PDA

View Full Version : A plea to all server hosts.

ElAurens
12-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Please update your servers to 4.09.

Why are you still playing 4.08 and 4.09b1m?

Isn't our small "community" fractured enough? Why not have everyone on the same base page again?
Why are you staying with obsolete versions of the game?

4.09 is the official current game version. It incorporates many great new features. Why deny the fact that it is better?

What's the deal here?

ElAurens
12-27-2009, 01:18 PM

Isn't our small "community" fractured enough? Why not have everyone on the same base page again?

4.09 is the official current game version. It incorporates many great new features. Why deny the fact that it is better?

What's the deal here?

Treetop64
12-27-2009, 01:45 PM
There are servers still running 4.08? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

ElAurens
12-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Yup.

Absolutely stupefying.

JG52Uther
12-27-2009, 02:33 PM
More than a little strange really.

megalopsuche
12-27-2009, 02:35 PM
The one I know of that still runs 4.08 uses the UI 1.2 and is waiting for there to be a single 4.09m mod before they switch.

Jure_502
12-27-2009, 02:39 PM
I don't get it either. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

skarden
12-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Yep,my 2 favorite servers,skies of valore and spits v 109's mods are running 4.08 and 4.09b1m respectively,seems a little silly considering how much content they're happy to miss out on http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
I've heard that SOV is hopefully switching to 4.09 and one of the mods packs (HSFX, or U.P.)in Jan some time but I've no idea about spits v 10's,they seem happy to run with the buggy U.I 1.2 for now which is seems a little crazy to me since either one of the new packs is soooooo much better in regards to content and with far better load times and performance.

blairgowrie
12-27-2009, 03:34 PM
I flew a moving dogfight map today for the first time on Ultra Pack 2 with Zuti 1.1 activated with my Danger Dogz squad. Holy Toledo batman but it was great fun! It was like one big long coop. I have no idea if the HL servers will be able to run this but it was a new, very enjoyable experience.

Billy_DeLyon
12-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Spits v 109s & Zeke v Wildcat will be going 4.09 starting right about now:

http://www.warbirdsofprey.org/...ile=viewtopic&t=6205 (http://www.warbirdsofprey.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6205)

Sv109s will be UP2.0 w/ Zuti
Zekes will be mods optional

VW-IceFire
12-27-2009, 06:34 PM
I know it's crazy... and worse is that those still running 4.08 don't always say so on their server information bits in HyperLobby. So you go in .... and.... nope... not 409.

Bearcat99
12-27-2009, 07:06 PM
It makes no sense to me either. The 4.09m dedicated server patch has been out for almost 3 months now.. You would have thought that all the servers would have been upgraded by now. In the old days it rarely took longer than a few weeks for servers to upgrade once a patch was released. IMO this even more so than the varied mod packs is fracturing the community. The sooner every server is running either 4.09m or 4.09mM the better off we will be as a community.

The_Stealth_Owl
12-27-2009, 07:20 PM
And please put a stop to those dreaded La-7's. They take the fun out of everything and are a waste of everyones time.

Ba5tard5word
12-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Getting humans to change anything and to get them all to have the same set-up is like herding cats.

AndyJWest
12-27-2009, 07:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ba5tard5word:
Getting humans to change anything and to get them all to have the same set-up is like herding cats. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Curiously enough, cats are remarkably good at getting us humans to do what they want.

Back on topic, I suspect there are two reasons why servers haven't been upgraded to 4.09m:

(a) The mods situation - everyone is waiting for a 'common standard' before they change anything.

(b) 'If it works, don't fix it' - setting up servers is hard work, apparently, and getting it right takes time.

I think if (a) is ever resolved, (b) will follow eventually, provided the next patch doesn't come out first. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

skarden
12-27-2009, 08:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Billy_DeLyon:

http://www.warbirdsofprey.org/...ile=viewtopic&t=6205 (http://www.warbirdsofprey.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6205)

Zekes will be mods optional </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is fantastic news,Spits v 109s mods just switched over as well,this is the stuff I've been waiting for,good times ahead for IL-2 on-liner's http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

skarden
12-27-2009, 08:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Stealth_Owl:
And please put a stop to those dreaded La-7's. They take the fun out of everything and are a waste of everyones time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to employ that squidgy thing between your ears a little more often owl,whatever age you are http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

megalopsuche
12-27-2009, 08:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyJWest:
Back on topic, I suspect there are two reasons why servers haven't been upgraded to 4.09m:

(a) The mods situation - everyone is waiting for a 'common standard' before they change anything.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the official story I've heard. Il-2 revolves around mods, not the other way around.

ElAurens
12-27-2009, 08:39 PM
With the current split between Ultarpack and HSFX users I doubt the community will come together and accept one mod pack for online use.

I'm really feeling quite hopeless about this.

AndyJWest
12-27-2009, 08:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by megalopsuche:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyJWest:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the official story I've heard. Il-2 revolves around mods, not the other way around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, which mods are we 'revolving around' though? Frankly it matters little to me where the centre of the IL-2 universe is, provided we can all agree about it. 'mods' are an abstraction, '4.09m' is, at least in theory a common standard. When there is a common standard mod to replace it, I'll consign it to the dustbin of history. Unfortunately, from what I've seen on AAA for example, there are as many people trying to change the 'standards' as there are trying to set them. Until the modders can agree that they need to draw a line in the sand occasionally, and stop adding 'improvements' that are as yet untested to a degree that they are worth having, this will never happen.

It's sad, really. The anarchist in me suggests that 'no rules' will ultimately produce the best solution, but I'd rather have the less-than-best now than the best in the indefinite future - I'll hopefully be flying SoW:BoB by then anyway.

jamesblonde1979
12-27-2009, 09:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ElAurens:

What's the deal here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1 gajillion, in fact you can date my sister.

skarden
12-27-2009, 09:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ElAurens:
With the current split between Ultarpack and HSFX users I doubt the community will come together and accept one mod pack for online use.

I'm really feeling quite hopeless about this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't feel too hopeless about it ElAurens,from what I've read from the various mod sites is that HSFX 4.1 and U.P. 2 are the last of the split mod packs,after this all will apparently be rolled into one HSFX or other nameless install.

I've read it a few times now so I'm being the optimist and am looking forward to it when it happens http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

AndyJWest
12-27-2009, 10:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...I'm being the optimist and am looking forward to it when it happens </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More than likely, it will happen. Then someone will come up with 'something better' and the whole cycle will repeat. The difficulty occurs because everyone wants to incorperate their pet mod now, rather than accepting that an out-of-date standard is better than none at all. If it was down to me, I'd say to the modders that you can do what you like, but only offer us a new mod pack once a year. If it is better than what we have now, we'll use it, but if it is full of bugs, we'll carry on with what we have now. Harsh, but likely to at least concentrate on reliability rather than innovation. Actually, that probably sums up what IL-2 is about now - it isn't state-of-the-art, but it does what it does rather well, and trying to upgrade it beyond it's intrinsic capabilities is likely to be more trouble than it is worth. 1C:Maddox, with access to the source code, seem to have reached the same conclusion some time ago. Computer software seems to have a natural lifespan, beyond which 'upgrades' and other alterations are a source of diminishing returns. I'm not suggesting the modders stop what they are doing, I'm just suggesting they look at the broader picture and ask whether every minor detail is more important than something that works reliably now.

Muddy17
12-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Mods= get used to no game

Billy_DeLyon
12-27-2009, 11:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skarden:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Billy_DeLyon:

This is fantastic news,Spits v 109s mods just switched over as well,this is the stuff I've been waiting for,good times ahead for IL-2 on-liner's http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops, I misspoke. It's Spits Vs 109s MOD server that is converting to 4.09, UP2.0 & Zuti tonight.

Spits vs 109s "classic" server was already converted to 4.09 some time ago, no mods.

Ba5tard5word
12-28-2009, 12:31 AM
UP 2.0 has Zuti and you can switch HSFX on and off. It's really great, lots more planes and maps than the old AAA mods and the landscapes look terrific.

skarden
12-28-2009, 01:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...I'm being the optimist and am looking forward to it when it happens </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More than likely, it will happen. Then someone will come up with 'something better' and the whole cycle will repeat. The difficulty occurs because everyone wants to incorperate their pet mod now, rather than accepting that an out-of-date standard is better than none at all. If it was down to me, I'd say to the modders that you can do what you like, but only offer us a new mod pack once a year. If it is better than what we have now, we'll use it, but if it is full of bugs, we'll carry on with what we have now. Harsh, but likely to at least concentrate on reliability rather than innovation. Actually, that probably sums up what IL-2 is about now - it isn't state-of-the-art, but it does what it does rather well, and trying to upgrade it beyond it's intrinsic capabilities is likely to be more trouble than it is worth. 1C:Maddox, with access to the source code, seem to have reached the same conclusion some time ago. Computer software seems to have a natural lifespan, beyond which 'upgrades' and other alterations are a source of diminishing returns. I'm not suggesting the modders stop what they are doing, I'm just suggesting they look at the broader picture and ask whether every minor detail is more important than something that works reliably now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see what your saying,but really in the end I think really it's up to the people running the servers and those in charge of the major mod packs(U.P.,HSFX,AAA,SAS) to make this happen.
And best of all most of those people agree about the unified mod pack idea and more importantly seem willing to try and make it happen.which is why I'm feeling optimistic about it all.
People will always want to use some of the other mods,hell I use a few in my offline install and have a blast with em,but again I think that most people see the benefit of at least an online unified standard.

As a side note,I just played a little on spits v 109s mods with U.P.2 and of course Zuti's MDF mod and I gotta say,even though there wasn't many people there due the the time,it was a blast! both sides had a radar site and the first thing both sides were trying to do was take the others radar so that they had the advantage of not being seen doing whatever sneaky bombing missions they wanted to get up to after,also I ran into some road conveys and trains scootin around the map moving troops around which of course I promptly dished out a far bit of hurt out to http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif great stuff! it just feels like a more alive world now,if you haven't tried it I very highly recommend having a play in there.

ElAurens
12-28-2009, 07:19 AM
But there is a wide gulf between UP and HSFX, that will in all likelyhood never be bridged.

So we end up with two major mod packs, bloated installs again, etc... etc... etc...

And this discussion has devolved into a mods vs. stock discussion, which was not my intent.

Storm of War will not come soon enough.

Be sure.

megalopsuche
12-28-2009, 07:44 AM
And this discussion has devolved into a mods vs. stock discussion, which was not my intent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The road to hell... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I wouldn't call it a thread hijack, because if mods are indeed the answer to your OP (why haven't they switched to 4.09?), then people are merely exploring the implications.

AWL_Spinner
12-28-2009, 12:22 PM
I have no desire to use any mods, plenty enough for me in the stock 4.09m and, it seems, enough servers out there in Hyperlobby to get a game.

4.09m is the only common 'standard' there is, so I hope that situation continues.

Didn't see many/any 4.08s last night on a quick scan so maybe things are looking up.

Urufu_Shinjiro
12-28-2009, 02:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by megalopsuche:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the official story I've heard. Il-2 revolves around mods, not the other way around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing is there already IS a standard mod pack. People are complaining that there is HSFX 4.1 and UP2.0, but it's a non issue! UP 2.0 is almost completely HSFX 4.1, with a few extra things that you don't have to turn on, so all servers should switch over to 4.09m stock or HSFX 4.1/UP2 and we're DONE! We do have a unified mod pack, it IS HSFX 4.1/UP2 and any server admin sitting around sticking with UI 1.2 waiting is waiting for nothing, it's here, lets get on with it!

/rant

blairgowrie
12-28-2009, 03:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Urufu_Shinjiro:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing is there already IS a standard mod pack. People are complaining that there is HSFX 4.1 and UP2.0, but it's a non issue! UP 2.0 is almost completely HSFX 4.1, with a few extra things that you don't have to turn on, so all servers should switch over to 4.09m stock or HSFX 4.1/UP2 and we're DONE! We do have a unified mod pack, it IS HSFX 4.1/UP2 and any server admin sitting around sticking with UI 1.2 waiting is waiting for nothing, it's here, lets get on with it!

/rant </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen!

megalopsuche
12-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Using a / in conjunction with "unified" is an oxymoron.

Urufu_Shinjiro
12-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Using a / in conjunction with "unified" is an oxymoron. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While technically true, at this point it is splitting hairs. The HSFX 4.1 and the UP 2.0 are interchangeable, it may not be one unified pack under one name on paper, but it's close enough for rock and roll. No point in there being this split on hyperlobby with 4.08 and 4.09b, there is not enough of a technical difference between HSFX and UP at this point for anyone to be holding back for something better, if everyone on hyperlobby would go 4.09m stock or HSFX/UP, then we could all fly without being as divided, then we'd all be in position for the "One Pack to Rule Them All" release, which is some time away since HSFX/UP is the effective current release. The whole time people are waiting for this next release we could be doing one of two things, either suffering through the current 4.08/09b mess, or we could be running HSFX/UP and getting on with it already. It's baffling really, why would anyone want to keep running their server with 4.08/09b and UI 1.2?! FFS people, why?! In case no one has noticed, Unified installer 1.3 IS out, it's called HSFX 4.1, go upgrade your severs people! The whole reason for this current mess is that a lot of people loyal to AAA for whatever reason stuck with older patches cause they wanted to run the current AAA pack, then when the next AAA pack (in the form of HSFX 4.1) comes out they STILL don't change?! Holy Hairy Zeus on a traffic light! I don't get it!

/rant pt.2

Ba5tard5word
12-28-2009, 04:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The whole time people are waiting for this next release we could be doing one of two things, either suffering through the current 4.08/09b mess, or we could be running HSFX/UP and getting on with it already. It's baffling really, why would anyone want to keep running their server with 4.08/09b and UI 1.2?! FFS people, why?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno, I think it is just inertia. All they have to do is sit down and install the patch or the mods and that's it, but that does take some minimal effort and then you'd get a lot of people who are still on 4.08m or whatever who would complain. Also there's probably confusion about what to do.

Really though from having UP 2.0 for a few days, I HIGHLY recommend it. It adds a heck of a lot more stuff to the game compared to the 4.09m patch, and the graphics and landscape and effects are totally redone so it feels like a newer game. It really leaves the AAA mods in the dust. Hopefully it is easy to use on dogfight servers...I might try and get up early on Saturday and check out the Ubizoo co-ops since they are now on UP 2.0, and the MDF thing or whatever could be fun.

blairgowrie
12-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Nope Ba5tard5word. UBI Zoo Coops is still on 4.09m for the foreseeable future.

Ba5tard5word
12-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Dagnabit, I must have mixed you up with Skarden or something, sorry.

ElAurens
12-28-2009, 06:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Urufu_Shinjiro:
The HSFX 4.1 and the UP 2.0 are interchangeable, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummm, no, they are not.

Take a careful look at the FMs of a certain Allied aircraft in UP vs. HSFX.

Agendas abound.

And this is a problem, the problem actually. And why they will never be compatible in a real sense.

Falcke
12-28-2009, 06:51 PM

Ummm, no, they are not.

Agendas abound.

And this is a problem, the problem actually. And why they will never be compatible in a real sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think all the planes with new FMs have gotten their own slots, so that shouldn't be an issue.

skarden
12-28-2009, 08:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Falcke:

Ummm, no, they are not.

Agendas abound.

And this is a problem, the problem actually. And why they will never be compatible in a real sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think all the planes with new FMs have gotten their own slots, so that shouldn't be an issue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep this is still true,new planes FM's are only in new slots in U.P. 2
And there is an option in JSGME to switch U.P. 2 to HSFX 4.1 files only,making it truely interchangeable with HSFX only servers.

You can't really go wrong with U.P. 2 imho.

@ Ba5tard5word yeah I think you have us mixed up there,But on the up side I'm talking about the spits v 109s mods server which is always open and there to be enjoyed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

p.s. Zekes vs Wildcats has also switched over so you've got some options http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Ba5tard5word
12-28-2009, 09:59 PM
I will check them out, I'm interested in seeing how the compatibility works out or if there are snags.

Ba5tard5word
12-29-2009, 12:41 AM
managed to get into a couple games without any compatibility issues, too bad I still STINK at online battling...grr.

Vexicles
12-29-2009, 12:44 AM
Mods are the best thing to happen in il2, besides the 1946 official product.

Having them switchable between UP & HSFX is great. especially for multiplayer.

Frankthetank36
12-29-2009, 11:01 PM

What is the deal here, tried using Zekes/Wildcats with plain 4.09 and it wouldn't let me join.

megalopsuche
12-29-2009, 11:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankthetank36:

What is the deal here, tried using Zekes/Wildcats with plain 4.09 and it wouldn't let me join. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like they're using UP2.

paddyjed
12-30-2009, 06:21 AM
The SYNDICATE server has been waiting to see which mod pack the community has decided upon. It appears that UP 2.0 offers all the options under one umbrella so that is why SYN_4.09 is going on a mod "trial".

We have some great maps (more every few days),we have "full real" settings, We allow base attacks and are unlikely to kick you for saying the odd bad word :P

add SYN_4.09mods to you HL favourites!!!

Bearcat99
12-30-2009, 12:46 PM

Ummm, no, they are not.

Agendas abound.

While I do believe that it will be compatible eventually .. I must say I agree with what you said about not only some of the FMs but DMs as well.. All I know is I get engine damage more in line with the stock sim in 4.1.. What that means is anyone's guess...

Ba5tard5word
12-30-2009, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What is the deal here, tried using Zekes/Wildcats with plain 4.09 and it wouldn't let me join. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said, in Hyperlobby click on the name of the server in the table list on the left of HL, and you should get a page describing the server, listing the people currently in the game, and the difficulty settings. It SHOULD say what version of the game it has and if it is modded or not and what mods it has. Look for one that says "4.09m no mods" or something like that.

Billy_DeLyon
12-30-2009, 02:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankthetank36:

What is the deal here, tried using Zekes/Wildcats with plain 4.09 and it wouldn't let me join. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like they're using UP2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. From their forums (quote):

"As of 23:00 hrs EST Sunday 12/27/2009

Spits Mods is now using 4.09m with UltraPack 2.0

Mods Required: 01_Zuti_DSMod_v1_1_UP

Mods Recommended:
01_TougherBridges
01_TougherTrains

Zekes will be switched over by Midnight and will be 4.09m with UltraPack 2.0 Mods Required! (Due to technical limitations we are unable to go Mods Optional with Zekes)

Zekes will require the use of the same mods as the Spits Mods Server"

Frankthetank36
01-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Well, installed UP 2.0 and still couldn't join, got a message saying something about something 1.1. What am I doing wrong now?

SeaFireLIV
01-01-2010, 08:41 PM

What's the deal here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

4.09 took so long to come out that everyone just settled on 4.08 and forgot the days when IL2 Patches came out regularly? There are people playing the Sim that have never even seen a patch from oleg before 4.09 official.

Feathered_IV
01-01-2010, 09:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Spits Mods is now using 4.09m with UltraPack 2.0

Mods Required: 01_Zuti_DSMod_v1_1_UP

Mods Recommended:
01_TougherBridges
01_TougherTrains </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there any way to download these without going the whole UP? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Ba5tard5word
01-01-2010, 09:59 PM
I think those were separate mods before being put in UP but I dunno, maybe google for them.

I'd really recommend UP 2.0 unless you have a really old computer or dialup and don't want to spend a week torrenting it, for one thing you can run stock 4.09m with those tougher train/bridge mods on with the UP switcher.

megalopsuche
01-01-2010, 10:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ba5tard5word:
I think those were separate mods before being put in UP but I dunno, maybe google for them.

I'd really recommend UP 2.0 unless you have a really old computer or dialup and don't want to spend a week torrenting it, for one thing you can run stock 4.09m with those tougher train/bridge mods on with the UP switcher. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But you can't push 75" hg with UP.

Woke_Up_Dead
01-02-2010, 11:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What is the deal here, tried using Zekes/Wildcats with plain 4.09 and it wouldn't let me join. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said, in Hyperlobby click on the name of the server in the table list on the left of HL, and you should get a page describing the server, listing the people currently in the game, and the difficulty settings. It SHOULD say what version of the game it has and if it is modded or not and what mods it has. Look for one that says "4.09m no mods" or something like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The version info is unfortunately not always given on Hyperlobby. It is on X-Fire though, plus there are some servers on X-Fire that I can never find on Hyperlobby.