PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Teleport ability

Crimsonspartan0
12-28-2011, 11:04 PM
I would like to know if others think what i think.

Chronomaancy
12-28-2011, 11:06 PM
The ability is fine as it is, no changes necessary.

IIVeterano
12-28-2011, 11:17 PM
someone used it on MSM Dm
he was on the wire and he was my pursuer
used it and teleported on roof of the garden place
then he went back on the wire!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

EzioAssassin51
12-29-2011, 01:55 AM
I love how people act like the Animus hack is a normal ability/is extremely easy to obtain.

But on topic, it can be annoying, but I don't see it used enough to be a problem.

snipertempah10
12-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
I love how people act like the Animus hack is a normal ability/is extremely easy to obtain.

But on topic, it can be annoying, but I don't see it used enough to be a problem.

The Animus Hack IS easy to obtain, and if I can get 20 9-kill streaks so far, then you sure as hell can. I would have no chance in Wanted or Deathmatch, but Artifact Assault is quite simple - I obviously have Kill Buffer equipped and I use knives and smoke. I never venture towards their flag, just defend your own but far enough away so that you get a working compass. Sit and wait, hunt down any trespassers, knife all runners, and use smoke to get cheap easy stuns against pursuers patrolling the borders.

That's my way, but others will have better ones.

As for teleport, I would not say it is cheating, but unfair in some circumstances. I do not understand why it is there in the first place though.

Crimsonspartan0
12-29-2011, 02:41 PM
So i was playing artifact hunt, and i see my artifact gets stolen right. Ok I'm sure teleport was involved but here is the thing i did not see anyone appear on compass, but the artifact got stolen 5 seconds later the icon appears next to the enemy goal...they get it, im like HUH? so ya this just kept happening can someone explain how they can get in and out of my area without even being registered on the compass, then teleport directly to their spawn...(BTW i thought it was lag but after testing out to see if stuff was laggy it wasn't so ya wtf?)

P.S
i love CTF so i like this, in the beta it was epic, now with teleport/smoke it is way less fun, to all those people who don't even like the game mode and just preach "get over it whiner" screw you, you wouldn't like it if your favorite modes had easy button wins to all of them so shut up, i just wish they would patch it so it takes the amount of time to lock on with a gun that it does to teleport, maybe a tad more so a gun can beat the teleport.

rafiqul84
12-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Crimsonspartan0:
So i was playing artifact hunt, and i see my artifact gets stolen right. Ok I'm sure teleport was involved but here is the thing i did not see anyone appear on compass, but the artifact got stolen 5 seconds later the icon appears next to the enemy goal...they get it, im like HUH? so ya this just kept happening can someone explain how they can get in and out of my area without even being registered on the compass, then teleport directly to their spawn...(BTW i thought it was lag but after testing out to see if stuff was laggy it wasn't so ya wtf?)

P.S
i love CTF so i like this, in the beta it was epic, now with teleport/smoke it is way less fun, to all those people who don't even like the game mode and just preach "get over it whiner" screw you, you wouldn't like it if your favorite modes had easy button wins to all of them so shut up, i just wish they would patch it so it takes the amount of time to lock on with a gun that it does to teleport, maybe a tad more so a gun can beat the teleport.

Totally agree, teleport has sucked out all the fun in artefact assault. Its a cheap ability used by people who fear confrontations against persuers or avoid the thrill of a chase. Its an ability for pansy's to say the least.

Crimsonspartan0
12-29-2011, 02:56 PM
What agitates me is the simple solution to the artifact hunt teleport gripes...which is to just not allow teleport if you have the F'ing flag, seriously. I have played so many games where you could do things to rush cap the flag (artifact) but the game limits you once you have the flag.
Perfect example, warhawk/starhawk beta or any other games with flying/sometimes ground vehicles, if you have the flag you can't just hop in a plane and zoom to your base and get easy caps

(yes i know there was an option to turn fly with flag on in warhawk but it was OPTIONAL the default was no fly with flag)

snipertempah10
12-29-2011, 03:03 PM
I opened a thread about this very topic and got a mixture of responses.

Adapt they say, counter they say, it's a team game they say....so bloody what?! My point is that it is no FUN when people use teleport - I couldn't give a monkey's who wins. There are numerous other ways of getting the flag and escaping with it, and all of them would require a bit more guile to execute. I have completed the Highwayman challenge (capture and score with 100+ flags) and did not get any of them by sweating over whether I could press L1 once and trot about 50 metres.

Each to their own though. If I see my team or the opposition using it, I will just quit and join another match (not everyone uses it). And that is my prerogative.

Kytr
12-29-2011, 04:56 PM
Realistically, the teleport doesn't really do any more harm to AA than the hidden gun that can kill the target from half way across the map. There are more ways to counter teleport than the hidden gun in any case.

That being said, I doubt I will use the ability again once I complete the challenge -- it really isn't as much fun as working for the steal.

TalentedTrack98
12-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Teleport doesnt really need to be changed the only time its really used is in artifact assault if someone uses it in any other mode like manhunt for example, ya they got away but you can easily catch them before it cools down

thekarlone
12-29-2011, 07:04 PM
I think abilities like hidden gun or templar vision are worse than teleport.

Chronomaancy
12-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by rafiqul84:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crimsonspartan0:

P.S

Totally agree, teleport has sucked out all the fun in artefact assault. Its a cheap ability used by people who fear confrontations against persuers or avoid the thrill of a chase. Its an ability for pansy's to say the least. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, Teleport is not cheap, it's a legit strategy to escape your pursuer in a quick amount of time.

Zoidberg747
12-29-2011, 07:09 PM
Teleport is majorly counterable. The reason you guys seem to hate it is because you are defending. If one of your teammates isnt going for the flag then Teleport will work perfectly. Otherwise they can just get cut off. Use the hidden gun to shoot teleporters, duh.

Also they dont show up on your compass if they are in low profile, at least when they have the artifact.

PhoxDevil
12-29-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by thekarlone:
I think abilities like hidden gun or templar vision are worse than teleport. I actually agree with you on this, mainly on TV though. I don't usually mind it but when you get say a corruption game where one person uses it over and over it completely ruins the fun of hiding and trying to be stealthy. Whether they light up like a Christmas tree or not doesn't really matter since you can usually tell who it is anyway. Not to mention most people don't care about kill score in corruption as much as just killing everyone as fast as possible so it seems a tad bit unfair in that game mode.

In all honesty I think TV is rather cheap in general, but that's just my opinion.

Crimsonspartan0
12-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by TalentedTrack98:
Teleport doesnt really need to be changed the only time its really used is in artifact assault if someone uses it in any other mode like manhunt for example, ya they got away but you can easily catch them before it cools down

First and foremost i am speaking from the perspective of an avid Artifact Assault player.
(I play manhunt and Wanted and Deathmatch and have dabbled in others, so i am not all that biased, im just being factual)

As i stated earlier people like you don't really need to bother posting in topics involving teleport then, because your right it is pretty "meh" in other modes, but in AA it is near game breaking how absurdly exploited it can be, It is a pain to deal with one teleporter, but a whole team even just 2 people depending on their skill can make the game mode meaningless. You might not like AA that much and therefore have no reason to resent teleport well i love AA so i hate teleport since it makes it suck. That goes for the rest of the people passing it off as mediocre, not that those people are wrong in other cases but in the case of AA it is overpowered. Also to the people saying it is easy to counter so far ive heard shoot them and what not, ya um what are you talking about? ya maybe if your facing a noob teleporter who runs and smoke teleport ya maybe you can get a lock on him if your even defending at the time and thats if you have a gun equipped... seriously do you people trying to argue this hear what your saying you give scenarios, SITUATIONS "oh you just shoot them" "oh just do this but you need this to do it" ya no that is weak argument and only solidifying my point that it is overpowered if you need SPECIFIC ways to deal with one ability then ya its overpowered, Honestly "oh you just need to air assassinate so the smoke doesn't affe-" YA YA well guess what maybe im not on the roof at the time OH look he gets to teleport "just throw a knife and get h-" oh look knife is on cooldown HE TELEPORTS, see i can give equal freaking SITUATIONS IN WHICH IT IS OVERPOWERED AND EXPLOITED. Bottom line it is way to fast (when it comes to AA and what it consists of) Ive seen plenty of low profile teleporters guess what by the time you even see the dude he starts to teleport hes gone by the time you lock on. So countering is not easy at all plus it only takes one successful teleport to get a capture and in the case of stalemate games (about 90% of the AA games) it makes it pretty BS. Simply put teleport on a 1v1 playing field...ya it has major advantage...which is usually what it comes down to.

Let me give the people that play other modes examples of smoke/teleport in AA.

For all you manhunt players, teleport is the equivalent to you facing an enemy team full of friends who all hide together as one group and spam stun/smoke and your with noob team who won't follow you in countering them appropriately.

For all you wanted/deathmatch people it is like everyone....every single person in the game hiding on roofs going for the gun kills.

For the other modes well IDK but you get my point. After typing this i just realized how sad it is how easily un-fun this game can become...and usually is.

At least for artifact assault a simple solution is possible DISALLOW TELEPORT WITH THE ARTIFACT IT IS REALLY THAT SIMPLE,
other games have limited the flag holder MANY MANY games have done this and i have also seen MANY MANY games on PC where a person uses cheats to teleport with an objective...something this game ALLOWS it is just insane.

Crimsonspartan0
12-29-2011, 08:36 PM
For those people saying how other abilities are cheaper, well like i said it all depends on the game mode. But out of all the game modes and abilities teleport/smoke and just teleport in general is the cheapest exploit when combined with the AA mode

TV-
If you see templar vision being used just run away...if you didn't see him use it well they kind of deserve the kill for being able to spot you without you noticing

The gun-
It really isn't that "cheap" i mean first off it only gives 100 points most of the time and it has a minute+ cooldown even with cooldown perk. Ive used the gun (for the challenges and to see if it was super glitched since i have been shot through too many dam walls) and honestly it is pretty fair it takes a while to charge. THE THING I WILL POINT OUT THOUGH, is i think the changed the gun so it can only be locked on to players (the reverse of decoy) and i must say that is really stupid it makes it more noob friendly which i admit is stupid.

Overall the gun is pretty close to teleport in unfairness but honestly i have had many...many more situations where the person i was targeting escaped my gun sight before it charged, the setting/route you take just needs to thought out in a methodical manner so as to avoid gun sights but teleport and more importantly teleport/smoke is much more cheap since teleport smoke can happen so fast your not even done aiming your gun, climbing the wall to air assasinate, or fast enough to even lock on, to counter it which is why it is cheap in the case of AA.

Once again i will state this, to cure the Builsh)t of AA make it so they can't teleport with artifact simple as that.

P.S Am i the only one who is like "So i still don't take fall damage, a tiny knife can make me limp and vulnerable but falling 5 stories is a roll and a scuff...WTF? Seriously why did they not punish people who jump off super high buildings in this (there now second) game? IMO it would solve some things mainly the whole
"Im on a rooftop...i am invinsible" attitude since they can't just jump off and haul butt away or toward somebody...

Zoidberg747
12-29-2011, 09:15 PM
I am an avid AA player as well. Maybe you have read my full guide, maybe you havent. Im going to break your post(s) down because I am feeling generous. The answers will be in red.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TalentedTrack98:

First and foremost i am speaking from the perspective of an avid Artifact Assault player.
(I play manhunt and Wanted and Deathmatch and have dabbled in others, so i am not all that biased, im just being factual)

As i stated earlier people like you don't really need to bother posting in topics involving teleport then, because your right it is pretty "meh" in other modes, but in AA it is near game breaking how absurdly exploited it can be, It is a pain to deal with one teleporter, but a whole team even just 2 people depending on their skill can make the game mode meaningless. You might not like AA that much and therefore have no reason to resent teleport well i love AA so i hate teleport since it makes it suck. That goes for the rest of the people passing it off as mediocre, not that those people are wrong in other cases but in the case of AA it is overpowered. Also to the people saying it is easy to counter so far ive heard shoot them and what not, ya um what are you talking about? ya maybe if your facing a noob teleporter who runs and smoke teleport ya maybe you can get a lock on him if your even defending at the time and thats if you have a gun equipped... seriously do you people trying to argue this hear what your saying you give scenarios, SITUATIONS "oh you just shoot them" "oh just do this but you need this to do it" ya no that is weak argument and only solidifying my point that it is overpowered if you need SPECIFIC ways to deal with one ability then ya its overpowered, Honestly "oh you just need to air assassinate so the smoke doesn't affe-" YA YA well guess what maybe im not on the roof at the time OH look he gets to teleport "just throw a knife and get h-" oh look knife is on cooldown HE TELEPORTS, see i can give equal freaking SITUATIONS IN WHICH IT IS OVERPOWERED AND EXPLOITED. Bottom line it is way to fast (when it comes to AA and what it consists of) Ive seen plenty of low profile teleporters guess what by the time you even see the dude he starts to teleport hes gone by the time you lock on. So countering is not easy at all plus it only takes one successful teleport to get a capture and in the case of stalemate games (about 90% of the AA games) it makes it pretty BS. Simply put teleport on a 1v1 playing field...ya it has major advantage...which is usually what it comes down to.

<span class="ev_code_RED">I got a solution for ya. STOP CAMPING AT THE ARTIFACT. The only time teleport works is against a team who does not attack at all, because once you get to the other side you are home free. In games with GOOD players, you will never score using teleport because the enemy team will have someone on your side going for the artifact, and they will intercept you. The gun stops teleport, so does mute, smoke bomb, throwing knivesm, you can intercept with teleport, without teleport, or you could just get them as they are going back to their base. Also how the hell is something cheap because there are SPECIFIC ways to beat it? Reality check, every strategy in the game has SPECIFIC ways to beat it. Oh look knives are on cooldown, maybe you should have saved them for that sitatuion. Oh look im not on the roof, well start getting on the roof. I hate to break it to you but you need to learn to adapt. All your argument is simply that YOU cannot beat the ability, which is in no way overpowered.</span>

Let me give the people that play other modes examples of smoke/teleport in AA.

For all you manhunt players, teleport is the equivalent to you facing an enemy team full of friends who all hide together as one group and spam stun/smoke and your with noob team who won't follow you in countering them appropriately.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Why the hell would people not do this? That strategy is actually one hundred times harder to beat than a teleporter in AA.</span>

For all you wanted/deathmatch people it is like everyone....every single person in the game hiding on roofs going for the gun kills.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Bring knives, problem solved</span>

For the other modes well IDK but you get my point. After typing this i just realized how sad it is how easily un-fun this game can become...and usually is.

At least for artifact assault a simple solution is possible DISALLOW TELEPORT WITH THE ARTIFACT IT IS REALLY THAT SIMPLE,
other games have limited the flag holder MANY MANY games have done this and i have also seen MANY MANY games on PC where a person uses cheats to teleport with an objective...something this game ALLOWS it is just insane. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To end I am just going to say that you need to improve as an Artifact Assault player. Smoke+Teleport was fun for a while but you will quickly find that once you try to use it against a full team of people that know what they are doing that it will not work. There are at least TEN different counters to teleport, maybe even more. If you really want to get better at AA, you need to learn to adapt. Maybe go for the artifact more too. In case you didnt know good attackers will almost always score higher than good defenders.

TLhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifR- Get better at the mode, learn the counters and stop camping on the defensive side.

BeCk41
12-30-2011, 12:40 AM
this ability is most useful in Steal the Artifact, maybe even Manhunt. But I don't favor the ability much.

Ripe Claw
12-30-2011, 12:41 AM
As I have said before. They could not figure out how to get rid of it from Brotherhood, so they just added it as an ability.

Lewbiedoo
12-30-2011, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by rafiqul84:
Totally agree, teleport has sucked out all the fun in artefact assault. Its a cheap ability used by people who fear confrontations against persuers or avoid the thrill of a chase. Its an ability for pansy's to say the least.

I half agree with you, in the sense that, a teleport ability in a CTF is a bit iffy/goes against the spirit of the game.

The fact that everyone has access to it in the end makes it hard to seriously complain about.

The thrill of the chase though! Definetly this! Played a lot of Warsong Gulch many a year ago and I haven't had that kind of adrenaline inducing chase it provided until Revelations came along.

I know ACB had chases too, but I dunno, stealing something that belongs to someone else and being chased with it just feels so much more naughty. :P

deadly_thought
12-30-2011, 01:31 AM
teleport = wtf ubisoft?

in a game where your supposed to be a templar learning how to deal with assassin IRL they give the ability to hack the computer and teleport

animus hack = wtf ubisoft?

in a game where your supposed to be a templar learning how to deal with assassins IRL they give you the ability to hack the computer and kill as many people as you want by telling the animus to kill them for you

AwkwardlyBruta
12-30-2011, 02:40 AM
All I'm going to say is I have a lot of success hunting teleport, I don't care if you think It's OP, most people only know how to use the basics of teleport, so you can predict them easily enough.

XxKillaChaosxX
12-30-2011, 02:46 AM
I understand why people use teleport in AA, but I also don't understand why they use it. To me, it's much more fun getting into a moving blend group, with disguise on, that goes right through the artifact and stealthily bringing it back. Especially since it doesn't show the icon over your head when you are in low profile.

Zoidberg747
12-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by XxKillaChaosxX:
I understand why people use teleport in AA, but I also don't understand why they use it. To me, it's much more fun getting into a moving blend group, with disguise on, that goes right through the artifact and stealthily bringing it back. Especially since it doesn't show the icon over your head when you are in low profile.

You keep doing that, while good defenders have Templar Vision and will kill you on sight.

It is a pretty good way to get the artifact but not to take it all the way back. It is much better to run it under buildings. Which is why smoke+mute is so awesome.

DannyStrong
12-30-2011, 05:53 PM
I like it, but I don't like how its only useful for grabbing the flag on artifact assault

xCr0wnedNorris
12-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Ripe.Claw:
As I have said before. They could not figure out how to get rid of it from Brotherhood, so they just added it as an ability.
^ Even now it's still in lag form, so now there're 2 ways of teleporting.

UrbanSaint
12-30-2011, 08:34 PM
The only real effective way I've seen people use teleport was in Artifact Assault. I have yet to see it used outside of that mode. As a few people have said earlier though, it kinda took away the fun of AA for me, especially when combined with Smoke Bomb. Granted not EVERYONE uses it, but I've been in enough games where people used it that the mode isn't really fun for me anymore.

Leather_Knight
12-30-2011, 10:25 PM
Teleport is more fun as an offensive ability, anyway. See someone teleporting, do the same. I've flanked many-a-moron in STA using this strategy. As for AA, teleporting in is way more boss than teleporting out, but who cares?

Sai_Hira
12-31-2011, 12:50 PM

P.S

I was a guy who did this by accident one time.

I was chasing a guy to his flag, he makes it adn i kill him. 2 seconds later i die about a centimeter from flag, When i respawn I sunnely haave flag. im lie WTF an ran like an idiot to my flag and scored.