
distance/callsign
distance/callsign/type

nickdanger3
02-10-2005, 12:21 PM
Here's the link you want:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=1751051542&r=9041066742#9041066742

You'll need to change the rcu file (instructions in the link) and manually cange the icons when you fly, but you'll get exactly the settings you want. Good luck.

EDIT: The link I gave send you to the middle of a page, but if you look around, you'll get the gist.

ImpStarDuece
02-10-2005, 08:10 PM
Ok, now can anyone tell me how to alter my "rcu" file?

I cant seem to get the thing open and dont want to go fiddling around too much in the murky waters of the program. You never know what you might find!

FlatSpinMan
02-11-2005, 03:29 AM
I just tried opening it with Notepad and it came up. Noooooo idea what to do after that though. Think I'll try the Il-2 Shtab thing. Unless anyone has another, very non-technical suggestion?