PDA

View Full Version : possible to optain IL2Skins.com archive on CD/DVD ?

e5kimo
01-19-2005, 05:20 PM
i am not sure what the fate of il2skins is. like many others i have taken it for granted for too long by the looks.

i d be very happy to able to purchase the complete skin archive on CD. i know that there are a lot of people who have created skins and made them available through il2skins so it is probably a copyright issue of sorts to sell them with profit. it be great to just have the complete site mirrored and usable on cd/dvd. it would leave all credit in place.

if a complete archive is not possible for purchase, how about a massive download of all skins through bittorrent ? afterall most skin artists have submitted their work to the public domain for free use as long as credit is given.

i am sure that isps if asked would happily host files. i know for a fact that mine (internode) caters to gamers and i reckon if they can mirror the steam content servers they can also host some gig of skins.

marcocomparato
01-19-2005, 07:14 PM
i would gladly 'donate' a minimum of ten dollars to a website that also provided a CD archive of its files. no infringement there. I am qualified in my work field (advertising and media) to know that.

Aeronautico
01-20-2005, 02:10 AM
That would be GOOD!

I fear the whole archive is in teh order of GB's though, and several. Oh well, a DVD then!

BenvZijl
01-20-2005, 02:18 AM
yeah i would donate it also for a DVD for it