PDA

View Full Version : (personal reviews problem) has anyone noticed this

colt122
11-19-2007, 01:05 AM
every personal review from someone that has a low score says

I was really dissapointed with the stealth were was it ubi is t3h lam3StT oon st34lth

colt122
11-19-2007, 01:05 AM
every personal review from someone that has a low score says

I was really dissapointed with the stealth were was it ubi is t3h lam3StT oon st34lth

Hassan-Sabbah
11-19-2007, 01:36 AM
Originally posted here: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/9...121057906#4121057906 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/9771076906?r=4121057906#4121057906)

"...and it seems not many people understand the "social stealth" concept. And even when it is understood, I am still seeing things like "And the guards are fooled by me folding my hands sht!" and "Guards do not notice me killing some one 3 feet away" or "It is so stupid to hide in hay/garden box/sitting on a bench!"

It is a GAME. I do not recall reading complaints in the Splinter Cell series when you hide in the shadows the guards do not notice the three glaring green lights on your head! Or MGS, I suppose hiding in a box is better than hay. Or Hitman series, just walking around a corner calms everyone down..."

Pr0metheus 1962
11-19-2007, 01:52 AM
I'm usually a stickler for the AI acting realistically and although some reviews led me to buy with a bit of trepidation I can't fault this game. Every time I kill someone if a soldier is looking my way he'll spot me. I think many gamers think that AI should have eyes in the backs of their heads or X-ray vision or something.

Similarly, people often say "Oh, the AI only attacks you one by one". Firstly it's simply not true - if a couple of higher level AI are in the fight they will attack in combination. Secondly, guess what - real people do that too: when an elite fighter is surrounded by lesser enemies, guess what - they're SCARED! That's why in the game the AI leader types yell at their minions urging them to attack. It's also why sometimes after a brutal killing some of the minions cower in fear.

I'm getting a little tired of arcade game fans thinking that AI should always behave as if they have superhuman senses and no fear. It's ridiculous! The stuff they're complaining about is a FEATURE, not a flaw.

bl80
11-19-2007, 06:41 AM
yawn.
i am selling the game on ebay and wait patiently for AC2.

A lot of great things in the game.. but more that I did not like.

I am sure they will tidy things up for the next release.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Can I have your stuff?

...Oh wait, sorry - different genre.

Steef7
11-20-2007, 12:53 PM
great game and i agree with both Beeryus and Hassan-Sabbah there point cover what i think about the AI, i was worried before i played it, but now having had a good 6hrs the AI seems good, also i have had two guards flank me and attack when i was focused on another guard, seem what i would do in a fight

dirtybird21
11-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Also there is alot of people complaining about you being able 2 stealth assassinate someone and get away without anyone attacking you... Well what the hell would be the point of stealth assassinating if everyone noticed? Thats really the whole point of it is you can do it.. Move a little bit away from the body and it causes a distraction... Plus if you were walking around a crowded city, It basically looks like he walks by him and grabs him a little and then walks away, They also take a second 2 actually look dead, Thats why there isn't a "dead body" until they hit the ground.