PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all 190 pilots

jessi1
04-12-2005, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the quick response and imformative info you all gave, its always good to here the advice from you all, and shows the 190 crew is on top of your knowledge. One more thing do you all use mk-108s or prefer mg 151. also could you guys give me your roll settings that you use, i prefer really low settings(5,8,10,25 etc etc) seems to help control more,i also use 500 convergence on mk 108s and mg 151s was wondering what you guys use and your view settings(wide or normal) to fly and to shoot. Thanks again to all who respond and who responded to my earlier thread. Is what leadspitter said correct the A8 is now more nimble to fly, i havent flown that one in a while so i was curious as to how it flys(like a pig or now like a A6??) See you all in warclouds. Have a good day.

jessi1
04-12-2005, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the quick response and imformative info you all gave, its always good to here the advice from you all, and shows the 190 crew is on top of your knowledge. One more thing do you all use mk-108s or prefer mg 151. also could you guys give me your roll settings that you use, i prefer really low settings(5,8,10,25 etc etc) seems to help control more,i also use 500 convergence on mk 108s and mg 151s was wondering what you guys use and your view settings(wide or normal) to fly and to shoot. Thanks again to all who respond and who responded to my earlier thread. Is what leadspitter said correct the A8 is now more nimble to fly, i havent flown that one in a while so i was curious as to how it flys(like a pig or now like a A6??) See you all in warclouds. Have a good day.

JG54_Arnie
04-12-2005, 07:41 AM
I never use 108's myself. I only would if I went bomberhunting, but there are never enough bombers to do that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

convergence for mg151: 220

The190Flyer
04-12-2005, 07:48 AM
Yeah I only use 108's if going for something big, other than that 151's work perfectly.......well not perfectly but they do a good job. If going for fighters, use 151's because 108's and 103's will slow you down with the extra weight, creates too much drag for me.
I think the A-8 is great, but I still like the A-5, that one's for me! About convergence on the cannons, I have cannons set at 200 and MG's at 400, that works for me, I had em set lower but I found 400 to be a good medium for me. Of course im not you so you'll have to see what suits you best. Happy Hunting! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

NorrisMcWhirter
04-12-2005, 02:17 PM
151/20s can do the business but only if you get in really close. And, against a P47, you're going to be shooting for a long time to do any real damage.

I would prefer to take 151/20s but with the inconsistency of the 20mms, it only makes sense to carry the 108s to make sure you get the job done....if for no other reason than someone else WILL invariably turns up with a 30mm and down what you were shooting at with a few hits.

Cheers
Norris

Hunde_3.JG51
04-12-2005, 05:03 PM
Glad to help jessi1, and best of luck.

Roll settings for me start at 4 and increase in increments of 11. As you said this helps to keep rolling less abrupt and more precise.

I use 500m convergence for 108's and 151/20's. I find that accuracy is better and you have a bigger "hitbox" (more bullet area/dispersion).

I use 108's because 151/20 is not effective as it should be IMO. It (the 108) is the best gun/cannon in the game.

I use all views while fighting. Wide view alot for searching, but I often switch to gunsight view when shooting until the aircraft starts to maneuver then I may switch to normal or wide. I have all three mapped on my joystick and switching them has become second nature.

I don't think the A-8 has become more nimble specifically, maybe all 190's became slightly more nimble but the A-8 didn't get any special treatment. The A-5 and A-6 still handle noticeably better but the A-8 is still superior IMO because it has better speed at critical points and better armament with 108's. The A-8 can outrun planes like the P-47D-27, P-51B/C, and La-5FN down low whereas the A-5/6 cannot. The A-8 is approx. 12km/h faster than the A-6 down low under equal conditions, and sometimes it proves quite useful.