PDA

View Full Version : Bloodlines... recalled?!

Kreed.aus
01-05-2010, 02:06 AM
For Christmas, I got up to $120 worth of vouchers to spend. Seeing that AC Bloodlines was in stock on one of Australia's big store sites (Big W) I was thanking my lucky stars.

Until I got to the store, inquired, and had been told that all the copies were recalled. WTF?! Anybody have any idea why? Cause the guy that ran the games department doesn't.

Going to EB Games instead, I got told that they only ever had one copy... and it was preowned. Now... why would a virtually brand new game be already on the market preowned?

As a loyal and dedicated fan of the Assassin's Triology, there are two things I'd like to know...
1) Why has the game been recalled and has anybody else had the same problem?
2) Is AC Bloodlines really worth getting? I'm not too picky with games, I can play the Sims 2 on the psp and still find it enjoyable, but I really need peoples personal opinions...

Thanks!

Kreed.aus
01-05-2010, 02:06 AM
For Christmas, I got up to $120 worth of vouchers to spend. Seeing that AC Bloodlines was in stock on one of Australia's big store sites (Big W) I was thanking my lucky stars.

Until I got to the store, inquired, and had been told that all the copies were recalled. WTF?! Anybody have any idea why? Cause the guy that ran the games department doesn't.

Going to EB Games instead, I got told that they only ever had one copy... and it was preowned. Now... why would a virtually brand new game be already on the market preowned?

As a loyal and dedicated fan of the Assassin's Triology, there are two things I'd like to know...
2) Is AC Bloodlines really worth getting? I'm not too picky with games, I can play the Sims 2 on the psp and still find it enjoyable, but I really need peoples personal opinions...

Thanks!

OzDavis
01-05-2010, 02:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kreed.aus:
why would a virtually brand new game be already on the market preowned? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Maybe the person who bought it didn't like it... or completed it and then traded it in because they felt it had little replay value or because it was the only way they could afford a new game... or because their PSP blew up and they couldn't afford a new one so traded in all their games... who knows? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

KakashiAssassin
01-05-2010, 02:38 AM
Ive seen heaps in stock at my local EB, also in JB HiFi, and thats was today I saw them

Kreed.aus
01-05-2010, 05:16 AM
@ Davis: XDD Possible. But I was wondering if it's really worth the money...

@ Kakashi: WOW. Thats very strange. 0.0 Hmm. Maybe I'll wait a bit for the price to go down... my bank's pretty much empty until next payday now that I've gone and bought Avatar for the ps3 as compensation. :P

agentofwraith
01-05-2010, 03:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kreed.aus:

Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm in the US and haven't read anything on a recall. As for replay ability, it's well worth it. Plus, without spoiling you get great content to trade when you sync your psp with the ps3.

TreFacTor
01-05-2010, 03:07 PM
this game like last years game has no replay value that is why you see so many used copies available.

Kreed.aus
01-05-2010, 09:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TreFacTor:
this game like last years game has no replay value that is why you see so many used copies available. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

;_; I quite liked the replaying ability of AC... AC2 is less replayable for me due to he fact that you can't reaccess main memories.