PDA

View Full Version : slightly OT: Thunder Over Reno

Blottogg
09-30-2006, 05:04 AM
I still can't sleep, and cable's still full of infomercials, so here's a new movie to bash, er, discuss. An article in this month's Air Classics about the movie caught my attention. It's due for release in "Summer 2007", and is set during the Unlimited Air Races at Reno. The movie's link is here Thunder Over Reno (http://www.thunderoverreno.com/)

Apparently it's been in some form of planning/production since 1997. The male lead is a pro wrestler named Hawk Younkins (along the lines of such dramatic luminaries as "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Jesse "The Body" Ventura, and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson) and it's billed as a love story, so my hopes for a real plot are slim. OTOH, they did a lot of location filming this year and last, and the flying sequences could be cool.

Blottogg
09-30-2006, 05:04 AM
I still can't sleep, and cable's still full of infomercials, so here's a new movie to bash, er, discuss. An article in this month's Air Classics about the movie caught my attention. It's due for release in "Summer 2007", and is set during the Unlimited Air Races at Reno. The movie's link is here Thunder Over Reno (http://www.thunderoverreno.com/)

Apparently it's been in some form of planning/production since 1997. The male lead is a pro wrestler named Hawk Younkins (along the lines of such dramatic luminaries as "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Jesse "The Body" Ventura, and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson) and it's billed as a love story, so my hopes for a real plot are slim. OTOH, they did a lot of location filming this year and last, and the flying sequences could be cool.

flakwagen
09-30-2006, 05:22 AM
The cast looks like the reject list from an underwear model casting call. This flick is going to suck like a Hoover on shag carpet. I suppose some pilots will make nice coin when they do tricks for the camera- that's the only good thing to come from it that I can think of right off hand.

WOLFMondo
09-30-2006, 07:43 AM
When I saw this I though 'excellent! A movie about the Reno races' But then I looked at the synopsis and cast.

When it comes out, can someone do the honours and edit it down so I can just watch the flying bits please?