PDA

View Full Version : AI Unlimited Ammo

blankenship
12-04-2004, 10:44 AM
I was being chased by a Zero and my little yellow friend fired for one minute straight. Have you seen similar situation? What's up with that? Alos, I think it would be cool if when you riddle a plane, it drops one landing gear...kinda like it's spilling its guts. We've all seen that a bunch in gun camera footage.

BlastinFooz-619
12-04-2004, 11:23 AM
ive been askin for that for a while now but it i guess they dont want to put it in. as for the unlimited ammo i beleive you are right.

Opiate364
12-04-2004, 11:33 AM
Negative, AI has limited ammo. If you watch the AI, you will see they don't have unlimited rockets, cannons, bullets, or bombs. One way to see this is to watch a plane that has cannons and machine guns, the cannon ammo will run out. Whether or not the ammo loads that the AI has(cannons and machine guns) is correct I have no idea.

MINTZ2
12-04-2004, 11:34 AM
Just keep turning and they will run out sooner or later.

georgeo76
12-04-2004, 11:35 AM
remember the AC type. The Zero (like the 109) has massive amounts of MG ammo. Cannons run out pretty quickly.

GT182
12-04-2004, 11:35 AM
I've been flying online Coops for almost a year and haven't seen unlimited AI ammo. If you watch from outside you'll see they run out after awhile and head for home... or try too. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Sure it seems they might have unlimited ammo, but watch a track or if you're shot down stay and view things as s spectator. You'll see what I mean eventually.

VW-IceFire
12-04-2004, 11:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blankenship:
I was being chased by a Zero and my little yellow friend fired for one minute straight. Have you seen similar situation? What's up with that? Alos, I think it would be cool if when you riddle a plane, it drops one landing gear...kinda like it's spilling its guts. We've all seen that a bunch in gun camera footage. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thats because...if I remember right, the Zero has over 1000 rounds of 7.7mm machine gun ammo. It takes a long time for that ammo to run down.

Fly against the George. It has less than 5 seconds of 20mm cannon ammo. Watch them use that up quickly and NEVER fire another 20mm blast again.

The AI does have limited ammo. Some planes have more ammo than others.

AtEaseGentlemen
12-04-2004, 04:36 PM
With regards the unlimited AI ammo - every second that I am under fire feels like 10....

Maybe you timed it, but beware of the vagaries of human perception http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rammjaeger
02-15-2006, 07:13 PM
What about enemy AAA, especially on ships? Do they have limited ammo as well?

Zeus-cat
02-15-2006, 07:25 PM
AAA, whether on a ship or on the ground, has unlimited ammo. The mission builder can set the reload rate (ROF), so that it takes time to reload and the rate of fire isn't so intense.

The AI planes tend to get really stupid once they run out of ammo. They used to anyway, I haven't checked since the latest patch. Anyway, they tend to fly in a straight line away from the fight and don't take evasive action when you get behind them.

VW-IceFire
02-15-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Rammjaeger:
What about enemy AAA, especially on ships? Do they have limited ammo as well?
They do have unlimited ammo. Mind you...ships always carried enough to go for quite some time so its not unusual for a ship to fire continously for a very long time.

AI definately do not have unlimited ammo. As I mentioned before, the Zero has a VERY large supply of 7.7mm machine gun ammunition. It'll take maybe a full minute or more to expend.

jarink
02-15-2006, 10:25 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/353.gif

I just d/l'ed a movie today from military.com (in their "Shock and Awe" media section. It requires free membership, else I'd give a link) that featured an improved version of the M-60 light machine gun. The company that makes it claims 15,000 rounds per barrel before having to change it out. To help illustrate this reliabilty, they loaded up an 850-round belt and fired it with a single pull of the trigger. One minute and 45 seconds later, the ammo ran out and the gun still funtioned fine!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

J_Anonymous
02-16-2006, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by blankenship:
I was being chased by a Zero and my little yellow friend....
I am just curious. Where do you live? I mean, in your society, is this ("little yellow friend") allowed?! Obviously you just sugar-coated typical racial slur of old days, "little yellow J**".

Treetop64
02-16-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by blankenship:
I was being chased by a Zero and my little yellow friend fired for one minute straight. Have you seen similar situation? What's up with that? Alos, I think it would be cool if when you riddle a plane, it drops one landing gear...kinda like it's spilling its guts. We've all seen that a bunch in gun camera footage.

Dood, there are Japanese players who participate in these forums. Please be considerate.

Anyways, the A6M series carried an insane amount of MG ammo. You could lay on the trigger, and there's enough in the magazines to keep it going for quite some time. The AI does have limited ammo, though. He'll eventually run out of ammo, and when he does, he (and his wingman) will immediately peel off and head home.