PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick of getting screwd out of the good collectors edition!

kriegerdesgottes
12-01-2010, 03:10 AM
ok I am american, and every time an assassin's creed game comes out I watch the europeans get this ridiculously awesome version and we americans get shafted with a half *** version. This started from the beginning with the first game. I got the collectors edition I was so excited and it came with a tiny little toy which I thought would be bigger and the europeans got a giant awesome statue. then the second game comes out and the europeans get the black edition that comes with literally every possible thing. and we americans get a decent version but it's missing 2 or 3 side missions. are you really going to tell me ubisoft that it costs you more in america to put in extra side missions? that's b.s. and then again with brotherhood. the europeans get the amazing codex edition. you get everything and more. you get all the characters all the side missions you get a set of cards you get the lineage movie and we americans get a stupid jack in the box and 2 side missions. are you kidding me? and the "hard" map is a stupid piece of paper with part of the poster I already got for pre-ordering the game. which the europeans ALSO got. the only thing the europeans didn't get this time was the jack in the box which blows anyway.I'm just saying it's not fair and I don't buy the whole oh it's more expensive to make in america crap either you know how expensive it is to do ANYTHING in europe? I feel like I get charged 2 euros to breath every time i'm there.

kriegerdesgottes
12-01-2010, 03:10 AM
ok I am american, and every time an assassin's creed game comes out I watch the europeans get this ridiculously awesome version and we americans get shafted with a half *** version. This started from the beginning with the first game. I got the collectors edition I was so excited and it came with a tiny little toy which I thought would be bigger and the europeans got a giant awesome statue. then the second game comes out and the europeans get the black edition that comes with literally every possible thing. and we americans get a decent version but it's missing 2 or 3 side missions. are you really going to tell me ubisoft that it costs you more in america to put in extra side missions? that's b.s. and then again with brotherhood. the europeans get the amazing codex edition. you get everything and more. you get all the characters all the side missions you get a set of cards you get the lineage movie and we americans get a stupid jack in the box and 2 side missions. are you kidding me? and the "hard" map is a stupid piece of paper with part of the poster I already got for pre-ordering the game. which the europeans ALSO got. the only thing the europeans didn't get this time was the jack in the box which blows anyway.I'm just saying it's not fair and I don't buy the whole oh it's more expensive to make in america crap either you know how expensive it is to do ANYTHING in europe? I feel like I get charged 2 euros to breath every time i'm there.

Abeonis
12-01-2010, 08:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I feel like I get charged 2 euros to breath every time i'm there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We don't have the euro in the UK.

kriegerdesgottes
12-01-2010, 09:05 AM
true but I guess I was referring to the Germany/France region.

Hatzego
12-01-2010, 09:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
ok I am american, and every time an assassin's creed game comes out I watch the europeans get this ridiculously awesome version and we americans get shafted with a half *** version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's nice that we have ONE game that we get the decent collectors edition. As the prime target market you Americans tend to get all of the decent stuff. And since Ubisoft is a French, ergo European, company I like how they are sticking with their continent. You lot still get the game before us, and do with other European titles (Fable II, III).

I wanted a Pip Boy with Fallout 3 but it wasn't available here.

kriegerdesgottes
12-01-2010, 09:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Myke013:
ok I am american, and every time an assassin's creed game comes out I watch the europeans get this ridiculously awesome version and we americans get shafted with a half *** version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's nice that we have ONE game that we get the decent collectors edition. As the prime target market you Americans tend to get all of the decent stuff. And since Ubisoft is a French, ergo European, company I like how they are sticking with their continent. You lot still get the game before us, and do with other European titles (Fable II, III).

I wanted a Pip Boy with Fallout 3 but it wasn't available here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>true, but the game is actually made in montreal canada, however you are definitely right about having to wait longer for that game, that would suck.

OGCFB
12-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Yes and grand theft auto was made in Scotland but US still get it earlier than the UK even though we are right next door to Scotland...

rocketxsurgeon
12-01-2010, 09:18 AM
The tables of changed for once. Ubisoft is a european based company. Most developers are based in America. Europe normally doesn't get anything, we're normally the ones in your position.

Its nice to have something for once where Europe have something extra. We get everything after the U.S. Some could argue that you got the game a few days before us.

Hatzego
12-01-2010, 09:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OACFB:
Yes and grand theft auto was made in Scotland but US still get it earlier than the UK even though we are right next door to Scotland... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah I forgot Rockstar were Scottish. It makes sense dont you think? Games with drugs alcohol and violence... Its like visiting my gradparents but with pixels.

Ru1986
12-01-2010, 09:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OACFB:
Yes and grand theft auto was made in Scotland but US still get it earlier than the UK even though we are right next door to Scotland... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scotlands in the UK http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif but thats partly because the Scots as im sure you know wont give any credit to the English.

sFX_usa
12-01-2010, 09:39 AM
dude, you're an american. you ALWAYS get the good stuff. don't come crying about how unfair it could be, we already know that.
same with the 360 and their over reaction on the DLC exclusive.
either get over it or import.

PS. please don't mind the ID. I'm not from america.

polo-i-3
12-01-2010, 09:41 AM
wait your sick of getting screwd out of a good collectors? well buddy how does it feel to have the shoe on the other foot? we people in europe always get screwd, assassins creed is the only game that I know of that gives us the better collectors, take little big planet for instance, it a european company yet america get the way better collectors with cool stuff and all DLC costumes and europe get a steelcasing and only 7 of the 11 costumes so pal just let us in europ enjoy this 1 collectors that we know is better and let us forget that you American always get the better one and stil cry about how its not good enough

D173120T
12-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Its not nice coming second is it?Now you know how us in the European area feel when its the other way around,which happens more often than not.As for the being charged to breathe,we have to live with this crap each and every day!I bet you wouldnt want to be paying $7.30 a US Gallon for fuel would you?

Mr_Shade
12-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Different regions get different versions for a few reasons, marketing / retailers sometimes ask for special editions as well..

All in all though, peoples upset at not having the same version everywhere has been reported back to Ubisoft though, so your point of view has been noted http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I am locking the thread before it becomes an all out war though..