PDA

View Full Version : IL2 FB dowloadable version?

skycaptain_1
01-20-2006, 02:22 PM
~S~

My Dads Russian work collegue is looking for a download site for IL2FB, as they are on an oil rig it's a bit of a wait to get it and I've been emailing screenshots all week! Is there such a site? obviously a pay one please hehe!

Thanks

skycaptain_1
01-20-2006, 02:22 PM
~S~

My Dads Russian work collegue is looking for a download site for IL2FB, as they are on an oil rig it's a bit of a wait to get it and I've been emailing screenshots all week! Is there such a site? obviously a pay one please hehe!

Thanks

steve_v
01-20-2006, 02:39 PM
Direct2Drive offers it. http://www.direct2drive.com/21/product/Buy-IL-2-Sturmov...ten-Battles-Download (http://www.direct2drive.com/21/product/Buy-IL-2-Sturmovik:-Forgotten-Battles-Download)

A word of warning. There have been difficulties with patching, AEP installation, and recognition when online. The best alternative is the cd-rom. Your choice.

T_O_A_D
01-20-2006, 04:31 PM
Wow didn't know of that. I see they have Pacific Fighters too, But I am not able to find AEP, is it there or am I missing it.

-HH-Quazi
01-20-2006, 06:23 PM
Seen AEP at my local CompUSA last week. I'd be glad to pick it up and ship it to you if you want TOAD.

Tully__
01-21-2006, 06:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T_O_A_D:
Wow didn't know of that. I see they have Pacific Fighters too, But I am not able to find AEP, is it there or am I missing it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There is no direct2drive version of AEP afaik. In any case, Steve's warning that the downloaded version of FB is not upgradeable seems to be valid. Many d2d customers have reported that they cannot install AEP over the d2d FB and that they can't install d2d version of PF over box versions FB/AEP

T_O_A_D
01-21-2006, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the offer Quazi, but I own all four versions of this game already. I was basicly inquiring, info so I could help get others lined out if they needed it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by -HH-Quazi:
Seen AEP at my local CompUSA last week. I'd be glad to pick it up and ship it to you if you want TOAD. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh I read Steve_v's warning, I wonder just what is wrong, and why it don't work.
Maybe this joint needs to offer it, as a download so they can work out the bug fix, so others can enjoy the whole product.

Tully__
01-21-2006, 08:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T_O_A_D:
Yeh I read Steve_v's warning, I wonder just what is wrong, and why it don't work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As far as I can make out, the d2d distribution installer software is not configured to make registry entries the box version will recognise or to recognise registry entries used by the box versions for merged installs.

skycaptain_1
01-21-2006, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the replies. A good note about the upgrade issue, I will be sure to mention that, shame though you would have thought ubi could do something about that.

Troll2k
01-22-2006, 07:53 AM
I think they use smoke and mirrors so you can d/l the game and not need the cd.That is what causes the inability to upgrade or merge.Just a guess.