PDA

View Full Version : What files besides dll do i have to change to get the new patch to work?

Enforcer572005
02-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Ok, i thought my problems wiht the patch not letting my pf/fb start were solved when i renamed the designated dll file and replaced another one with it, since it started working fine last night once i did htat, no problems.

tonight i try to fly and my whole computer goes nuts....wont start again, not at all wiht the shortcut, wont start when i ope3n the cd tray and close it adn get teh start up screen, just get the opening scene which freezes, and sometimes i get a box that says il2fb/exe failed to initialize or something like that.

then i try to close the frozen screen and i once again get the dreaded "wont respond" box. Its as if i didnt replace the specified file and nothing has changed, despite my having no problems last night.

Obviously there must be some more files that have to be changed/deleted/modified etc. Is there some config file i have to mod, or an exe file? i also get a box that says the computer has lost contact wiht my printer, even though everything in that hidden tray is shut dn that can be.

the one time i got it to start tonight, the mouse was real jerky, like something was robbing memory etc. then it didnt want to turn off. which files would cause this, if anyone knows. Im about to have to uninstall and jsut re-install and forego the new patch. Havent seen anythign like this since the last microsoft product i bought.

Enforcer572005
02-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Ok, i thought my problems wiht the patch not letting my pf/fb start were solved when i renamed the designated dll file and replaced another one with it, since it started working fine last night once i did htat, no problems.

tonight i try to fly and my whole computer goes nuts....wont start again, not at all wiht the shortcut, wont start when i ope3n the cd tray and close it adn get teh start up screen, just get the opening scene which freezes, and sometimes i get a box that says il2fb/exe failed to initialize or something like that.

then i try to close the frozen screen and i once again get the dreaded "wont respond" box. Its as if i didnt replace the specified file and nothing has changed, despite my having no problems last night.

Obviously there must be some more files that have to be changed/deleted/modified etc. Is there some config file i have to mod, or an exe file? i also get a box that says the computer has lost contact wiht my printer, even though everything in that hidden tray is shut dn that can be.

the one time i got it to start tonight, the mouse was real jerky, like something was robbing memory etc. then it didnt want to turn off. which files would cause this, if anyone knows. Im about to have to uninstall and jsut re-install and forego the new patch. Havent seen anythign like this since the last microsoft product i bought.

FlatSpinMan
02-13-2006, 04:11 AM
Tough luck, Enforcer. I got no idea what would do that. If the game worked once after you changed the dll(whatever they are) it should work again you'd think. No other tweaks were mentioned in the readme.
Good luck with the reinstall. Can you download the patch again,too, maybe.

panther3485
02-13-2006, 05:51 AM
Don't know the differences between your system and mine, but I've got 4.03 working perfectly without doing anything extra and without changing anything.
[Well, not quite. I did have to re-calbrate my flight controls, but that was it. Then I was up and running - no probs, no issues.]

How many people here have had to fiddle with dll's and suchlike? I'm curious.

Best regards to all,
panther3485

Hurricane_320
02-13-2006, 05:55 AM
Forget about your dll's and such.

Do a complete reinstall with all patches and defrsgment your hard drive. If that does not work, post this in the "Community Help" forum.

Enforcer572005
02-13-2006, 07:41 AM
thanx guys....i guess all i can do is reinstall, though thats gonna take about 3 days at my time limitations. gonna be apain getting all my cmpns skins etc stored and replaced.

I did a defrag not 3 days before this, and i have virus protection and firewall, and the avg scans this thing everyday for such, also have all the ms updates etc. truly strange.

CD_kp84yb
02-13-2006, 07:43 AM
Heya

No need to panik,

first run a decent virus and spyware scan.

Then breath calm, no virus found? no spyware found?

Ok did you make the same screw up i have made??? like changing the JAVA to a newer version 3.15 orso???

Nope?

have you made backups from the old dll's??
just run the patch once more ( could be a screwed version)

And when this doesnt work , try the old dll's from 4.02m they work with this version also (got that from a realy good source)

This doesnt work, now its time to panic. imho

and reinstall the OS and the game cos i think there is a litle more going on.

Regards

Enforcer572005
02-13-2006, 05:42 PM
ok, ill try the old ones, do a fake install and use them from their . im wondering if there is a config ini or some such file i should try to. no time tonight, maybe tomorow . thankx.....

Enforcer572005
02-13-2006, 09:33 PM
ok, i defraged as suggested, and all of a sudden it works great again. Man is that bizarre or what? And it had been done jsut a few days ago, and only a few files were fragmented. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

I have no idea. but at least i ddnt have to reinstall all this stuff. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Saunders1953
02-13-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm not very well versed in these new fangled cantraptions, but that sounds suspiciously like my video card about a month after I remodeled the basement. Even though it was covered most of the time in a back room, drywall dust must have gotten to it and it fried a 6 month old Nvidea 6800GT. It was acting up for a day or less before it had the Big One. Pain. I hope a reinstall will work for you, Enforcer.