PDA

View Full Version : Original Il 2 Sturmovik

RAC_Pips
08-22-2005, 02:16 AM
For some odd reason I got the urge to go back and fly the original IL 2. Perhaps as much as anything to see what differences have taken place from this great sim since it came out in 2000.

So I re-installed IL-2, and flew it for a bit, both singlt missions and campaign.It is still loads of fun to play. Not better or worse than the current FB/PF game, after all they are really totally separate games. IL-2 original was, and still is, a great game.

After flying in version 1.0 mode I decided to add the 1.1a patch for the extra planes etc.

Bummer. Result was that after loading the 1.1 patch I couldn't get Direct X in viddeo mode, only Open GL. Thats really weird, can't remember that happening last time.

Anyone got any ideas what is the problem?

RAC_Pips
08-22-2005, 02:16 AM
For some odd reason I got the urge to go back and fly the original IL 2. Perhaps as much as anything to see what differences have taken place from this great sim since it came out in 2000.

So I re-installed IL-2, and flew it for a bit, both singlt missions and campaign.It is still loads of fun to play. Not better or worse than the current FB/PF game, after all they are really totally separate games. IL-2 original was, and still is, a great game.

After flying in version 1.0 mode I decided to add the 1.1a patch for the extra planes etc.

Bummer. Result was that after loading the 1.1 patch I couldn't get Direct X in viddeo mode, only Open GL. Thats really weird, can't remember that happening last time.

Anyone got any ideas what is the problem?

ClnlSandersLite
08-22-2005, 02:25 AM
I would guess a video driver issue. Probably better ask on the community help forum though.

RAC_Pips
08-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Thanks, I'll try there.

Enforcer572005
08-22-2005, 03:25 PM
yeah, I liked the fact that it had actual cmpns also, not the generated ones that put B-25Js in 1942 flying out of empty airbases etc.

I got all the patches as well, and was rewriting the origianal VVS fighter cmpn for it, when I got an improved 'puter and could fly FB,PF. I started over and have findished the first 3 mini-cmpns of the original one, and Its a blast....at least for me, flying those misns with all the new stuff weve since gotten.

hopefully ill be able to finnish testing it in a week or so and post it. It was alot more fun flying the early smolensk misns in I-16s than Laggs.