PDA

View Full Version : Jesper Kyd's Fantastic Music

crash3
04-09-2011, 11:40 AM
I think some of Jesper Kyd's music was so great that it would be brilliant to carry some of his better songs through the series

if you dont know the following tunes just search them on youtube

GunnarGunderson
04-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Kyd is great, He also did The Hitman series

AntiChrist7
04-09-2011, 12:27 PM
I don't want to hear any of his old songs in new AC, i want him to make more cool music :P

Desmond Miles and VR room are my favourite from ACB. Also apple chamber, but that isn't on the sound track disc

crash3
04-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
I don't want to hear any of his old songs in new AC, i want him to make more cool music :P

Desmond Miles and VR room are my favourite from ACB. Also apple chamber, but that isn't on the sound track disc

yes Kyd should compose more great music but wouldnt it be good to link the games together by using some previously used pieces of music-for example i think the tune "ezio's family" or "earth" should be the main piece that is used in the openings of the games then say for a stealthy mission use the "night mission in Venice" piece

phil.llllll
04-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Echoes of the Roman Ruins took me by surprise in ACB. Short but one of the best tracks yet.

Still I voted for the AC1 chase theme as that could be adapted to any time period, easily fitting into some cool chase sequence. That and the song just screams Assassin's Creed to me and even though I had no reason to expect it to be there, I missed it in AC2.

daniway91
04-09-2011, 02:55 PM
<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">This is hard but I'm gonna go with City of Rome. I just love it so much, and more than a city, it makes me think of Ezio's character. I dunno. I just know that I love it.</span>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

crash3
04-09-2011, 03:13 PM
i personally couldnt chose one particular song out of the choices i gave but i voted for the venice sanctuary song due to its genius piano chords which are so relaxing to listen to-it really represented venice as a city and reminded me of ezio's human side-a nice contrast from the constant rampaging and killing we see with ezio

but think it's also a diverse song, it could represent many cities and many people which is why i think it should be played in future AC games

Ureh
04-09-2011, 05:44 PM
The ones in your list are great and also some of the most popular ones.

Some of my favorites that aren't in your list are "City of Jerusalem" from first game and "Roman Countryside" from acb. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

gamertam
04-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Most stands out soundtracks in my opinion are Earth, Ezio's Family and the Venice Rooftop. I also agreed Massive Attack "Teardrop" was great as well--but without the lyrics.

bitebug2003
04-09-2011, 07:43 PM
My favorites aren't on your list http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

AC:B Borgia - The Rules of Rome
and
AC:B Countdown

Would like to see them return (although the Borgia story is finished).

I chose City of Rome.

wiccanlovely
04-09-2011, 08:08 PM
My favorite by far is Ezio's Family (listening to it right now actually). It just feels so emotional to me and very beautiful.

phil.llllll
04-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Speaking of the music in general, the AC series as a whole has easily some of the best music I've ever heard and really I can't wait to see what Jesper Kyd does fresh for the sequel - while I loved AC1's soundtrack I was completely blown away that he surpassed it in a lot of ways for the second. But hey I wouldn't mind a few remixes as well.

Originally posted by wiccanlovely:
It just feels so emotional to me and very beautiful.

It definitely is for sure however it's so specific to Ezio and those two games that I can't see them carrying it into a new period or AC3 (which ever comes first). Actually a lot of the ones he put in the list are like that.

RzaRecta357
04-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Chase theme!!

ace3001
04-10-2011, 12:22 AM
My favourite is City of Rome. But not sure whether I want it to return. It simply doesn't fit anywhere other than renaissance Italy.

notafanboy
04-10-2011, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by wiccanlovely:
My favorite by far is Ezio's Family (listening to it right now actually). It just feels so emotional to me and very beautiful.
i think Ezio´s family is the best soundtrack in any AC game , but i dont know if i want it to return because thats kinda like "Ezio´s theme song"

bveUSbve
04-10-2011, 05:10 AM
I agree that Jesper Kyd's Soundtrack both for AC2 and Brotherhood are fantastically atmospheric and contribute MUCH to my enjoyment of those games.

And I agree to those who already said that many themes listed above are connected closely to Ezio and/or certain locations. So it's not "logical" to include them when none of those references are present.

One piece I just found which sounds somewhat "neutral" (and isn't listed yet..): AC2 - 'Home of the Brotherhood' (also on youtube).

Of couse it will be very nice if some particular pieces make a re-appearance in AC3, if in adequate context.

----

Something music-related: While 90% of AC2/Brotherhood-sountracks are at least "good" (and many "great" -- all in my opinion of course), I would have liked if sometimes there had been NO music at all. Just for a change...
For example the track "Roman Countryside" could become a little too much of a good thing after a while - with the female voice a bit tremolo-heavy for my taste...

crash3
04-10-2011, 08:11 AM
i could imagine some great piano sounding pieces used to represent paris-giving a sophistaicated feel to the setting-which is why i think the "sanctuary" track should be played again

rome was well represented by the cello sounds in the city of rome track

hva_899
04-10-2011, 09:34 AM
I'd like to see the "Chase Theme" make a comeback at somepoint. To me it just felt like the song of AC.

nightfurie13
04-10-2011, 10:30 AM
my favorite is city of rome. it sounds glorious, makes you feel like you have achieved something really awesome. i even have it on my ipod to listen to.

crash3
04-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by nightfurie13:
my favorite is city of rome. it sounds glorious, makes you feel like you have achieved something really awesome. i even have it on my ipod to listen to.

nice.

city of rome was probably on of the best pieces yet but it was just the same song playing over again whereas in venice there were about 5 different songs that played one after the other so you always get a different mood whilst in venice which added to the atmospheric variety of the game

nightfurie13
04-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by crash3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nightfurie13:

nice.

city of rome was probably on of the best pieces yet but it was just the same song playing over again whereas in venice there were about 5 different songs that played one after the other so you always get a different mood whilst in venice which added to the atmospheric variety of the game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i agree. they could've made atleast 2 different tracks for rome.

i noticed that at the beginning of the game, a lot of people were crying and miserable and as you develop the place, they started becoming 'chipper'. lol. it makes the song sound fantastic because you see the changes.

Xanatos2007
04-12-2011, 06:38 PM
I don't get why everyone's voting 'Ezio's Family' and 'City of Rome', those two tracks don't exactly scream "Assassin!" to me.

crash3
04-13-2011, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I don't get why everyone's voting 'Ezio's Family' and 'City of Rome', those two tracks don't exactly scream "Assassin!" to me.

those particular pieces are meant to represent the story and the cities which gave depth to the whole experience plus they are fantastic pieces of ambient music which i think adds to the stealthy feel of assassins you dont want some loud gory sounding music as that make the assassins look more like ironclad warriors!

Xanatos2007
04-13-2011, 09:38 AM
'Home of the Brotherhood', the theme from Masyaf, 'Acre Underworld' or one of the 'Approaching Target' tracks have a more clandestine "Assassin" feel to them without being too overt.

crash3
04-13-2011, 05:40 PM
acre underworld is fantastic i have to say for stealth etc. i should have included that one in my poll

persiateddy95
04-14-2011, 10:15 AM
Everytime you don't vote for Venice's Rooftops someone dies!

crash3
04-15-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by persiateddy95:

oh no! wat a shame i cant vote twice!

Xanatos2007
04-16-2011, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by persiateddy95:
I'm trying to kill a few people that way via process of elimination.