PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: The Movie

Audicity19
12-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Would this ever be possible? Because I'd make this my favorite movie no matter what. I'm just curious if Ubisoft would be willing to make it into a movie, since they made Prince of Persia into one.

Side note, who do you'd think play the best role as Desmond/Altair/Ezio? I'd want to see Wentworth Miller as that actor.

Audicity19
12-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Would this ever be possible? Because I'd make this my favorite movie no matter what. I'm just curious if Ubisoft would be willing to make it into a movie, since they made Prince of Persia into one.

Side note, who do you'd think play the best role as Desmond/Altair/Ezio? I'd want to see Wentworth Miller as that actor.

Gyro458
12-10-2010, 01:06 AM
I'd prefer if they all looked different. The only thing I don't like about AC1 is the fact Altair SOMEHOW looks exactly like Desmond.

TheLeoCrow
12-10-2010, 01:32 AM
The only actor i can imagine starring in this movie would be the one they modeled desmont/altair/ezio after

Redfeather1975
12-10-2010, 01:52 AM
They could make it in CG.
Then it wouldn't need specially trained professionals for all the parkour stunts.

Ru1986
12-10-2010, 02:25 AM
the have done a movie or short movie was not very well acted atall but it told the story of Giovanni Auditore so it was set before AC2 the games story strated called Linege i think.

Confusious30
12-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Judging by Lineage, they could do one rather easily.

I would rather see a CG movie, kind of like the AC2 trailer that first surfaced at E3. If they did a 2 hour film like that, I'd have an incredibly painful erection for the next seven years.

ViNyLek
12-10-2010, 11:28 AM
I can't wait for Uncharted movie!! Not even AC movie could beat it (if it was to come out:-P)

montagemik
12-10-2010, 11:57 AM
You should read what they're planning for the Uncharted movie before getting excited - It's gonna have little to do with the characters as they're portrayed in the games, & more family orientated (i'll pass)

Assassin's Creed has the potential to be an absolutely massive Cinema saga , if done correctly it could be Amazing. The story & content has everything needed to rival other cinema greats like...
the Matrix,
Pirates/carribean,
maybe even original Star wars trilogy.

ViNyLek
12-10-2010, 03:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by montagemik:
You should read what they're planning for the Uncharted movie before getting excited - It's gonna have little to do with the characters as they're portrayed in the games, & more family orientated (i'll pass)

Assassin's Creed has the potential to be an absolutely massive Cinema saga , if done correctly it could be Amazing. The story & content has everything needed to rival other cinema greats like...
the Matrix,
Pirates/carribean,
maybe even original Star wars trilogy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

****, Prince of Persia was family oriented and I thought it was ****ing awesome (although blood would add to the experience;-))

It's all about how they go around making it and not who they film it for. I have to admint that Disney as a studio with their movies has grown on me greatly over past few years. Pirate's movies and humor could be compared to uncharted in different clothes:-P

Xanatos2007
12-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Assassin's Creed doesn't really seem like 'movie' material. In order for a game to make a good movie it needs to be cinematic to begin with (for example, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men) and it needs to have a plot that would work well as a film (again as with K&L, although the K&L movie that Hollywood has planned already stinks of failure).

Assassin's Creed is not a cinematic game nor is its plot movie-worthy; it's too vast & complex. If it were to be converted into a movie the plot would be severely diluted and the characters weakened. Videogames are the only medium capable of exploring AC properly and it should remain that way. And yes I am one of those few dilts that sees videogames as an art form - and a rather important one at that.

EDIT: Also, the production team behind the film should know how to handle material from videogames properly. Writing for videogames requires a completely different skillset than writing for films, which is why a lot of movie producers tend to butcher videogame plots to make them more approachable for a casual movie audience. This is something a lot of developers need to get into their heads.