PDA

View Full Version : Corsair Bug??

stugumby
09-09-2006, 06:42 AM
by accident i hit L mapped as my airbrake instead of K online and bammo my landing gear snapped open in a blink. hit L again and up they went, airbrake came on screen. will try this with all 3 but this was with f4u1d.

stugumby
09-09-2006, 06:42 AM
by accident i hit L mapped as my airbrake instead of K online and bammo my landing gear snapped open in a blink. hit L again and up they went, airbrake came on screen. will try this with all 3 but this was with f4u1d.

Tater-SW-
09-09-2006, 07:02 AM
What is the problem? You mapped L to airbrake and the gear went doen? The gear ARE the airbrakes on the F4Us.

tater

VW-IceFire
09-09-2006, 07:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stugumby:
by accident i hit L mapped as my airbrake instead of K online and bammo my landing gear snapped open in a blink. hit L again and up they went, airbrake came on screen. will try this with all 3 but this was with f4u1d. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Standard feature on that model of Corsair. The gear pops out for dive bombing attacks. Instead of a complicated and heavy dive breaks the landing gear does the job just as well.

Please note that the gear are down but not locked...so don't try and land on them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kapt_A
09-09-2006, 07:57 AM
You will also notice the tailwheel does not extend with dive brakes.

AFSG_Bulldog
09-09-2006, 11:37 AM
Well here is a cool thing to try... You can land with the airbrake extended. Taxi to your ramp and shut down. Then retract the airbrake. The gear will retract and boom.

We discovered that one by accident. What a hoot.

stugumby
09-09-2006, 12:41 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

learned something new, seems workable, noticed something like that whenb i made iwo_09 when corsairs dived and wheels went up/down.

Stuka_lover
09-22-2006, 09:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AFSG_Bulldog:
Well here is a cool thing to try... You can land with the airbrake extended. Taxi to your ramp and shut down. Then retract the airbrake. The gear will retract and boom.

We discovered that one by accident. What a hoot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ouch! that must have clicked you teeth, did you bail out afterwards?