PDA

View Full Version : Cloud Visibility

Kerosine18
11-30-2004, 01:54 AM
I havent go PF yet, yet ne thing that bothers me more than dots in the distance is visibility when inside a cloud? Has anything been done to counter AI's views that are not hampered when in a cloud? hate runnning for cover inside a cloud and still being shot at! rest is awesome so far, and i have nothing to complain about the visual experience!

when PF finally ships to Malta I'll head straight for it and buy it, yet so far haven't seen it at all. hope it arrives by christmas!!

what you think, you prefer adjustments to be made for clouds or the dotrange? if both cant be, id vote for the clouds, adds much more to real feel of combat.

kerosine aka alistair

Kerosine18
11-30-2004, 01:54 AM
I havent go PF yet, yet ne thing that bothers me more than dots in the distance is visibility when inside a cloud? Has anything been done to counter AI's views that are not hampered when in a cloud? hate runnning for cover inside a cloud and still being shot at! rest is awesome so far, and i have nothing to complain about the visual experience!

when PF finally ships to Malta I'll head straight for it and buy it, yet so far haven't seen it at all. hope it arrives by christmas!!

what you think, you prefer adjustments to be made for clouds or the dotrange? if both cant be, id vote for the clouds, adds much more to real feel of combat.

kerosine aka alistair

LEXX_Luthor
11-30-2004, 03:32 AM
Oleg said AI will see clouds in new BoB sim...I can't wait. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Programming for AI to see clouds needs much programming for AI, new flight sim actually, which is why I don't Whine about it but Whine for it in next sim. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Fennec_P
11-30-2004, 07:46 PM
Oleg also said that new type of clouds would make their way into PF in an upcoming patch. Not next one, but later.

He elaborated that the new clouds would be more resource intensive than the old. The new clouds would be quite different visually from the old. The old clouds will still be an option. In multiplayer, the cloud settings would be determined by the host, and any clients connecting would automatically use the same cloud method.

At a guess, I imagine they will probably use a similar method to the clouds in LO:MAC. I just hope they run better than those.