PDA

View Full Version : 360 or PS3?

Static_C
11-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Hey guys. I still haven't decided on a version yet. I'm leaning towards 360 since that was the console I played the other games on and I'd like to continue my achievement progress. I recently got a PS3 tho, so I've been trying to guess which version may be better. I read the head2heads for AC2 and ACB on Lense of Truth and they (them and their users) seem to agree that the 360 version was far superior, mostly graphically but performance-wise as well. The screenshot comparisons look much better for the 360 versions as well. I take it PS3 must have received ports of these games.

So if you had to guess, which version do think will win out this time? This isn't a question about xbox vs playstation, but which will receive the original/port, or the generally more impressive version? Thanks in advance for your insight.

Static_C
11-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Hey guys. I still haven't decided on a version yet. I'm leaning towards 360 since that was the console I played the other games on and I'd like to continue my achievement progress. I recently got a PS3 tho, so I've been trying to guess which version may be better. I read the head2heads for AC2 and ACB on Lense of Truth and they (them and their users) seem to agree that the 360 version was far superior, mostly graphically but performance-wise as well. The screenshot comparisons look much better for the 360 versions as well. I take it PS3 must have received ports of these games.

So if you had to guess, which version do think will win out this time? This isn't a question about xbox vs playstation, but which will receive the original/port, or the generally more impressive version? Thanks in advance for your insight.

Ezio292012
11-11-2011, 12:10 PM
PS3

LightRey
11-11-2011, 12:14 PM
I always hear of all kinds of problems on the PS3 version that I've never had on my 360. I'd go with the 360.

thekarlone
11-11-2011, 12:15 PM
PS3 is always better.

Ezio292012
11-11-2011, 12:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
I always hear of all kinds of problems on the PS3 version that I've never had on my 360. I'd go with the 360. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

like what kind of problem cus i dont have any http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LightRey
11-11-2011, 12:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ezio292012:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
I always hear of all kinds of problems on the PS3 version that I've never had on my 360. I'd go with the 360. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

like what kind of problem cus i dont have any http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Screen tearing seems to be relatively common on the PS3 versions for example.

Ezio292012
11-11-2011, 12:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ezio292012:

like what kind of problem cus i dont have any http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Screen tearing seems to be relatively common on the PS3 versions for example. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well dont know about that lol i have played AC on my ps3 no problem

LightRey
11-11-2011, 12:25 PM
well dont know about that lol i have played AC on my ps3 no problem </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's what I've heard. In fact, I've heard of only one case where there was screen tearing on an Xbox 360 and even in that case it was "hardly noticeable".

Silvrslide
11-11-2011, 12:25 PM

someone lied to you

LightRey
11-11-2011, 12:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Silvrslide:

someone lied to you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Then lots of people on the internet that own PS3's are liars about their own problems, while 360 owners aren't.

Static_C
11-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Here is the Head2Head (version comparison) for ACB. This is what I based my statement on about 360 receiving the better version. http://www.lensoftruth.com/hea...rotherhood-analysis/ (http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-assassins-creed-brotherhood-analysis/)

Blind2Society
11-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Honestly I love my ps3 and have never had any major problems with any games save for Fallout. Any issues I have had were minor and as far as I can tell, appear on both consoles. Also, It seems more user friendly and serves more functions than an Xbox but then again I've never owned an Xbox so I can't say for sure. I can say though, if I had the extra cash I would buy an Xbox and have both.

Oh and by the way most if not all of those images are simply showing and difference in brightness, contrast and hue saturation levels which can be adjusted on any television set.

Silvrslide
11-11-2011, 12:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Silvrslide:

someone lied to you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Then lots of people on the internet that own PS3's are liars about their own problems, while 360 owners aren't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but these 'lots of people' you are mentioning are still minorities to all of the fanbase. They could've been 360 fanboys talking out of their ***. Screen tearing can be caused by HDTV's too. I've played my Brotherhood on my LCD monitior and had no problem whatsoever.

Static_C
11-11-2011, 12:37 PM
You're right PS3 is more useful to me b/c of the bluray player. But I dont want this to turn into a PS3 vs 360 debate. Both consoles are great, but who will receive a better version of this game from Ubi?

LightRey
11-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Yeah but these 'lots of people' you are mentioning are still minorities to all of the fanbase. They could've been 360 fanboys talking out of their ***. Screen tearing can be caused by HDTV's too. I've played my Brotherhood on my LCD monitior and had no problem whatsoever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So you're saying there are more 360 fanboys lying about PS3 than the other way 'round? That's quite the bias you've got there.

Blind2Society
11-11-2011, 12:47 PM
I don't hate on the Xbox at all and as I said before I would buy one if I had the extra cake, but I would be willing to bet that that is exactly the case.

Oh and I added a bit to me previous post.

Mad_Fox84
11-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Actually the ps3 version has been improving in each installment. Aren't they nearly identical now?
I got AC2 on the xbox but brotherhood on the ps3, because of the exclusive content and the beta. I am getting revelations on the ps3 because it includes assassins Creed 1 (which I don't own anymore and never completed).

Ezio292012
11-11-2011, 12:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaStA20:
Actually the ps3 version has been improving in each installment. Aren't they nearly identical now?
I got AC2 on the xbox but brotherhood on the ps3, because of the exclusive content and the beta. I am getting revelations on the ps3 because it includes assassins Creed 1 (which I don't own anymore and never completed). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah they have so basicaly they can be identical and yeah im happy we ps3 user are getting AC1 too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ChaosxNetwork
11-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Since all we ever hear is the PC and PS3 people Bi***ing about problems I would think the Xbox.
But it makes no different (Why have two consoles?)
People keep the fan boy war down please.

Sparty2020
11-11-2011, 01:02 PM
I would say 360 for Live but it seems that we'll still have to go through long "Searching for Abstergo Agents..." loading screens so it won't make much of a difference. I'm getting it on PS3 because the PS3 version of most games now are either equivalent to or slightly superior to their 360 counter-parts. Maybe ACR will continue the trend...

Animuses
11-11-2011, 01:05 PM
AC always had the same problems on each console. It's just up to what console you prefer.

Keighvin
11-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Seriously, what is screen tearing? People keep bringing this up.

Blind2Society
11-11-2011, 01:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xHITx_Chaos:
Since all we ever hear is the PC and PS3 people Bi***ing about problems I would think the Xbox. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You say this...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xHITx_Chaos:
People keep the fan boy war down please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Then this?

Hypocrite http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

LightRey
11-11-2011, 01:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keighvin:
Seriously, what is screen tearing? People keep bringing this up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
When part of the screen freezes.

pacmanate
11-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Coming from an owner of BOTH. This is my story...

PS3
I have used AC1, AC2, AC:B on the PS3, and have had no problems so it doesn't matter if you get it on this

XBOX

I recently bought one and I like how the Xbox has a brighter colour thing. I dont know if you noticed but PS3 versions of anything look darker because of the better shadowing. Now, I recently got an Xbox 360 and personally, I want some god damn games which is why I'm getting it for my 360.

Verdict

I know that this is reverse for you, so what im saying is that both consoles versions are pretty much identical and I would, in your case, buy the PS3 version so you can actually use your new PS3

SleezeRocker
11-11-2011, 01:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Static_C:
Hey guys. I still haven't decided on a version yet. I'm leaning towards 360 since that was the console I played the other games on and I'd like to continue my achievement progress.

-I'd go for xbox since if you have already played all other games on it, why change now? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
with your ps3, play the exclusive games like Metal gear 4 or Uncharted and whatnot hehe

I read the head2heads for AC2 and ACB on Lense of Truth and they (them and their users) seem to agree that the 360 version was far superior, mostly graphically but performance-wise as well. The screenshot comparisons look much better for the 360 versions as well.

-Or they just edit the screen shots and play with the video settings http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
Sorry but unless I play the game myself, I never go by what fankids say about their system being superior for a game...I've played AC on both systems and both aren't diffrent to me, but that's just me, people will see what they want to see.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

kriegerdesgottes
11-11-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm a ps3 man myself. I've never had any problems at all and I have the original 60gb version. I did get the yellow light of death after 5 years of constant playing but I fixed it and it works fine now. Plus all the exclusive stuff is going for the ps3 now.

AVanguardLeads
11-12-2011, 03:18 AM
I primarily use PS3, but have played AC on both and I have to say that I find PS3 to be the superior version. The colors are clearer, it seems to run a little smoother control-wise, and of course Ubisoft seems to favor it with extra content.

Smegger_56
11-12-2011, 03:36 AM
I'll be getting for the PS3, as it's my main console of use. I also prefer the PS3 controller, and use my 360 only for its exclusives.

Also, the PS3 has a few little extras (one being the original AC).

InfectedNation
11-12-2011, 03:37 AM
Are you kidding??? The PS3 controller feels horrible and messy

Mr_Shade
11-12-2011, 03:48 AM
Either console will deliver a great ACR experience.

Let's not start a console war.

AVanguardLeads
11-12-2011, 04:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InfectedNation:
Are you kidding??? The PS3 controller feels horrible and messy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To each their own, as it obviously differs.

Chronomancy
11-12-2011, 04:31 AM
What do you have more friends on?

Will you be playing the MP?

Smegger_56
11-12-2011, 06:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InfectedNation:
Are you kidding??? The PS3 controller feels horrible and messy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I could say the same to anyone who prefers the 360 controller. But I respect peoples preferences.

Cpt_Yanni
11-12-2011, 06:51 AM
The first Assassin's Creed suffered a lot of screen tearing on the PlayStation 3. Assassin's Creed II had less, but still some, problems with it.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood has with no doubt hardly any screen tearing on the PlayStation 3. So if you want to choose a version, they are pretty much equal (on X360 and PS3).

Mr_Shade
11-12-2011, 06:55 AM
Re screen tearing,

I have noticed that some games have it at 1080p but not at 720p.. Or vice versa..

Worth trying changing the setting on the console (assuming your TV supports both)

Jexx21
11-12-2011, 07:02 AM
Since all we ever hear is the PC and PS3 people Bi***ing about problems I would think the Xbox.
But it makes no different (Why have two consoles?)
People keep the fan boy war down please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hardly get any bugs, and I never see any PC players complaining about bugs.. lol