PDA

View Full Version : COD release date and distribution.

jeffmorgan_947
02-05-2011, 02:06 AM
Hi,This is my first post on the COD forum, and i understand that it's official that the long awaited "Cliff of Dover " is to be released soon.

My question is, has there been a date fixed for it's release, and will the distribution be worldwide, I live in Australia, so will it be Europe,USA and then the rest ??

I never thought I would see the day ! but at long last its here

Cheers. JM.

jeffmorgan_947
02-05-2011, 02:06 AM
Hi,This is my first post on the COD forum, and i understand that it's official that the long awaited "Cliff of Dover " is to be released soon.

My question is, has there been a date fixed for it's release, and will the distribution be worldwide, I live in Australia, so will it be Europe,USA and then the rest ??

I never thought I would see the day ! but at long last its here

Cheers. JM.

ins-a-nity
02-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Am pretty sure that UBI australia has said that it will only be avalaible as a download release in Oz

ins-a-nity
02-05-2011, 01:35 PM
quote from the banana forums
"Brace yourselves Gentlemen, I spoke to the Ubisoft Head Office today and they have confirmed that there will be NO COLLECTORS OR BOXED SETS available for sale in Australia, this will be DLC only!!!!! You can contact Ubisoft directly on 02 85871800. Sorry about the bad news, get your overseas orders in quick!"

Blackjack04
02-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Ok, so if a DL copy only is available in Australia, who and where is the best place to order a hard copy DVD from, collectors or standard edition, who will send to Australia

jeffmorgan_947
02-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Thanks everyone, and yes thats a very good question Blackjack, who will send us a box set out here in the colonies ??

DD_crash
02-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Try here. (http://www.puolenkuunpelit.com/kauppa/product_info.php?products_id=49941&language=en&currency=EUR) I think they ship world wide.

Ba5tard5word
02-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Is the Collector's Edition only for the UK? Seems silly. The US has about five times the population as the UK and people often have more disposable income than Brits. I'm not particularly interested in the Collector's Edition but it seems dumb to only release it in the UK.

From what I've seen here it seems like most Il-2 fans in the US, as well as around the world, would get the Collector's Edition simply as a tribute to Oleg.

PB0_shadow
02-07-2011, 02:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ba5tard5word:
Is the Collector's Edition only for the UK? Seems silly. The US has about five times the population as the UK and people often have more disposable income than Brits. I'm not particularly interested in the Collector's Edition but it seems dumb to only release it in the UK.

From what I've seen here it seems like most Il-2 fans in the US, as well as around the world, would get the Collector's Edition simply as a tribute to Oleg. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

- The collector Edition is not for UK only. Other European countries get it.

- The population of the US & purchasing power may seem relevant, but is actually not.
Sales of IL2 & all add ons are superior in the UK than in the US

- The distribution scheme depends as much on the editor (Ubi in that case) as on the retailers. If no or very few retailers in the US are interested in collector edition, Ubisoft will not offer it, as collectors represent a higher risk (igher cost of manufacturing) for a lower margin (in % of price).

So best way to get a collector edition in the US is to harass retailers for it, and do the same to the editor

ins-a-nity
02-07-2011, 05:25 AM
Quick question, i notice here in Australia the realease date is 24/03, im sure I read a release date of 03/03 somewhere but cant seem to find it again, can anyone confirm?

edit; just seen that its the collectors edition that is released on the 3rd.

Thx

KG66_Phantom
02-08-2011, 02:33 AM
A Digital download on for Australia at $89.95???? Australian.

Thats 56 Pounds UK.

Thats 67 Euro's. I can get the collectors edition for less in europe.

Thats over $90 US dollars. You can download it in the US for $50. Thats a 80% premium for nothing other than a download link.

A blatant rip off, Im ordering from overseas and getting a hard copy.

Im sick and tired of getting ripped of in Australia for PC games.

vonSpinmeister
02-08-2011, 10:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">$90 US dollars </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've got to be kidding? What a freekin ripoff. No more IL2 for me.

CapBackasswards
02-08-2011, 06:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vonSpinmeister:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">$90 US dollars </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've got to be kidding? What a freekin ripoff. No more IL2 for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah! Just wait a few months after release. It'll be 34.95 and you get a disk. The first disk of many more to come. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

FlatSpinMan
02-08-2011, 07:17 PM
I just ordered the Collector's Edition through that Finnish site. It'll cost about the same as the digital download. I wonder if it really does ship on the 3rd. Seems strange to have such widely separated releases.

T_O_A_D
02-08-2011, 11:59 PM
I'm alienated over here in the USA http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

So I'm defiantly going to get one of my UK M8's to get me the Collectors Edition.

I agree on it sure feels like price gouging on the download, when you compare the fact you have nothing to hold in your hand.

audrew
02-09-2011, 07:44 AM
Remember European Air War? Now that was a great box set, I still have the CD,box and the users manual that came with it. The manual had info on the game, planes, tips and tactics it also had short pilot accounts of the war that really helped to get you head into the game. A lot could be learned from the way that sim was published.