PDA

View Full Version : i cannot hear behind my wingline

antonis2010
07-17-2011, 10:34 AM
Hi all, does somebody know why i cannot hear behind my wingline?

I use a pci C-Media (sweex 4.1) card and 2 speakers for front sound and Headphones for back sound together. I hear from my headphones but not the enemy plane at my six. My sound in game is to "quadraphonic".
My card is this: www.saverstore.com/pro...d-Card-PCI (http://www.saverstore.com/pro...d-Card-PCI)

I also hear all the server sounds from miles away, this is annoying. So i have set my Attenuation to 5. I also have notice that i have to turn my nose to a spicific area to hear the sounds. I have try with headphones only without succes.

My config is:

[sound]
SoundUse=1
SoundEngine=1
Speakers=3
Placement=0
SoundFlags.reversestereo=0
RadioFlags.Enabled=1
RadioEngine=2
MusicVolume=0
ObjectVolume=14
MusState.takeoff=1
MusState.inflight=1
MusState.crash=1
MusFlags.play=1
MasterVolume=5
Attenuation=5
SoundMode=2
SamplingRate=1
NumChannels=2
SoundExt.occlusions=0
SoundFlags.hardware=1
SoundFlags.streams=1
SoundFlags.duplex=1
SoundExt.acoustics=1
SoundExt.volumefx=0
SoundFlags.voicemgr=0
SoundFlags.static=1
VoiceVolume=12
Channels=2
SoundExt.extrender=0
SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
SoundSetupId=8
ActivationLevel=0.02
Preemphasis=0.85
RadioLatency=0.5
AGC=1
PTTMode=1
SoundFlags.UseRadioChatter=0
SoundFlags.AutoActivation=0
RadioFlags.PTTMode=0
RadioFlags.PlayClicks=0
ActLevel=0
MicLevel=0
SoundFlags.forceEAX1=0

antonis2010
07-17-2011, 10:34 AM
Hi all, does somebody know why i cannot hear behind my wingline?

I use a pci C-Media (sweex 4.1) card and 2 speakers for front sound and Headphones for back sound together. I hear from my headphones but not the enemy plane at my six. My sound in game is to "quadraphonic".
My card is this: www.saverstore.com/pro...d-Card-PCI (http://www.saverstore.com/pro...d-Card-PCI)

I also hear all the server sounds from miles away, this is annoying. So i have set my Attenuation to 5. I also have notice that i have to turn my nose to a spicific area to hear the sounds. I have try with headphones only without succes.

My config is:

[sound]
SoundUse=1
SoundEngine=1
Speakers=3
Placement=0
SoundFlags.reversestereo=0
RadioFlags.Enabled=1
RadioEngine=2
MusicVolume=0
ObjectVolume=14
MusState.takeoff=1
MusState.inflight=1
MusState.crash=1
MusFlags.play=1
MasterVolume=5
Attenuation=5
SoundMode=2
SamplingRate=1
NumChannels=2
SoundExt.occlusions=0
SoundFlags.hardware=1
SoundFlags.streams=1
SoundFlags.duplex=1
SoundExt.acoustics=1
SoundExt.volumefx=0
SoundFlags.voicemgr=0
SoundFlags.static=1
VoiceVolume=12
Channels=2
SoundExt.extrender=0
SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
SoundSetupId=8
ActivationLevel=0.02
Preemphasis=0.85
RadioLatency=0.5
AGC=1
PTTMode=1
SoundFlags.UseRadioChatter=0
SoundFlags.AutoActivation=0
RadioFlags.PTTMode=0
RadioFlags.PlayClicks=0
ActLevel=0
MicLevel=0
SoundFlags.forceEAX1=0

FoolTrottel
07-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Not sure what is causing this, but you should check whether the Windows setting for the speakers used is correctly set to 4.1 (Is that even an option?)

You may want to try the in game 'surround' setting, or fiddle with the windows and in game setting to try and get a good result.

Looks like your setup is very special, in that IL2 does not support it... 4.1 is not really quadraphonic, is it?

Whether or not you should be able to hear an enemy aircraft on your six is debatable.
Your own engine in front of you would probably make a lot more noise than the enemy's, when at your six.

You could try and check whether and how your engine volume is in a P39 or P63, the model with the engine behind the pilot. If you can hear that engine roar behind you, you can be sure you've setup your sound correctly...(Though you should make sure that aircraft with the engine in front of the pilot do still sound like they should as well...)

Good Luck!

antonis2010
07-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Is there any way to lower my engine volume?

FoolTrottel
07-18-2011, 12:56 PM
No, not by itself.

antonis2010
07-19-2011, 10:58 AM
So try the P39, i hear behind when i turn my head the engine, but not the enemy plane

FoolTrottel
07-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Why would you want to listen to enemy aircraft on your six?

Use mirrors, weave, get a wingman ...

antonis2010
07-19-2011, 01:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FoolTrottel:

Use mirrors, weave, get a wingman ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
German planes have not mirrors,and i fly always alone

FoolTrottel
07-19-2011, 03:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by antonis2010:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FoolTrottel:

Use mirrors, weave, get a wingman ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
German planes have not mirrors,and i fly always alone </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Switch off yer own engine? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry for being silly, but I would not know how to fix this for you... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

antonis2010
07-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Maybe is not a good idea to continue to play Il2 with all these new patches, anyway most of the people has switched to other sims...
(patch and pach again and learn new planes and new characteristics of existent planes etc... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

jeffmorgan_947
07-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Better than IL-2 1946 fully patched "I Dont Think So " you my have some small sound problem, but that does not detract from the fact that Sturmovik IL-2 1946 is by far the best combat flight sim you could hope to fly today.And until Cliffs of Dover has been sorted, it will remain so

You only have to look and read at the input in these IL-2 forums from people from around the world that this combat flight sim is so superior to all the rest. get real.

antonis2010
07-20-2011, 05:56 PM
I make a test. I fly offline against 4 Ai and i found that my sound is good enough. But online again i cannot hear back. UP3RC3 has change something to the sound? It depends to the server as clouds do?

WTE_Galway
07-20-2011, 06:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by antonis2010:
I make a test. I fly offline against 4 Ai and i found that my sound is good enough. But online again i cannot hear back. UP3RC3 has change something to the sound? It depends to the server as clouds do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oooohh .... by patches you actually meant unofficial sound mods

that bit of information may have been useful to mention

FoolTrottel
07-20-2011, 11:47 PM
I make a test. I fly offline against 4 Ai and i found that my sound is good enough. But online again i cannot hear back. UP3RC3 has change something to the sound? It depends to the server as clouds do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>What Galway said. You should've mentioned that earlier.
(Then again, I know I should've asked... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif )

Makes all the difference, over here anyways.

Asking for support on modded installations is against the rules over here.

Go and ask where you got those mods from.

antonis2010
07-21-2011, 06:33 AM
I din't ?now that. But i try the same using my clear installation of 4.101m and i have the same results!

FoolTrottel
07-21-2011, 08:57 AM
I din't ?now that. But i try the same using my clear installation of 4.101m and i have the same results! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The cause is probably your rather special 4.1 setup I guess...