PDA

View Full Version : Disappointment and Rage, Den Defence has broken my mind.

Corrupt_Chaste
11-19-2011, 02:14 AM
Let me start off by saying that I love Assassin's Creed. I love the settings, the premise, the timelines, even all the bull alien conspiracy crap, I love it. I preordered ACR the day I heard it could be preordered and waited in anticipation. After many hours of playing the new game, I've realized that I *cannot* play it without extreme frustration. Ive tried so hard to defend it's flaws in my mind, but it's just crushing me. I think that I might hate this game. The story is a bit enjoyable and does help the game but youve boiled it down to just these five keys that you need. Everything else is just feeling crammed in.
The game brings in a new "Den Defence" game that completely breaks why I liked assassin's creed in the first place. You tacked it on just to give us one more thing to have to do and it ruins the entire experience for me. I constantly worry about having to play that minigame. If I capture templar territory, my notoriety shoots up to 100 instantly and in this lies my greatest loathing. To force us to play the den defence minigame, you take out the third (often preferred) option of lowering notoriety, the posters. Not only that, but finding a herald to bribe or a leader to assassinate becomes an extreme random chance. As soon as I dare capture territory it becomes an insane rush around the city to find some of these people so I wont be forced to do the minigame.

I'm so sad, really I am. All I want to do is PLAY THE GAME!!! PLEASE, PLEASE just let me play Assassin's Creed again.

When I play the game now, all I can do is worry about the dens. It has become a paranoid obsession for me. Maybe I'm just a psychopath, but that one little minigame has made it nearly impossible for me to enjoy playing the game. I want to finish the story so bad... soooooooooo bad. I want to say something else but i'm just too freaked out.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Corrupt_Chaste
11-19-2011, 02:14 AM
Let me start off by saying that I love Assassin's Creed. I love the settings, the premise, the timelines, even all the bull alien conspiracy crap, I love it. I preordered ACR the day I heard it could be preordered and waited in anticipation. After many hours of playing the new game, I've realized that I *cannot* play it without extreme frustration. Ive tried so hard to defend it's flaws in my mind, but it's just crushing me. I think that I might hate this game. The story is a bit enjoyable and does help the game but youve boiled it down to just these five keys that you need. Everything else is just feeling crammed in.
The game brings in a new "Den Defence" game that completely breaks why I liked assassin's creed in the first place. You tacked it on just to give us one more thing to have to do and it ruins the entire experience for me. I constantly worry about having to play that minigame. If I capture templar territory, my notoriety shoots up to 100 instantly and in this lies my greatest loathing. To force us to play the den defence minigame, you take out the third (often preferred) option of lowering notoriety, the posters. Not only that, but finding a herald to bribe or a leader to assassinate becomes an extreme random chance. As soon as I dare capture territory it becomes an insane rush around the city to find some of these people so I wont be forced to do the minigame.

I'm so sad, really I am. All I want to do is PLAY THE GAME!!! PLEASE, PLEASE just let me play Assassin's Creed again.

When I play the game now, all I can do is worry about the dens. It has become a paranoid obsession for me. Maybe I'm just a psychopath, but that one little minigame has made it nearly impossible for me to enjoy playing the game. I want to finish the story so bad... soooooooooo bad. I want to say something else but i'm just too freaked out.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

IntoxicEIGHT
11-19-2011, 02:25 AM
honestly the only hard part about the Den Defense minigame is the last wave with the flamethrower cart or battering ram. Once you know how to defeat those, its really not that big of a deal. It just sucks when you lose the whole thing because of that last wave.

Best way to defeat it is to load every spot up with riflemen, then set up 2-3 barriers before that last wave. Then all you have to do is drop your 3 cannon shots on it and let your riflemen to the rest of the work.

Also, remember to loot the dead bodies with the B button for extra morale. Helps a lot.

deadly_thought
11-19-2011, 02:25 AM
this is not 16th century san andreas i dont even bother with it and agree with most of what youve said id just add that templar stalkers attacking me during missions is BS

LightRey
11-19-2011, 03:52 AM
You can avoid Den Defense alltogether by keeping Templar Awareness low or by putting assassins in your dens and training them to master assassin level. The whole concept is completely avoidable except for the tutorial on it.

Even if Templar Awareness is maxed out you still have to do something that would normally increase Templar Awareness to actually trigger a Den Defense Mission.

PhiIs1618033
11-19-2011, 07:20 AM
Once you find one herald, bribe him, then run away 50 metres or so and return. He'll be spouting bull about the assassin's again and you can bribe him again.
Rinse and repeat.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Language Please</span>

Sarari
11-19-2011, 08:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Let me start off by saying that I love Assassin's Creed. I love the settings, the premise, the timelines, even all the bull alien conspiracy crap, I love it. I preordered ACR the day I heard it could be preordered and waited in anticipation. After many hours of playing the new game, I've realized that I *cannot* play it without extreme frustration. Ive tried so hard to defend it's flaws in my mind, but it's just crushing me. I think that I might hate this game. The story is a bit enjoyable and does help the game but youve boiled it down to just these five keys that you need. Everything else is just feeling crammed in.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is what I feel. Especially when he said he wanted assassin's creed back. That made me think of how the series evolved so negatively. AC1 made you feel like you were a real assassin. Heartless, cold blooded, stealthy, and sacred. I don't care if he had no love life. I don't care if there weren't a lot of in depth characters. I don't care about that bull. All I want is to feel like a real assassin. That's it.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Do not bypass the Language Filter</span>

bishopwacker
11-19-2011, 08:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
You can avoid Den Defense alltogether by keeping Templar Awareness low or by putting assassins in your dens and training them to master assassin level. The whole concept is completely avoidable except for the tutorial on it.

Even if Templar Awareness is maxed out you still have to do something that would normally increase Templar Awareness to actually trigger a Den Defense Mission. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your quite right there but you did miss a valuable quote of don't buy to many properties in a row because your notoriety goes through the roof

LightRey
11-19-2011, 08:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bishopwacker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Even if Templar Awareness is maxed out you still have to do something that would normally increase Templar Awareness to actually trigger a Den Defense Mission. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your quite right there but you did miss a valuable quote of don't buy to many properties in a row because your notoriety goes through the roof </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's not really that hard to get it down again. Buy a property -&gt; Templar Awareness increases by 25% -&gt; free roam till you find a herald (takes about 2 minutes at most) -&gt; bribe (and pickpocket) Herald -&gt; Templar Awareness decreases again with 25% -&gt; repeat.

KuldarYldrad
11-19-2011, 08:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
All I want is to feel like a real assassin. That's it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Problem is that they aren't real. So it's hard to be like a real assassin. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ChaosxNetwork
11-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Those Who Came Before are not Aliens and they are not conspiring. God the way you wrote that people would think you are not even old enough to play the game.

LightRey
11-19-2011, 09:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xHITx_Chaos:
Those Who Came Before are not Aliens and they are not conspiring. God the way you wrote that people would think you are not even old enough to play the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Indeed.

iN3krO
11-19-2011, 09:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
This is what I feel. Especially when he said he wanted assassin's creed back. That made me think of how the series evolved so negatively. AC1 made you feel like you were a real assassin. Heartless, cold blooded, stealthy, and sacred. I don't care if he had no love life. I don't care if there weren't a lot of in depth characters. I don't care about that bull****. All I want is to feel like a real assassin. That's it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1

Animuses
11-19-2011, 09:24 AM
People complaining about Den Defense is getting quite annoying. We know it doesn't fit into an Assassin's Creed game and I highly doubt it'll even come back to any extent. Just stop freakin' complaining about it already.

RzaRecta357
11-19-2011, 09:25 AM
No kidding. Not to mention it's so easily avoidable.

flyingeaglemile
11-19-2011, 09:32 AM
A completely optional part of the game ruined the whole game for me! ahhhhhhhh!!! Give me back Assassin Creed stop giving me optional things to do!

D173120T
11-19-2011, 09:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
Once you find one herald, bribe him, then run away 50 metres or so and return. He'll be spouting bull**** about the assassin's again and you can bribe him again.
Rinse and repeat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats fine to reduce the level but once you have triggered the Awareness and it goes totally red,how the hell do you become "secret" again?Bribing doesnt work,i tried it.I eventually lost my Den!

LightRey
11-19-2011, 09:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amullins:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
Once you find one herald, bribe him, then run away 50 metres or so and return. He'll be spouting bull**** about the assassin's again and you can bribe him again.
Rinse and repeat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats fine to reduce the level but once you have triggered the Awareness and it goes totally red,how the hell do you become "secret" again?Bribing doesnt work,i tried it.I eventually lost my Den! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You have to get awareness completely back to 0 again. After for example bribing a herald you should be able to see that part of the bar will be a different shade of red than the rest. When this part reaches 0 again you'll become anonymous again.

Black_Widow9
11-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Please post about Den Defense here-
Den defense, yes or no. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5191034169)
Thanks

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>