PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard for XBox360

Rogue Agent 035
03-23-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm considering on moving over to the XBOX 360 from PC gaming cause due to the "Somewhat" outragious specs for AC2 and ACB an the fact that my PC's some 6 yrs old an a bit outta date. Anyway..., I was curious if there was a keyboard accessory for the XBOX that can serve the same purpose as the keyboard for the PC version. I've read that you could use a USB type keyboard with the XBOX, an if so is this true? I ask because I'm disabled with only the use of my left hand/arm an feel the wireless controller may or may not work quite well. Any advice/suggestions are quite welecome.

Thanks in advance...

JDumas

Rogue Agent 035
03-23-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm considering on moving over to the XBOX 360 from PC gaming cause due to the "Somewhat" outragious specs for AC2 and ACB an the fact that my PC's some 6 yrs old an a bit outta date. Anyway..., I was curious if there was a keyboard accessory for the XBOX that can serve the same purpose as the keyboard for the PC version. I've read that you could use a USB type keyboard with the XBOX, an if so is this true? I ask because I'm disabled with only the use of my left hand/arm an feel the wireless controller may or may not work quite well. Any advice/suggestions are quite welecome.

Thanks in advance...

JDumas

YeOldeSierra
03-23-2011, 04:23 PM
You can plug a USB Keyboard into the Xbox 360 console, that much is true. However, you can only use it to manipulate the Xbox Guide (which is something along the same line as the Steam client in-game).

If you want to play on an Xbox 360 controller you could try buying an XFPS Keyboard Adapter. I've included a link below showing a video of the adapter in use, but they're not exactly the cheapest option from what I can recall. The video uses Call of Duty 2 as an example but it should be enough, hopefully.

Click here for the video (http://gizmodo.com/#!223963/xcm-xfps-xbox-360-keyboardmouse-adapter-in-action)

Rogue Agent 035
03-23-2011, 04:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YeOldeSierra:
You can plug a USB Keyboard into the Xbox 360 console, that much is true. However, you can only use it to manipulate the Xbox Guide (which is something along the same line as the Steam client in-game).

If you want to play on an Xbox 360 controller you could try buying an XFPS Keyboard Adapter. I've included a link below showing a video of the adapter in use, but they're not exactly the cheapest option from what I can recall. The video uses Call of Duty 2 as an example but it should be enough, hopefully.

Click here for the video (http://gizmodo.com/#!223963/xcm-xfps-xbox-360-keyboardmouse-adapter-in-action) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info Sierra..., I've seen this adapter, but until seein your attached vid I wasn't sure how it worked. An yer right, they're not cheap, but it's much cheaper than updatin/upgradin my current pc.

Thanks again...

JDumas

YeOldeSierra
03-23-2011, 05:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thanks for the info Sierra... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem man! I hope you're able to find a system that works for you, because the fact one of your arms sets you back, and yet you're still a gamer is quite inspiring. With luck an adapter like this might allow you to enjoy your games some more! I'm only happy to help! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif