PDA

View Full Version : Me 410 and Fw 190D-11/D-13 mods

paradoxguy
09-14-2009, 01:44 AM
From what I have read on this forum, I understand that we can discuss mods to IL-2 1946, including new aircraft downloads, as long we do not post direct links to mod sites. If I am wrong, I apologize and ask that you ignore the following questions.

For any IL-2 players on this forum that have downloaded the Me 410 and Fw 190D-11/D-13 and routinely fly them in IL-2 1946, I had the following questions:

1. What is the default armament of the Me 410, particularly the Me 410B and Me 410D? Can the information be found in any of the mod files that are part of the download? I looked for this information extensively, but could not find it. I can surmise the Me 410A's data from historical references, but the B and D variants are very difficult to ascertain since the historical variants did not fly operationally.

2. Similarly, I'm looking for the performance parameters of the Me 410B/D and Fw 190D-11/D-13, including level speed at sea level and optimal ceiling and climb rate. The historical data are difficult to find, even though a precious few of the Fw 190D-11 and 190D-13 did fly operationally. Is the information included in any of the mod files that are part of the aircraft download?

I previously made inquiries to the mod forum with no responses.

For those IL-2 players unfamiliar with these aftermarket aircraft additions, they can be found with some legwork starting with a browser search for "All Aircraft Arcade". The instructions require careful reading and adherence and can be inconsistent. These mods are worth checking out and they are well-integrated into IL-2 1946.

paradoxguy
09-14-2009, 01:44 AM
From what I have read on this forum, I understand that we can discuss mods to IL-2 1946, including new aircraft downloads, as long we do not post direct links to mod sites. If I am wrong, I apologize and ask that you ignore the following questions.

For any IL-2 players on this forum that have downloaded the Me 410 and Fw 190D-11/D-13 and routinely fly them in IL-2 1946, I had the following questions:

1. What is the default armament of the Me 410, particularly the Me 410B and Me 410D? Can the information be found in any of the mod files that are part of the download? I looked for this information extensively, but could not find it. I can surmise the Me 410A's data from historical references, but the B and D variants are very difficult to ascertain since the historical variants did not fly operationally.

2. Similarly, I'm looking for the performance parameters of the Me 410B/D and Fw 190D-11/D-13, including level speed at sea level and optimal ceiling and climb rate. The historical data are difficult to find, even though a precious few of the Fw 190D-11 and 190D-13 did fly operationally. Is the information included in any of the mod files that are part of the aircraft download?

I previously made inquiries to the mod forum with no responses.

For those IL-2 players unfamiliar with these aftermarket aircraft additions, they can be found with some legwork starting with a browser search for "All Aircraft Arcade". The instructions require careful reading and adherence and can be inconsistent. These mods are worth checking out and they are well-integrated into IL-2 1946.

PanzerAce
09-14-2009, 01:50 AM
the Dora's likely have the same best climb as the D-9...they'll just be able to do a steeper AOA while doing that speed.

The 410 is likely in the 240-260 area, considering that's where all the other twins seem to be (other than the -335....)

VMF-214_HaVoK
09-14-2009, 03:53 PM
I believe the basic Me-410B&D had the same armament as the basic A model except the MG 17s(30cal) were replaced with MG 131s(15mm). They should also be equipped with two MG 151/20s.

S!

Xiolablu3
09-15-2009, 08:10 AM
Very late Me410s were going to have the 4xMK213

OUCH.

TinyTim
09-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Also note that the 50mm cannon modelled on these birds is not a BK-5 (as labeled in the sim), it's an MK-214. BK-5 has much lower rate of fire (50 rpm), and less ammosupply (21 rounds), while MK-214 was a newer design with higher rof (150 rpm) designed to obliterate heavy bombers from ranges outside of their defensive weapons.

FoolTrottel
09-15-2009, 02:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is the information included in any of the mod files that are part of the aircraft download? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Discussing mods to that level of detail is not allowed over here.

paradoxguy
09-17-2009, 03:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FoolTrottel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is the information included in any of the mod files that are part of the aircraft download? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Discussing mods to that level of detail is not allowed over here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't know there was a rule against discussing mods in detail, I only saw the post about being allowed to discuss mods. Could you point me to the posted rule pertaining to mod discussion so I know better what can and cannot be discussed? Thx

Xiolablu3
09-17-2009, 05:03 AM
The line is drawn when a poster asks for support on a mod, we dont give support on that subject.

Its a little confusing, but it has to be that way. None of the moderators here are linked to mods.

The place to ask for support and help on mods is AAA.

paradoxguy
09-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Thanks for clarifying the situation. The rule is logical. I must admit, I proverbially scratched my head and chin for a moment about how my query violated the mod support rule, then I realized that by asking a question about the mod, I was, of course asking for support!