PDA

View Full Version : Do Aircraft Attack with guns ?

Menthol_moose
04-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Its about december 41 for me (happy times), but aircraft only seem to bomb me. Do they actually use cannon / gunfire too ? Id imagine gunfire is very useful for killing crew members caught off guard on the boat.

If not .. why not?

Menthol_moose
04-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Its about december 41 for me (happy times), but aircraft only seem to bomb me. Do they actually use cannon / gunfire too ? Id imagine gunfire is very useful for killing crew members caught off guard on the boat.

If not .. why not?

Lovo_Kasistan
04-07-2005, 07:42 PM
At least B24's fire their guns at me.

juan_mol
04-07-2005, 07:48 PM
They do.
They dive shooting guns (suppressing fire) and then release bombs.

Maj_Solo
04-07-2005, 08:04 PM
No they don't!!!! If I were a fighterpilot attacking from the rear then I wipe the ****ing deck clean. My sub was attacked by two Hurricanes and nothing happened. They just missed the bombs even if I took no evasive maneuvers and just flew around so that I could do some target practice since they dissapear and I can not see them yet my super WatchOfficer says they are less then 2km away and he gives me the bearing and I loooooooooooook and I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooook and realize the sim has taken the object away since no person on this earth can follow an aircraft at greater distances then whatever short range it is they put in .... I think it is more than 1.5km anyway.
My super watch officer can see them but not I.
The crew I had on deck including Mr.Super should easily be dead. Stupid sim, can't even simulate combat properly.

The sim is all about running it at 100% realism and firing torpedo shots at 2km or less and everything else, including naval gunnery, is fake, I rather surface and finnish the transports with gun anyday than try firing a torpedo, the solution is always wrong even if you follow procedure to the point including the ID so I always unlock the target and correct myself.

I guess if the WO would let me fire torpedoes with 0 trim in any direction and which does not explode when they don't hit anything but continue to run until they hit something then I would be shooting from the hip all the time, just like in Enigma, better accuracy using my brain than that **** for targetting system.

Nothing works in this sim.

Bubblehead1948
04-08-2005, 12:16 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I can tell you that one jumped me from a distance. I dove so fast I didn't bother trying to ID it. The conning tower didn't get submerged fast enough, and I sweat blood for 15 seconds as automatic rounds bounced off steel up there.

Frederf220
04-08-2005, 02:48 AM
I have never been strafed by aircraft, despite many bomb drops. Hurricanes, RAF, Sept 1939- Feb 1940. Also they do not make longitudinal runs, but any old angle.

The_Biz
04-08-2005, 10:42 AM
Sunderlands certainly attack with guns, repeatedly, and I have lost crew to them, mind you a Sunderland ended up being my first ever aircraft kill which was nice.

Jose.MaC
04-08-2005, 11:11 AM
I've lost some crew against aircraft, so I asume they atacked me with guns.

In 1939, I had my first victim... the plane came from the sun and I was unable to spot it even with my super WO. The next second, I heard "man down in the deck"... my first burial! Poor Diest!

alanschu
04-08-2005, 11:24 AM
I lost a guy when jumped by a trawler in the English channel http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

LoftyUK
04-08-2005, 11:44 AM
I've had 1 plane shot its guns at me, but only once, I drive like h3ll when I get the report of ea, only a foolish officer go's man0man with ea.......but having said that, this is a game so show them who is boss of the sea http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

stevenwhiting
04-08-2005, 11:48 AM
I've had plenty of planes shooting at me. Especially if they see you diving.