PDA

View Full Version : problems dropping center bomb

Lorcan3
08-05-2005, 01:25 PM
anybody have a clue on how to drop your center bomb?The 3 key on the joystick ONLY drops the bombs on the wings!

Lorcan3
08-05-2005, 01:25 PM
anybody have a clue on how to drop your center bomb?The 3 key on the joystick ONLY drops the bombs on the wings!

|CoB|_Spectre
08-05-2005, 01:45 PM
Unfortunately the game drops bombs in the order it chooses. So, if you have bombs underwing and one on the centerline, just keep hitting the bomb-drop key and eventually they'll all jettison. Too bad it doesn't allow armament panel selection by the pilot. A "salvo" option would be good if you got bounced and needed to rid your aircraft of the excess weight in a hurry.

Atomic_Marten
08-05-2005, 01:45 PM
You can not drop bomb that is in center if you have selected "Unlimited Ammo"=ON. For instance on Ju-87 you can select 2x250SC + 1x500SC and with "unlimited Ammo" on, you will be dropping 250SCs only, without being able to drop 500SC.

Atomic_Marten
08-05-2005, 01:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by |CoB|_Spectre:
A "salvo" option would be good if you got bounced and needed to rid your aircraft of the excess weight in a hurry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that is some awesome idea. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif I have been in many such situations where I was in need to drop as many bombs as possible at once, but often I was unable to drop 'em at time, and I had to do a second pass.

AFSG_Mshine
08-05-2005, 07:26 PM
Or if you are a noobie, that center bomb
just might be a drop tank, in which case
you can hit the Weapon 4 button all day
and it will not help one bit! LMAO
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

VW-IceFire
08-05-2005, 08:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by |CoB|_Spectre:
Unfortunately the game drops bombs in the order it chooses. So, if you have bombs underwing and one on the centerline, just keep hitting the bomb-drop key and eventually they'll all jettison. Too bad it doesn't allow armament panel selection by the pilot. A "salvo" option would be good if you got bounced and needed to rid your aircraft of the excess weight in a hurry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That definately would be a nice extra feature. Still, just tap the key a few times...bombs away. I've never had a problem with that.

Tully__
08-06-2005, 01:30 AM
What Atomic_Marten said:- Turn on the "Limited Ammo" difficulty setting. You must drop wing pylon bombs before the centreline will drop and with unlimited ammo you never run out of wing bombs.