PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell Conviction Server

bontakun_azn
04-28-2010, 08:44 AM
when i create a private match and try to invite a friend i get a notice saying conviction server is not available... does anyone else get that as well?
and i can't find any matches using matchmaking... wth is going on with this game...?

bontakun_azn
04-28-2010, 08:44 AM
when i create a private match and try to invite a friend i get a notice saying conviction server is not available... does anyone else get that as well?
and i can't find any matches using matchmaking... wth is going on with this game...?

bontakun_azn
04-28-2010, 09:22 AM
so..... since no one is replying.. i guess this is happening with just me then?

darnokz
04-28-2010, 09:31 AM
I cant even launch the game so I wont help you - it says that my internet connection is fu*** up and cannot connect to ubisoft servers ^_^

APACHEJP
04-28-2010, 09:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bontakun_azn:
so..... since no one is replying.. i guess this is happening with just me then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're one of the few God-chosen people who CAN play SC:C without the master server error.

LithianLord
04-28-2010, 09:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by APACHEJP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bontakun_azn:
so..... since no one is replying.. i guess this is happening with just me then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're one of the few God-chosen people who CAN play SC:C without the master server error. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This made my day.

DoxilonQ
04-28-2010, 10:06 AM
What the hell is wrong with this game? From what I see bunch of people can't play this game and it looks like it's ubisoft's fault. Damn, I don't even have the game yet, but I hope I won't get any errors or something.

Skynxnex
04-28-2010, 10:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by APACHEJP:

You're one of the few God-chosen people who CAN play SC:C without the master server error. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Server error popped up a lot for me yesterday, but today I have been able to play without any issues.

secret777
04-28-2010, 10:16 AM
This is beacuse of the DRM

M.Demostenes
04-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Be happy, at least u can play the game

RaymanDK
04-28-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm a God chosen then ^^ I can play the game fine, but online.. I think the multiplayer serveres are down http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Now i'm going to play sp again ^^ cya.

bontakun_azn
04-28-2010, 12:57 PM
i just finished the single player.. im sorry to guys who are having issues with even the single player... so... hmmm DRM... damn it.. hope.. it fries? lol

TLG1991
04-28-2010, 01:27 PM
i thought i couldn't get online because im in europe and it only comes out on friday so i thought they had not turned the servers on full stop, but i don't know where you guys are from so i cant say.

i hope it is something this simple so we are not waiting a week or two to play some SC:C online, iv also nearly completed it i think i don't wana complete it that fast jesus iv not had it 12 hours never mind how long iv actually played it. god damn ubisoft are going down in my good books

darkzero7
04-29-2010, 10:34 PM
I had that problem all the time, and all i did was keep trying, and eventually it worked. Possibly a ubi server issue.

Netherheim
04-29-2010, 10:54 PM
I only had this server issue once, but it didn't really matter to me since I can't even get a game for co-op. I've really only played 1 co-op match, and the guy ditched out on me cuz his game crashed.

TheTingler
04-30-2010, 02:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skynxnex:
Server error popped up a lot for me yesterday, but today I have been able to play without any issues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm. Well, hopefully they should have sorted out the issue then, maybe it was something to do with the game technically not being available until now. Will report back in about two hours with a yes or an AAAAARGH.

YurikArkady
04-30-2010, 02:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by secret777:
This is beacuse of the DRM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The DRM mostly affects singleplayer, this multiplayer connection issue could be due to a number of reasons; please get your information straight before trying to play the blame game

@bontakun_azn; Are you behind a router/firewall? Have you tried opening the suggested ports?

Matchmaking is slow to work but there are a couple of tricks to working a private match. I find that if I send two or three invites one after another at one person, usually they can join my private match. Also having them go into a Deniable Ops match first and then you sending an invite works as well.

I've played through the story mode once already with no problem, and am starting a second playthrough now on realistic difficulty, no issues so far with the DRM, just make sure to forward the proper ports and you should be fine.

TheTingler
04-30-2010, 06:40 AM
Nope, once again the game Failed To Connect To Ubisoft's Master Servers. <span class="ev_code_RED">****bypass the forum word filter one more time and you'll lose your posting rights***</span>

iztari
04-30-2010, 11:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheTingler:
Nope, once again the game Failed To Connect To Ubisoft's Master Servers. <span class="ev_code_RED">***EDIT***</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The DRM is a good idea, but I had the same problem now as I did when AC2 was released, and then they blamed it on a DoS-attack. I personally think that the statement is BS, and they haven't enough computers or bandwidth to handle all the login requests.

YurikArkady
04-30-2010, 02:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iztari:
and then they blamed it on a DoS-attack. I personally think that the statement is BS, and they haven't enough computers or bandwidth to handle all the login requests. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

4chan did take credit for the DOS attack, as well as announce prior they were going to do it.

Slash_Wolf
04-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Waiting forever to be able to play Co-op.. Cant handle this stress anymore xD

smplo8e2liili
04-30-2010, 10:54 PM
same

BAWB.BAGET
05-01-2010, 12:40 AM
Yes. This is absurd. Definitely the last time I'm buying a $60 game from Ubisoft.

novaeffingbear
05-01-2010, 07:45 AM
I got it for 49.99 at Best Buy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

IllIIIlIllIlIlI
05-01-2010, 09:53 AM
I hate getting let down after being so excited to get the game because I've always loved the splinter cell series. Thanks alot Ubisoft... Thanks alot... Definately the last time I'll buy a $60 dollar game until you get your stuff straightened out.

zeroxz2010
05-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Jeez, been playing singale player coop for great few days and suddenly after redeeming the uplay rewards, the exclusive content doesnt work, it says the splinter cell server are not currently available...3 days already, creeps me out....

kenjigreat
05-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Add me Kenjigreat I really want to play CO-Op but the server is crap

zeroxz2010
05-02-2010, 11:39 AM
My pleasure Kenjigreat...but its 2 in the morning already in my time...tomorrow probably...

Delushin
05-07-2010, 05:58 AM
i am getting same message

when i try to click friends or access exclusive content the "Splinter Cell Servers, are not on this planet"

zeroxz2010
05-07-2010, 11:17 AM
I tried to play with kenjigreat...but not working...what's the use of buying this legally if it doesn't even work???

Bearhands
05-08-2010, 11:37 AM
the same thing is happening with my game i cant even get a fricken match online its so ridiculous for a day i thought i was the only one on earth playin ths game uplay says the server will be coming soon though so i guess we will jus have to wait a bit.

Bearhands
05-08-2010, 11:41 AM
i am havin the same problem with my game is so frustrating i hope tht they fix this damn thing soon cause im getting really ****ed

biruk83
05-18-2010, 11:46 AM
same problem any solutions out there??

Jokkesmokke
06-04-2010, 06:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klaz0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iztari:
and then they blamed it on a DoS-attack. I personally think that the statement is BS, and they haven't enough computers or bandwidth to handle all the login requests. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

4chan did take credit for the DOS attack, as well as announce prior they were going to do it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rule 1 and 2

R-TlLLERY
07-23-2010, 06:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jokkesmokke:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klaz0:

4chan did take credit for the DOS attack, as well as announce prior they were going to do it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rule 1 and 2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a load of SH!T... they just need to get their SH!T togather.

FM Big Gunner
08-01-2010, 01:44 AM
The server issue has been going on for several months now. I'm tired of trying to get the maps THAT I PAID FOR and I cann't play them because the server is not up or whatnot. Sometimes it works, but almost 85% of the time it does not.

I have bought the PC version, two copies of the XBOX version, including the collectable deluxe edition, when they first came out, for full price.

I wish UBISoft would fix the server issue, or at least fix the drm so the maps I purchased are playable without that server connection.

Lt._Big_Mack
08-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Seeing as problems with the server date back from way back, even before april, I haven't got much hope left they will get it fixed any time soon before christmas,... if they ever do...
In the last case scenario I will never buy one of their games again, even though they have a few very strong franchises out there. I guess it'll be youtube for me then, trying to find some walkthroughs and the like.
Well done Ubisoft, well done. You just killed all the fun there was in playing these games.

cohencas
08-15-2010, 04:41 AM
i cant even get on the game, it says it cant connect to the ubisoft master server and that my internet isnt working but i can go on anything else on the internet http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif . please help!!!!!

hubbardt
08-17-2010, 01:51 PM
This always heappens when my brother and I try to play co-op. We just keep trying and trying and eventually get in.

sometimes we get "players out of sync" error and then have to restart the mission from last save ... grrr

Sometimes exiting to desktop and logging back in helps :-/

Victoroos
08-18-2010, 09:38 AM
me 2, it's really frustrating that I can't play what I have payed for, hope they fix it sooner then soon

Sir_Jixo
08-23-2010, 01:03 AM
same here and same for my brother. I hope Ubisoft burns to the ground. Never again will I support or purchase any of their products again. They are not who they use to be, they are dead to me.

Vexed11
08-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Hello all,

I have also been suffering with this issue being unable to connect to games or connect to ubisofts servers ever since day 2 of its release.

I have contacted Ubisofts tech support center in hope they could either find the issue and help cure it or at least mark it down in the "to be fixed" pile. (wow was i wrong)

So far the member of the tech support center gives the impression they do not know what they are talking about.

"Close down all background tasks & startup tasks.
To do this click Start, then Run, then type MSCONFIG and click OK. From there click on the tab marked startup. For Windows XP users click the
button marked as Disable All, then click Apply and Close. Then run the game."

needless to say having plenty of PC knowledge doing so would be a stupid thing to do.

I just wish i could find someone at ubisoft who would solve this issue so i can play the game i paid for on preorder.

**EDIT Added text below**

I have followed SC since the first one and this will be my last, i am throughly dissapointed with the lack of support and fixes ubisoft have published for this game & find it ironic that the cracked version works better than the retail version (the irony)

-Vexed

hubbardt
08-24-2010, 02:51 PM
My brother (who lives in the UK) says that connection to the server seems to be time related. At certain hours (morning in UK so 4am USA) is good, other times (usually noon or evening in USA it's terrible.

Maybe they have on old crappy server doing the authentication and it can't handle more then a few requests per second ? :-/

Abhishek.C.M
03-07-2011, 08:31 AM

USE WINDOWS XP

Muki41
05-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Still Broken

Hoak
05-25-2011, 11:50 PM
Hey fellas, I guess I'm one of the 'lucky' ones that can connect; though with on one on-line to play with it sure doesn't feel that way.

have any of you tried calling the Ubisoft Support Numbers (http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx)? What sort of help did you get?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Mipeee
05-30-2011, 11:53 AM
We just bought this piece of **** with my friend from steam, and can't connect to the private server... You made a co-op game wich you cant ****ing play online good job.. Why bother buying this **** when you can just download, crack it and boom it works better. Well done ubisoft.

Last game i bought from you.

Hannibalektr
06-18-2011, 03:07 AM
If the Ubisoft servers are up you don't have to take your Win7 firewalls down to play lan or multi, just have to open the ports on you router (for my router forward ports under applications and gaming &gt; port range forwarding) and it works fine on LAN now.

9103 - 10196 (UDP)
80 - 80 (both)
3081 - 3105 (TCP)
22350 - 22380 (TCP)

So if you are not able to get to your LAN interface, it is most likely because the Ubisoft servers are not responding. I use Microsoft &gt; Security Essentials for virus scan and it's up all the time with no issues. I hope that helps.

All it shows me is an error that servers are down. How could it be down if I can't even make a server to begin with? I don't appreciate having to rely on your external servers for a LAN game.

I've spent hours reading and messing with my router. I dont want hamachi, cracks or other possible trojans on my rig. Bought this so my daughter and I could play together. I dont want to call your support line, I don't want to have to read and tinker for hours, I'm REALLY ****ED!

Ubisoft support really needs to make a statement saying what I posted below so people like me don't spend tons of time banging their heads against a brick wall thinking an external server shouldnt be needed for offline play, but unfortunately it is.

Some kind of response explaining that coop/multiplayer wont work while servers are down would have been great, that should have been right here in this support forum. Something like this maybe:
"Ubisoft Servers are experiencing technical difficulties and are down for a short time, so Coop and Multiplayer won't work until they are up again. Check back for confirmation that the issue has been resolved and our servers are up again".

Another suggestion is putting a widget on your forums and other websites that shows a "red" light or "Green" light when servers are up or down, like this http://us.battle.net/wow/en/status

--------------------------
I'd like to add that this game IS WORTH EVERY PENNY (purchased through steam), I am sincerely having the time of my life playing it, and coop is a friggin blast. We love this game.

I was only upset that the coop doesnt work all the time, but the servers seem to be up now. It figures that has been the case since my last post.

PS
Please get Uplay to Alpha, the beta blows :*\

Ltp0wer
06-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Danoon, the ubisoft master servers are probably down. Either that or there was a uplay launcher update that broke the game (Someone said that there was an update the day the game broke). It's been like this for 2 or 3 days now.

Also, When you try to start a multiplayer game, whether that is lan or not, you need to connect to the ubisoft master server. I don't know if this is for anti-piracy, anti-hacking, achievement system purposes. Either way, they are down.

DCAustin007
06-18-2011, 05:53 PM
It's been broken for a week.

EDIT: sat 10pm, it's working again, just got out of a coop match.

OSENSE
06-18-2011, 11:11 PM
I just started a post same matter bloody annoying

Hannibalektr
06-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Yes, they have been down for quite a while as far as I'm concerned. I've had this game for months and have always had issues connecting for coop.

As soon as I posted my original message last night my associated email account was hacked and spammed world of warcraft account emails that they need to give up their passwords.
Make sure your password for ubisoft is not the same as your email account (or anything else for that matter).

Hannibalektr
06-23-2011, 03:11 AM
delete

DustyVegas
08-18-2011, 12:38 AM
Just bought this game. Went through the campaign and thoroughly enjoyed it. Went to play co-op for the first time, and what do I find? The servers are down. Thanks Ubisoft, loving your ability to keep a game server up and running for at least a single day. Great progress you're making. Can't wait until the day you make a multiplayer only game, and get sued for every penny you have. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif