PDA

View Full Version : *possible spoilers* Is Ezio done?

Nephetslol
11-23-2010, 02:18 AM
What do you guys think? Is his story done?

Nephetslol
11-23-2010, 02:18 AM
What do you guys think? Is his story done?

Jack-Reacher
11-23-2010, 02:29 AM
Did they ever explain why he returned to the sanctuary? Desmond sees his older ghost and wonders why he returned, I beat the game but cant remember

Sparty2020
11-23-2010, 02:31 AM
His "official" story? Yes, like how Altair's was done in AC 1. His "unofficial" story? I hope not. Altair had 2 spin-off games and the Codex telling about his life. He wrote his personal philosophical views and the difficulties of leading a brotherhood of elite assassins in the Codex. The 2 games act as both a prequel and a sequel.

Ezio has another game coming for the 3DS and I hope he too writes something similar to the Codex. We don't even have any idea which lucky girl he impregnates, why he returned to Monterrigioni wearing the Armor of Altair, his leadership capabilities, and what he will do with his life now.

From the age of 17 to 48 Ezio has been on an unending quest for vengeance against the Borgia. Now what? Before the Monterrigioni attack there were hints that Ezio wanted to settle down and start a family with Caterina (apparently, according to the database the Auditore regained control of Monterrigioni, at least until 1554) but that was before he was pronounced the Grand Master of the Assassin Order.

There is still so much to Ezio that I want to know. I don't think it warrants another main game like Brotherhood but something small like the Codex would still be fantastic. And like I said, he has an upcoming 3DS game coming in which he travels to Masyaf for reasons unknown.

Nephetslol
11-23-2010, 02:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jack-Reacher:
Did they ever explain why he returned to the sanctuary? Desmond sees his older ghost and wonders why he returned, I beat the game but cant remember </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No they didn't he returned to the secret villa place alot older so either DLC WHICH I HOPE OR Ezios not finished.

mad_god87
11-23-2010, 02:41 AM
Dunno about you all but after Ezio put the apple in the vault i got the feeling that his story was finished....maby some DLC for this game but another main game...no
Like one of the above post said maby something like the codex or something similar to what they did with Altair. But all in all my opinion is that there will most definitaly be a new assassin for the next AC that is if they just dont do away with the animus all togeather and just have Desmond...

Valaquen_
11-23-2010, 02:46 AM
His return to the Sanctuary may be a tie-in to Lost Legacy, as he seemed to be checking out Altair. Why though, we're yet to see.

DARTH_W00KIE
11-23-2010, 04:07 AM
At the very beginning Desmond see's a Ghost/vision of Ezio when he was "really old" so possibly we might see him in the next installment of the series.

deskpe
11-23-2010, 04:36 AM
i hope there no more ezio thanm whats already known,

i want a new era and a new assassin, a game thats all 2012 doesent seem so intresting, some of AC's appeal is to visit another time and setting <STRIKE>(unless you happen to live in the place its set)</STRIKE>

tyrce111
11-23-2010, 04:54 AM
I hope he uses the apple of eden on elast time before hiding it and finds out that the villa auditore was built in monterrigioni for a reason and that there is a PoE under it...

Captain Tomatoz
11-23-2010, 07:12 AM
i thought that Ezio went back to put the code on the wall which helps Desmond find the password to the vault.

Geinref
11-23-2010, 08:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony6593:
i thought that Ezio went back to put the code on the wall which helps Desmond find the password to the vault. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats what i got from it too.

AdzMofo
11-23-2010, 10:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FernieG:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony6593:
i thought that Ezio went back to put the code on the wall which helps Desmond find the password to the vault. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats what i got from it too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Tbh I thought it was obvious that that was the reason...unless I missed something.

He really couldn't have been THAT old when returning, because as we saw in ACII in the level where, through the bleeding effect, we played as Altair as he chased some woman and impregnated her on the battlements, once a person's DNA is passed on any subsequent memories are inaccessible, through the animus OR through the bleeding effect.

So unless Ezio impregnated some woman at like...70, I think it's fair to assume he returned to the Villa earlier than most people assume.

Sparty2020
11-23-2010, 01:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FernieG:

thats what i got from it too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The ghost was all the way down at the Sanctuary, right in front of Altair's statue in fact. The code is at the very top of the stairs. There would be no reason for Ezio to return to the bottom of the Sanctuary with Altair's Armor if all he wanted to do was write on the upper floor.

jlorence
11-23-2010, 04:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tyrce111:
I hope he uses the apple of eden on elast time before hiding it and finds out that the villa auditore was built in monterrigioni for a reason and that there is a PoE under it... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's not there anymore. Mario handed it over to the Assassin Order because it was too dangerous to keep there.

DJKRONOS1982
11-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Am I the only one who wants to know who Ezio knocks up? He has to continue the bloodline at some point! Lol.

WackoJacko_7
11-23-2010, 06:01 PM
I think Ezio went back to put the 'Passcode' on the wall, the passcode into the vault FYI.

At first i thourght he realised that Altair was his ancestor, because as far as i know in ACII Mario told Ezio he was an Assassin long ago but not his ancestor, so i think Ezio worked it out, and he also worked out that Desmond was one of his Ancestors.

Zokuno
11-23-2010, 07:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sparty2020:

thats what i got from it too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The ghost was all the way down at the Sanctuary, right in front of Altair's statue in fact. The code is at the very top of the stairs. There would be no reason for Ezio to return to the bottom of the Sanctuary with Altair's Armor if all he wanted to do was write on the upper floor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually it could make sense. Remember Desmond and Lucy going through the catacombs to get to the sanctuary because they couldn't get through the bookcase? This could be because it is still locked from when Ezio locked it in the attack, which means Ezio could have used the catacombs to get back to the sanctuary as well. Now that I think of it, we see Ezio go into the cave that starts the catacombs when Desmond and friends are looking for a way in.

Hank_Mongolia
11-23-2010, 08:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJKRONOS1982:
Am I the only one who wants to know who Ezio knocks up? He has to continue the bloodline at some point! Lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um...Ezio is/was a ladies' man, who's to say he hasn't already knocked up some girl he slept with in the past and doesn't know about it?

LaCava1
11-23-2010, 09:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hank_Mongolia:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJKRONOS1982:
Am I the only one who wants to know who Ezio knocks up? He has to continue the bloodline at some point! Lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um...Ezio is/was a ladies' man, who's to say he hasn't already knocked up some girl he slept with in the past and doesn't know about it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Lol!

Assassin's Creed 3; escaping Ezio's kids

E-Zekiel
11-23-2010, 09:47 PM
I kinda hope we might revisit Altair on a main console game at some point. Ezio got two main games, why can't Altair?

BAMB0
11-23-2010, 09:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zokuno:
Actually it could make sense. Remember Desmond and Lucy going through the catacombs to get to the sanctuary because they couldn't get through the bookcase? This could be because it is still locked from when Ezio locked it in the attack, which means Ezio could have used the catacombs to get back to the sanctuary as well. Now that I think of it, we see Ezio go into the cave that starts the catacombs when Desmond and friends are looking for a way in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Desmond see's Ezio and says "He looks so old" and continues with "He must have come back after the attack on the Villa". Considering the fact we play as Ezio taking down the Borgia, he never once goes back to the Villa. He comes back one day after for some random reason we are never given. It COULD be for the passcode but even that was never really touched upon as to hint as the reason why he came back.

DARTH_W00KIE
11-23-2010, 09:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triforceman5:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hank_Mongolia:

Um...Ezio is/was a ladies' man, who's to say he hasn't already knocked up some girl he slept with in the past and doesn't know about it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Lol!

Assassin's Creed 3; escaping Ezio's kids </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Story Plot: Ezio has to travel the world trying to escape from the mothers of his children to avoid all the child support lol

Zokuno
11-23-2010, 10:08 PM

Because as soon as Ezio has impregnated someone, his memories can no longer be viewed in the animus.

E-Zekiel
11-23-2010, 10:14 PM
I don't think that's true.

Zokuno
11-23-2010, 10:27 PM
Oh but it is true. The reason a descendant can access memories of an ancestor is because it is passed down through DNA. When an ancestor has a child all of their memories from that point on can't be viewed. This happened in Assassin's Creed 2 when we saw Altair impregnate Maria. I guess I should worded what I said better though, so rather than "you can no longer view memories in the animus" I will say that you can't view the memories from the point they conceive a child.

E-Zekiel
11-23-2010, 10:28 PM
Just because someone has a child doesn't make you stop being their descendant, or stop being related to them or sharing DNA. I think they just wanted to show us a romantic bit with Altair and how he passed down his bloodline. That it was chronologically last (it may well not have been - I have not played the side games) in terms of when we were able to play as him, I think is just coincidence.

Zokuno
11-23-2010, 10:40 PM
I never said you stop being their descendant I just simply stated that it would be impossible to see them from the time they were born to the time they die. This is because their Genetic Memories are passed down through their child which means all memories up to the point of the child being conceived are given to the child. Once the child is born the ancestor can no longer give the child memories. The only way we could view the memories of the ancestor after the child is conceived is if the ancestor has another child.

Zokuno
11-23-2010, 10:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BAMB0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zokuno:
Actually it could make sense. Remember Desmond and Lucy going through the catacombs to get to the sanctuary because they couldn't get through the bookcase? This could be because it is still locked from when Ezio locked it in the attack, which means Ezio could have used the catacombs to get back to the sanctuary as well. Now that I think of it, we see Ezio go into the cave that starts the catacombs when Desmond and friends are looking for a way in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Desmond see's Ezio and says "He looks so old" and continues with "He must have come back after the attack on the Villa". Considering the fact we play as Ezio taking down the Borgia, he never once goes back to the Villa. He comes back one day after for some random reason we are never given. It COULD be for the passcode but even that was never really touched upon as to hint as the reason why he came back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In advance sorry for the double post.

"After the attack on the Villa" doesn't mean he came back one day after the attack, for all we know he could have come back a year later. I was suggesting that maybe he came back to the Villa after the Borgia influence had been eliminated in Rome and found the armor of Altair in the ruins and perhaps wanted to put the code in a place he knew only Assassins would know about. This would explain when Desmond is looking for a way into the Sanctuary and sees Ezio performing a leap of faith and landing right next to the cave that enters the Catacombs.

Pitalla
11-23-2010, 11:27 PM
How about an assasin cowboy? there is even a comic of that and it really works! he is some kind of bounty hunter or something, that hunts the free mazons of america.

hahaha, anyways I wanted to see more cristina but...

E-Zekiel
11-24-2010, 03:28 PM
I never said you stop being their descendant I just simply stated that it would be impossible to see them from the time they were born to the time they die. This is because their Genetic Memories are passed down through their child which means all memories up to the point of the child being conceived are given to the child. Once the child is born the ancestor can no longer give the child memories. The only way we could view the memories of the ancestor after the child is conceived is if the ancestor has another child. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nevermind. I think I see what you're saying.

bokeef04
11-24-2010, 04:47 PM

Because as soon as Ezio has impregnated someone, his memories can no longer be viewed in the animus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but who is to say the first child Ezio has is Desmonds decendant, Ezio could have had children to many women who maybe died early in life or continued the line elsewhere(e.g subj 16, maybe why he never made it to the vault)

it's not like as soon as you have a child you can no longer pass on any genetic memory to any further children you have

Pitalla
11-24-2010, 04:54 PM
How about something with Ezio's son or Altair's son when he is sent to stop Gengiskhan?

BAMB0
11-24-2010, 05:08 PM
It's probably passed through the genes that carry the 6th sense of Eagle Vision. I don't remember if it was touched on but I'm pretty sure Ezio's brothers never had Eagle Vision but he's dad sort of implied that he had it. When he tells Ezio to go back to their home and use his vision to find the hidden door. Something along those lines. So its possible thats how its passed?

galenwolf
11-24-2010, 05:18 PM
I would like to see Ezio get a good ending.

With AC2 we get to see Altair start towards getting a family, and through the codex that everything seemed to turn out good for him. He looks to have died peacefully with a family that he loved.

It would be nice to get some closure for Ezio in the same manner. Maybe with another episode with Desmond passing out and having an Ezio flashback that see's him finally find someone - since right now he's had some awful luck with Christina and Caterina.

delanydarling
11-24-2010, 09:29 PM
No, Ezio cannot be done. I don't think AC 3 will be directly about him, but I do think we'll have a few more memories.

Note: Anyone who has not played Brotherhood, do not read the following in case of spoilers. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If you remember, at the end of Brotherhood, Ezio sits with Leonardo and the Apple of Eden discussing how powerful the Apple is. Ezio decides to hide the Apple because he is frightened that Cesare will find it and use it for evil. When he gets up to go, he puts his hand on it, and it glows. I think he has a vision about the future because he seems really scared. He says he needs to "plant a seed". Memory 2 of sequence 9 is named "A Seed". This is also where they discover the password and find the Apple. However, the next memory we have of Ezio, four years pass, Cesare has escaped, and there is a battle going on. The same cut scene from the beginning of the game replays. This leaves open questions. What did Ezio see? Where did he go all those years? He could have gone back to Mario's place to leave the "seed" on the wall. I believe AC 3 will have to answer this... Otherwise, the creators are just throwing us on a loop.

I do want to note...
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> As Ubisoft associate producer Jean-Francois Boivin recently told Gamerzines, Assassinís Creed 3 will feature a new hero and a new setting, as has been the case with the previous two iterations in the series.

Read more: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/p...o.html#ixzz16GZ2pc3g (http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/706156/assassins-creed-3-to-feature-new-setting-new-hero.html#ixzz16GZ2pc3g) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RomanDozer
11-24-2010, 10:44 PM

thats what i got from it too.[/QUOTE]The ghost was all the way down at the Sanctuary, right in front of Altair's statue in fact. The code is at the very top of the stairs. There would be no reason for Ezio to return to the bottom of the Sanctuary with Altair's Armor if all he wanted to do was write on the upper floor.[/QUOTE]

Actually it could make sense. Remember Desmond and Lucy going through the catacombs to get to the sanctuary because they couldn't get through the bookcase? This could be because it is still locked from when Ezio locked it in the attack, which means Ezio could have used the catacombs to get back to the sanctuary as well. Now that I think of it, we see Ezio go into the cave that starts the catacombs when Desmond and friends are looking for a way in.[/QUOTE]

***SPOILERS AHEAD/ DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T BEAT THE GAME*** SPOILERS***

There we go. Next character in the story will be Ezio's....DAUGHTER. Yeah I'm a male, maybe more boys/ men play games than girls/ women. But it would be a really great change of pace, to be trained as an assassin and entrusted with all this PoE knowledge from our father.

Also, why do people assume that at the end of Desmond's Animus session, running Ezio's memories in AC:B, that it was Ezio who left the Apple PoE in the vault for it's final resting place before Desmond and co found it? Yeah, we see his ghost image as Desmond leading us into the cave in the beginning of the game. This tells us two things. Ezio did in fact return to the Aditore Villa and that he could have placed the code on the wall which is used to enter the vault where the apple PoE resides. But we don't know for "certain".

In AC:2, he was told about Desmond and although he is not sure who Desmond was at the time, I think he probably put 1 and 1 together and left this code because he believed, maybe not that it was Desmond who would recover it, but that someone in his order, of his bloodline? and with his same good moral ethics on man/women kind being unoppressed would come along someday. For whatever reason, who knows. But hey, that apple could have changed hands again between the time Ezio returned it to the time when Desmond and co found it. That was just the end of Ezio's memory.

I'd like to believe that. However all info in game points me to think that Ezio's part in this story is over. That Ezio returned the Apple PoE and it was there until Desmond and co retrieved it.

I guess I just want to see more old era gameplay and not in any hurry to see a modern day game with guns involved. There's enough gun combat games out and doesn't look like they'll stop being made. Ever.

Thoughts?

Sparty2020
11-24-2010, 11:49 PM
We know its Ezio because we were following Ezio's memories at the time and when the Assassin left the Colosseum he was obviously wearing Ezio's armor and weapons.

kriegerdesgottes
11-25-2010, 11:14 PM
I think that the "substantial dlc" that is coming out in nov 2011 will close out ezio's story for good. There is an interview with Phillipe Bergeron where he talks about the future dlc's and one is a big dlc to be the ac product for 2011 presumably while the rest work on acIII.

yadejenlo
11-26-2010, 01:18 AM
look u ****in idiots, ezio couldve had like 20 kids and desmond would still be able to see his memories, u wanna know why? because not every single kid is going to be desmond's ancestor,just think about, say ezio has two kids, tim and jim, and we can still see ezios memories after tim is born, and that is because tim is not desmond's ancestor, but jim is, tim's descendant is desmonds uncle or somethin while jim's descendant is desmonds dad who then has desmond

Zokuno
11-26-2010, 08:36 AM
No need to insult us just because you think you're right about everything. No one is saying that you wouldn't be able to view Ezio's memories at all after he has a child (which is an ancestor of Desmond), we are instead saying that as soon as this child is born, the memories that Ezio has after the child is conceived cannot be viewed by Desmond due to Ezio's genetic memories being passed through DNA (which obviously can't be given to the child after birth).

persiateddy95
11-26-2010, 04:30 PM
I've heard Ezio's voice actor is working on a new Assassin's Creed... So that means there's one more game coming out about Ezio.

E-Zekiel
11-26-2010, 04:54 PM
You know, initially I heaved a big sigh when I heard Ezio was getting a second main game (because Altair didn't get a second main game), but I am actually glad to hear that, Teddy. I want to know what happens next with him, because we don't really know the end of his story.

Hank_Mongolia
11-26-2010, 11:30 PM

Because as soon as Ezio has impregnated someone, his memories can no longer be viewed in the animus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's true, and the sequence with Altair in AC2 would support your point.

Sparty2020
11-26-2010, 11:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by persiateddy95:
I've heard Ezio's voice actor is working on a new Assassin's Creed... So that means there's one more game coming out about Ezio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's the 3DS game where Ezio goes to Masyaf.

persiateddy95
11-27-2010, 06:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sparty2020:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by persiateddy95:
I've heard Ezio's voice actor is working on a new Assassin's Creed... So that means there's one more game coming out about Ezio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's the 3DS game where Ezio goes to Masyaf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Huh, I forgot about that. But I thought he would get a different voice since Altair in Bloodlines had a different voice too.

stacksz2423
12-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Really if you think about there isnt no proof that if ezio concives or even haves the baby that desmond cant view his memory if there is I probaly forgot but with altiar that was a dream or the blood effect. And he stoped beging altiar so that he can learn how to become an assissian by being ezio . Theres two reson be stoped being altiar , to learn the ways of being an assissian and to find out what happen to the apple. Child birth is not a reason

bagelnagel16
12-31-2010, 03:22 PM
Who says Ezio has to pass down the blood line. Claudia can right?

bagelnagel16
12-31-2010, 03:24 PM
I've heard Ezio's voice actor is working on a new Assassin's Creed... So that means there's one more game coming out about Ezio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's the 3DS game where Ezio goes to Masyaf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Huh, I forgot about that. But I thought he would get a different voice since Altair in Bloodlines had a different voice too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ezio Auditore da Firenze (Ezio Auditore of Florence) (Voiced by Roger Craig Smith in Assassin's Creed II and Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, and by Kid Beyond in Assassin's Creed II: Discovery) is the main protagonist in Renaissance-era.

the_atm
12-31-2010, 03:49 PM
well if you ask me judging by how abstergo is still out there, and there is how many pice's of Edan? and the fact that subject 16 was obsessed about italy in the renaissance? i'm think (just a theory) the next game will still be in the same time period, but! ezio gives one of his assassins a contract to go find a poe, then we take it from there and i dont know do something cool in like england or something

Valentorg
12-31-2010, 10:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stacksz2423:
Really if you think about there isnt no proof that if ezio concives or even haves the baby that desmond cant view his memory </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except the reason already said here. Genetic memory is, obviously, passed down through genetics. Genetics can't be passed down to a child after the child has been concieved.
Now, it is possible Ezio's first child is not Desmond's ancestor and so the genetic memories could continue until a second(or third, fourth, and so on and so forth) child is concieved. But as soon as Desmond's next ancestor after Ezio is concieved, the memories can't be passed on to Desmond anymore.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bagelnagel16:
Who says Ezio has to pass down the blood line. Claudia can right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. Ezio is Desmond's ancestor, not Claudia. Claudia is Ezio's sister, the only way her memories got passed down to Desmond is if her and Ezio had a baby or if a decendant of hers had a baby with a decendant of Ezio's, or of Altair's if Altair and Ezio are of different bloodlines.
And even if one of those scenarios did happen, Ezio's memories still had to be passed on for Desmond to be able to access them in the Animus.

stacksz2423
01-01-2011, 07:52 PM

That's true , and the sequence with Altair in AC2 would support your point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it not true you said in the animus . With altiar That was a dream or the blood effect. Desmond was not in the animus

Neo_Age
01-01-2011, 08:54 PM
I think Ezio, as the main focus of the game, is done. I suspect that the way the game is set up primarly for melee combat and what not that the next game will be when the gun was just starting to move in as the primary weapon rather than swords and what not. To that end we may assume the role of Ezio's son or grandson.... or granddaughter? (Would anyone else have a problem if the next main assassin was a woman? I mean Animus wise is that a problem even?) and that if that is the case I would hope Ezio would make an appearance as a father figure, in a similar vein of Uncle Mario.

Alexbart1991
01-01-2011, 11:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yadejenlo:
look u ****in idiots, ezio couldve had like 20 kids and desmond would still be able to see his memories, u wanna know why? because not every single kid is going to be desmond's ancestor,just think about, say ezio has two kids, tim and jim, and we can still see ezios memories after tim is born, and that is because tim is not desmond's ancestor, but jim is, tim's descendant is desmonds uncle or somethin while jim's descendant is desmonds dad who then has desmond </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I highly disagree with the way the post was worded, he is right. We can see any memories up to the point that Desmonds next ancestor was concieved.

There wouldn't be a problem viewing a woman as long she was desmonds ancestor. I mean they might have to write some dialogue for Desmond commenting on it might be a little weird, but it's perfectly feasible.

Alexbart1991
01-01-2011, 11:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stacksz2423:
Really if you think about there isnt no proof that if ezio concives or even haves the baby that desmond cant view his memory if there is I probaly forgot but with altiar that was a dream or the blood effect. And he stoped beging altiar so that he can learn how to become an assissian by being ezio . Theres two reson be stoped being altiar , to learn the ways of being an assissian and to find out what happen to the apple. Child birth is not a reason </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apologies for double post but:

There is nothing in game that really says this but I think from simple logic we can deduce that once the next ancestor has been concieved, memories can no longer be viewed.

In AC1 Vidic explicitly says that it's genetic memory we are viewing so, it has to be passed on at conception. Once that has happened, no more memories are being conveyed to the baby. Only what was in the genes up to that point will be passed on. So having a child won't end the memories UNLESS that child is desmond's next ancestor on the family tree.

bokeef04
01-02-2011, 02:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alexbart1991:
Really if you think about there isnt no proof that if ezio concives or even haves the baby that desmond cant view his memory if there is I probaly forgot but with altiar that was a dream or the blood effect. And he stoped beging altiar so that he can learn how to become an assissian by being ezio . Theres two reson be stoped being altiar , to learn the ways of being an assissian and to find out what happen to the apple. Child birth is not a reason </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apologies for double post but:

There is nothing in game that really says this but I think from simple logic we can deduce that once the next ancestor has been concieved, memories can no longer be viewed.

In AC1 Vidic explicitly says that it's genetic memory we are viewing so, it has to be passed on at conception. Once that has happened, no more memories are being conveyed to the baby. Only what was in the genes up to that point will be passed on. So having a child won't end the memories UNLESS that child is desmond's next ancestor on the family tree. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's a little confusing, Desmond can only view Ezio's memories up until Ezio has the next ancestor of Desmonds, a really dumbed down way to look at it is if i gave you a camera and had you record everywhere you went for a week then i took the camera back, what you did the following weeks wouldn't be recorded to it would it

Lucy wanted to know why Vidic was so interested in Italy during Ezio's time so she used Ezio to also train Desmond, Desmond actually asks her why they didn't just go back to Altair's early years

Inorganic9_2
01-02-2011, 06:04 AM
I agree with yadejenlo, though in a much less violent way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ezio could have kids already, it's just they're not Desmond's ancestor!

Tbh, I hope Ezio's main story is done, but that we're going to get some sort of codex-like closure. I think Ezio appearing in two main games is enough(as there's only so much one man can do with his life!), but I would like some things to be clarified later (such as who was the mother of Desmond's ancestor, where he died etc.)

AMuppetMatt
01-02-2011, 08:39 AM
If anyone's still confused about the genetic memory and what memories Desmond can view, this should clear it up.

The animus reads genetic memory, yes? OK, imagine that there is one strand of DNA, just visualise a bit of DNA. Now say that that bit of DNA can never be destroyed or changed or removed, it can only be passed on. It's on this bit of DNA that Desmond views memories. When Ezio was born, let's say this bit of DNA is implanted into his arm, and it sits there. It sits there for 45 years until he goes and has sex with a courtesan or whoever (whatever Ezio does...). However, the DNA strand remains in his arm. The courtesan has Ezio's child, but because the DNA has remained in Ezio's arm, Desmond is still viewing Ezio's memories.

Now let's say he has sex with a girl called Jane (I dunno). This time, the DNA strand moves from Ezio's arm and dives into one of his sperm. It's this sperm that impregnates the egg and a foetus is born (or something...). From the moment that DNA strand leaves his body to join with the egg and conception, Desmond can no longer view Ezio's memories. Imagine that DNA strand as a cart on a roller coaster. Once it's left Ezio, you just gotta hang on to the ride and watch Ezio's son's life.

Remember, if you're ever stuck, just imagine a DNA strand being sucked in by a sperm... this should help http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

The only way you could view Claudia's memories is during the 9 month time after conception and before birth. To do this means Ezio would have had to have had sex with her. Renaissance women seem to find Ezio good looking... but I don't think his sister is gonna wanna get down and dirty somehow http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Inorganic9_2
01-02-2011, 10:12 AM
^ that's a slightly more confusing way of looking at it imo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

(btw, a complete copy of DNA is in every cell of the body!)

It's not a hard concept!

AMuppetMatt
01-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Meh... it helps me, but then again I'm from England so I'm pretty warped anyway.
And I know all about DNA and copies, but I was just trying to simplify things... I'm guessing though by your reaction it hasn't helped http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Inorganic9_2
01-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Well, I am a scientist, so I don't need models to get it, it's just your model didn't synch (LOOL) with the way I would describe it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I was thinking of a tape recorder model http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AMuppetMatt
01-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Oh Scientist... showing off are we? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Tape recorder... that works and it's simple.
Why didn't I think of that? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif