PDA

View Full Version : Improved Notoriety

gsosolidk
05-15-2011, 12:55 PM
I was playing AC:B, and suddenly became fully notorious. It took me literally 10 seconds to become completely incognito again.
There was an "eye witness" near by, and he was walking past a poster. Easy as that.

Now here's what I think should be done:
Eye witness shouldn't be so easy to kill. They do after all reduce notoriety by 75%!
I think a short mission should be done, a quiet simple mission too. You talk to a fellow assassin who will tell you how he heard of someone talk of you, you plan to kill him. The green marker will come on your radar, but as is done with many missions, the green marker goes as you get closer and you must find your target in a certain area using Eagle vision.
Now the pros for this are:
People will most of the time have some sort of notoriety level, and won't always be incognito as people won't go and do this mission every time they get a slight percentage of notoriety. This will make it more realistic.
People who plan on doing a mission soon will feel that sense of planning we had in AC1. They would do this assassination before a mission in hope of being able to use stealth more efficiently! Those who don't will suffer the consequences, as guards will notice them more easily and therefore increase difficulty for the mission.

Here's something else that should be done:
Posters should NOT account for 25 of my notoriety! I rip off one poster at a level of 25% and become incognito again, DESPITE THE FACT I SEE 20 MORE POSTERS IN THE AREA ON MY RADAR! What difference does that ONE poster make?!
Posters should account for something like 2%. Or ANOTHER mission;
This time it's like a race. You talk to an assassin who tells you to rip off 10 posters within 1 minute. If you don't do it, guards will notice and stop you, therefore INCREASING your notoriety and a big chase. If you do it, THEN 25% deduction!

Thirdly;
If you are fully notorious, and a group of guards spot you, one guard from the group(preferably those really fast ones) run off to call Brutes/Papal guards. You are the most-wanted man in Constantinople after all! So as you fight off this small group of guards, the guard returns with a bunch of brutes/papal guards. To prevent this happening, you can chase the snitch and kill him, preventing him from doing so, but he is faster than you, and chasing him will alert more of the guards you run past. Also, the guards chasing you may just get a cheap shot on you (and will also have crossbows/pisotls).

And finally, if you are fully notorious, whilst you walk through the city, random people (or one random person) who recognize you drop whatever they're holding, scream and run, this causes a reaction as everyone has now noticed you. You cause havoc, as people run in multiple directions at the site of a serial killer. Some go and alert the guards, and others return home. The streets are more quiet now, and less people are around (after everyone runs home). You are now more easily noticeable!

Oh and, towards the end of the game, when literally everyone is after you, the city goes completely quiet at night, as everyone has received a curfew. Hiding places are now a necessity and guards are on full alert at all times.

gsosolidk
05-15-2011, 12:55 PM
I was playing AC:B, and suddenly became fully notorious. It took me literally 10 seconds to become completely incognito again.
There was an "eye witness" near by, and he was walking past a poster. Easy as that.

Now here's what I think should be done:
Eye witness shouldn't be so easy to kill. They do after all reduce notoriety by 75%!
I think a short mission should be done, a quiet simple mission too. You talk to a fellow assassin who will tell you how he heard of someone talk of you, you plan to kill him. The green marker will come on your radar, but as is done with many missions, the green marker goes as you get closer and you must find your target in a certain area using Eagle vision.
Now the pros for this are:
People will most of the time have some sort of notoriety level, and won't always be incognito as people won't go and do this mission every time they get a slight percentage of notoriety. This will make it more realistic.
People who plan on doing a mission soon will feel that sense of planning we had in AC1. They would do this assassination before a mission in hope of being able to use stealth more efficiently! Those who don't will suffer the consequences, as guards will notice them more easily and therefore increase difficulty for the mission.

Here's something else that should be done:
Posters should NOT account for 25 of my notoriety! I rip off one poster at a level of 25% and become incognito again, DESPITE THE FACT I SEE 20 MORE POSTERS IN THE AREA ON MY RADAR! What difference does that ONE poster make?!
Posters should account for something like 2%. Or ANOTHER mission;
This time it's like a race. You talk to an assassin who tells you to rip off 10 posters within 1 minute. If you don't do it, guards will notice and stop you, therefore INCREASING your notoriety and a big chase. If you do it, THEN 25% deduction!

Thirdly;
If you are fully notorious, and a group of guards spot you, one guard from the group(preferably those really fast ones) run off to call Brutes/Papal guards. You are the most-wanted man in Constantinople after all! So as you fight off this small group of guards, the guard returns with a bunch of brutes/papal guards. To prevent this happening, you can chase the snitch and kill him, preventing him from doing so, but he is faster than you, and chasing him will alert more of the guards you run past. Also, the guards chasing you may just get a cheap shot on you (and will also have crossbows/pisotls).

And finally, if you are fully notorious, whilst you walk through the city, random people (or one random person) who recognize you drop whatever they're holding, scream and run, this causes a reaction as everyone has now noticed you. You cause havoc, as people run in multiple directions at the site of a serial killer. Some go and alert the guards, and others return home. The streets are more quiet now, and less people are around (after everyone runs home). You are now more easily noticeable!

Oh and, towards the end of the game, when literally everyone is after you, the city goes completely quiet at night, as everyone has received a curfew. Hiding places are now a necessity and guards are on full alert at all times.