PDA

View Full Version : Any historians out there?

Acrimonious_Nin
11-11-2011, 08:18 AM
assassin's creed brotherhood cluster 7 what do the dates given have in common?

Acrimonious_Nin
11-11-2011, 08:18 AM
assassin's creed brotherhood cluster 7 what do the dates given have in common?

LightRey
11-11-2011, 08:27 AM
You will find your answer here (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Cluster).

rileypoole1234
11-11-2011, 08:29 AM
What are the dates given again?

Acrimonious_Nin
11-11-2011, 08:41 AM
no the wiki had nothing..the dates are..30,476,1337,1431,1520,1773,1861,1914,1929,193 9,1945,1950,1955,1962,1990,1994,1995,2001. The only thing I have noticed is that the 20th century is more occurring than any other century

Assassin_M
11-11-2011, 09:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Acrimonious_Nin:
no the wiki had nothing..the dates are..30,476,1337,1431,1520,1773,1861,1914,1929,193 9,1945,1950,1955,1962,1990,1994,1995,2001. The only thing I have noticed is that the 20th century is more occurring than any other century </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well 30 AD is the date when Jesus christ was allegedly crucified or raised to the heavens, as said in Muslim Traditions.
during 476 Romulus Augustus, the last traditionally accepted Emperor of the Western Roman Empire, is deposed by Odoacer. This event is traditionally regarded as the beginning of the European Dark Ages, also Emperor Xiawen, Emperor of the Chinese Northern Wei dynasty, is murdered by Empress Feng.
and 1337 marks the first year of the hundred years war between France and England, and Francesco Petrarca, the first man of the Renaissance, visited Rome and some of its ruins.
now in 1431 Gabriele condulmer is elected pope eugene IV, that year also marked the beginning of Joan of Arc`s trial and that same year, was burned at stake. oh and Henry the VI is crowned king of france, and this year is the birth year of Rodrigo Borgia.
In 1520 the Aztec ruler was deposed due to him being captivated by the spanish and then his brother takes the throne, the kings of france and england meet at the field of cloth gold, Suleiman I becomes sultan of the ottomans, and The Castilian War of the Communities begins.
during the 1773 James cook crossed the antarctic circle, the ottoman rebels in egypt kill Ali Bey AKA sultan of egypt at the time,Antigua in Guatemala is destroyed by an earthquake, and a rebellion started in Russia.
during 1861 was the American Civil war, alot of states separated from the union, also the kingdom of Italy was proclaimed, and there was an earthquake in Argentina, and at this time Thallium was discovered http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif, and a meteorite hits earth, this year was darn bloody and had many wars and Rebellions.
Now 1914 is of course the start of WWI, the Mexican revolution and Pope Benedict XV succeeds Pope Pius X as the 258th pope.
1929 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif This year marked the end of a period known in American history as the Roaring Twenties after the Wall Street Crash of 1929 ushered in a worldwide Great Depression. In the Americas, an agreement was brokered to end the Cristero War, a counter-revolution in Mexico. The Judicial Committee of the Privy Council, a British high court, ruled that Canadian women are persons in the Edwards v. Canada case. The 1st Academy Awards for film were held in Los Angeles, while the Museum of Modern Art opened in New York City. The Peruvian Air Force was created.
In Asia, the Republic of China and the Soviet Union engaged in a minor conflict after the Chinese seized full control of the Manchurian Chinese Eastern Railway, which ended with a resumption of joint administration. In the Soviet Union, General Secretary Joseph Stalin expelled Leon Trotsky and adopted a policy of collectivization. The Grand Trunk Express began service in India. In the Middle East, rioting occurred between Muslims and Jews in Jerusalem over access to the Western Wall. Mohammed Nadir Shah became King of Afghanistan. Britain, Australia and New Zealand began a joint Antarctic Research Expedition. The centenary of Western Australia was celebrated.
In international affairs, the Kellogg-Briand Pact, a treaty renouncing war as an instrument of national policy, went into effect. In Europe, the Holy See and the Kingdom of Italy signed the Lateran Treaty. The Idionymon law was passed in Greece to outlaw political dissent. Spain hosted the Ibero-American Exposition which featured pavilions from Latin American countries. The BBC broadcasted a television transmission for the first time. The German airship LZ 127 Graf Zeppelin flew around the world in 21 days.
10 years later is the start of WWII.
1945 is the end of WWII, the death of Hitler and the fall of Berlin and the surrender of the Japanese to the rights of some of their territories, lots of Nuclear were used too.
1950 is when a mountain erupted in new Guinea and disney released its 12th movie :P.
in 1955 Austria is declared free, some assassinations and the annulment of some treaties and the creation of new ones.
Thats about it from me :/

Artemis88
11-11-2011, 09:49 AM
^ I would've posted all of that, but couldn't really bring myself to do it =/

So to sum it up - death, destruction, people being replaced by other people, other people inventing stuff for the masses etc

@Acrimonius_Nin - you'd be better off just looking through those dates & possibly making your own assumptions as to what links them all together. Or even take a look at the AC Wiki and see what they have there.

Acrimonious_Nin
11-11-2011, 10:58 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif thank a bunch people!!! lol i appreciate it. and yeah i might as well get more info..i guess this is why s16 kinda emphasized the chaos theory symbol...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif thanks again ! lol

Assassin_M
11-11-2011, 11:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Artemis88:

So to sum it up - death, destruction, people being replaced by other people, other people inventing stuff for the masses etc

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah Basically this http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

E-Zekiel
11-11-2011, 01:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Acrimonious_Nin:
no the wiki had nothing..the dates are..30,476,1337,1431,1520,1773,1861,1914,1929,193 9,1945,1950,1955,1962,1990,1994,1995,2001. The only thing I have noticed is that the 20th century is more occurring than any other century </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well 30 AD is the date when Jesus christ was allegedly crucified or raised to the heavens, as said in Muslim Traditions.
during 476 Romulus Augustus, the last traditionally accepted Emperor of the Western Roman Empire, is deposed by Odoacer. This event is traditionally regarded as the beginning of the European Dark Ages, also Emperor Xiawen, Emperor of the Chinese Northern Wei dynasty, is murdered by Empress Feng.
and 1337 marks the first year of the hundred years war between France and England, and Francesco Petrarca, the first man of the Renaissance, visited Rome and some of its ruins.
now in 1431 Gabriele condulmer is elected pope eugene IV, that year also marked the beginning of Joan of Arc`s trial and that same year, was burned at stake. oh and Henry the VI is crowned king of france, and this year is the birth year of Rodrigo Borgia.
In 1520 the Aztec ruler was deposed due to him being captivated by the spanish and then his brother takes the throne, the kings of france and england meet at the field of cloth gold, Suleiman I becomes sultan of the ottomans, and The Castilian War of the Communities begins.
during the 1773 James cook crossed the antarctic circle, the ottoman rebels in egypt kill Ali Bey AKA sultan of egypt at the time,Antigua in Guatemala is destroyed by an earthquake, and a rebellion started in Russia.
during 1861 was the American Civil war, alot of states separated from the union, also the kingdom of Italy was proclaimed, and there was an earthquake in Argentina, and at this time Thallium was discovered http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif, and a meteorite hits earth, this year was darn bloody and had many wars and Rebellions.
Now 1914 is of course the start of WWI, the Mexican revolution and Pope Benedict XV succeeds Pope Pius X as the 258th pope.
1929 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif This year marked the end of a period known in American history as the Roaring Twenties after the Wall Street Crash of 1929 ushered in a worldwide Great Depression. In the Americas, an agreement was brokered to end the Cristero War, a counter-revolution in Mexico. The Judicial Committee of the Privy Council, a British high court, ruled that Canadian women are persons in the Edwards v. Canada case. The 1st Academy Awards for film were held in Los Angeles, while the Museum of Modern Art opened in New York City. The Peruvian Air Force was created.
In Asia, the Republic of China and the Soviet Union engaged in a minor conflict after the Chinese seized full control of the Manchurian Chinese Eastern Railway, which ended with a resumption of joint administration. In the Soviet Union, General Secretary Joseph Stalin expelled Leon Trotsky and adopted a policy of collectivization. The Grand Trunk Express began service in India. In the Middle East, rioting occurred between Muslims and Jews in Jerusalem over access to the Western Wall. Mohammed Nadir Shah became King of Afghanistan. Britain, Australia and New Zealand began a joint Antarctic Research Expedition. The centenary of Western Australia was celebrated.
In international affairs, the Kellogg-Briand Pact, a treaty renouncing war as an instrument of national policy, went into effect. In Europe, the Holy See and the Kingdom of Italy signed the Lateran Treaty. The Idionymon law was passed in Greece to outlaw political dissent. Spain hosted the Ibero-American Exposition which featured pavilions from Latin American countries. The BBC broadcasted a television transmission for the first time. The German airship LZ 127 Graf Zeppelin flew around the world in 21 days.
10 years later is the start of WWII.
1945 is the end of WWII, the death of Hitler and the fall of Berlin and the surrender of the Japanese to the rights of some of their territories, lots of Nuclear were used too.
1950 is when a mountain erupted in new Guinea and disney released its 12th movie :P.
in 1955 Austria is declared free, some assassinations and the annulment of some treaties and the creation of new ones.
Thats about it from me :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think there's anything in the actual events that are in common (beyond what's already been said) - I have just been assuming that the dates given mean the Templars or Assassins (or both) were involved.

I went ahead and emboldened what I thought the dates are most likely referring to.

Note that some things are left standard instead of bold when it seems important - like Rodrigo Borgia's birth year. This is because I might see these events as coincidences, and not the focus of the year.

Notes:
1431 - I believe Rodrigo Borgia's birth is coincidence.
1773 - I emboldened nothing from this list because I believe the date is referring to the passing of the Tea Act.
1914 - I exclude the Mexican revolution because the country has basically been revolution after revolution since gaining independence.
1939 - I can't find that in his list, but it's the start of World War II.
1950 - Start of the cold war. This is why I have nothing emboldened above.
1955 - Start of the Vietnam war. Easy one :P
1962 - Cuban trade embargo/Cuban missile crisis. Nelson Mandela imprisoned. (the latter included due to noticing both the date of his imprisonment and his freedom are on the list...not so sure that's coincidence!)
1990 - Cold war is over (coincidence?). Nelson Mandela freed. Gulf war starts (I think this is the focus).
1994 - Lots of creative people die. NAFTA (focus?). Nelson Mandela becomes president of South Africa (dates for his stuff keep coming up, so it's hard to dismiss them as coincidence). Yemen civil war.
1995 - WTO. Oklahoma City bombings (likely focus, given the next listed year).
2001 - Twin towers go down. Arguably, the Gulf War resumes.

Acrimonious_Nin
11-11-2011, 02:42 PM
hmm it seems that all these years have something to do with law, revolutions, power(nelson becoming president,etc) and from cluster 6 to cluster 10 subject 16 keeps emphasizing these same exact points...which is the same points he makes in ac2 with in the 20 glyphs. power ,law , revolution...hmmm any one have there 2 cents to put into percpective what s16 is trying to say? with in the frame of ac2 and ac:b...

Sparty2020
11-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Ubisoft has expertly mapped out this whole conspiracy thing in a way to make me even conscious of how corporations are rapidly controlling not just politics but also law. Especially near the end when the Templars have noticed that people 18-30 were 30% more likely to rebel due to having had enough of capitalism and corporations (funny considering that the game was released 2010 and now we have the whole Occupy movement).

E-zekiel perfectly outlined all my thoughts on the date plus more (did not know about Mandela. Was never interested in African history). I think that NAFTA was definitely the focus of 1994 since it provided corporations large-scale international control over commerce and weakened the power and control of the US Government. Sounds perfect for Templar manipulation http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

E-Zekiel
11-11-2011, 05:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sparty2020:
Ubisoft has expertly mapped out this whole conspiracy thing in a way to make me even conscious of how corporations are rapidly controlling not just politics but also law. Especially near the end when the Templars have noticed that people 18-30 were 30% more likely to rebel due to having had enough of capitalism and corporations (funny considering that the game was released 2010 and now we have the whole Occupy movement).

E-zekiel perfectly outlined all my thoughts on the date plus more (did not know about Mandela. Was never interested in African history). I think that NAFTA was definitely the focus of 1994 since it provided corporations large-scale international control over commerce and weakened the power and control of the US Government. Sounds perfect for Templar manipulation http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same, to an extent. I was aware of it before getting into AC2-AC:B etc but I guess the games kind of opened me up to the fact my ideas aren't so crazy and I'm not the only one noticing these things :P

My post history does have quite a few that talk about this very subject, hehe, though none are really very recent.

Sparty2020
11-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Yea, I've also heard of those conspiracies. But I never truly believed any of them had any credence before AC2/ACB. While I am still weary of those tin-foil hat wearing loonies who believe 9/11 was planned or claim they were adopted by UFOs, I now see that some why so many people believe that we are all puppets on a string or claim that there's a secret organization (Illuminati) controlling our "decisions." Whether I believe all that however is a more complex question...

LightRey
11-12-2011, 03:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sparty2020:
Yea, I've also heard of those conspiracies. But I never truly believed any of them had any credence before AC2/ACB. While I am still weary of those tin-foil hat wearing loonies who believe 9/11 was planned or claim they were adopted by UFOs, I now see that some why so many people believe that we are all puppets on a string or claim that there's a secret organization (Illuminati) controlling our "decisions." Whether I believe all that however is a more complex question... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well do keep in mind that, though AC offers relatively believable scenarios concerning these conspiracy theories, they're still highly unlikely to be true in any way.

E-Zekiel
11-12-2011, 01:05 PM
I dunno if I'd call it "unlikely" so much as "remember that it's fiction"...You put it well yourself, they are "believable". This is of course referring to systematic control of the world - once through religion, now through money. Not the whole animus and ancestors and such.

An unfortunate part of what society attempts to teach us - as they did in the book-burning days - is that artistic media cannot be taken seriously, and I think that is entirely false. It's just like books or movies - those in-depth ones that make you reflect and think. Just because it's a video game does not make it any less artistic, and does not make potential messages any less valid, inspiring, or thought-provoking. The message and presentation itself should do that (or not), not simply its form.

While I do not regard the series as fact, obviously (lol), I do regard it as though provoking, and were it true, somewhat unsurprising, actually. I won't tell you they've hit the nail on the head...

More that they have interesting and certainly inspiring ideas.

Hopefully my point gets across.

Acrimonious_Nin
11-12-2011, 04:35 PM
its funny you people say that...cuz about the same time assassins creed came out(im not a conspiracy theorist)this site came out aswell...armageddonconspiracy.co.uk and either its coincedance or im crazy but it reaks assassins creed atmosphere if any one is interested the bit about the old world order vs the new world order is thought provoking...even though i repeat smells like an assassins creed fan gone too far lmao....P.S look at there symbol before it was a triangle with a phoenix over it(just like ezio's left arm gauntlet) now its the omega symbol with a circle inside...which is a s16 glyph just to through that in there.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Chamboozer
11-12-2011, 06:18 PM
The lack of dates between 476 and 1337 seems odd. You'd think if it was a templar/assassin thing, then at least the AC1 dates would be included. Or something having to do with the beginning of Islam.

Sparty2020
11-12-2011, 06:50 PM
The way I see it is that 476 marked the end of the Roman Era and the beginning of the Dark Ages while 1337 marked the end of the Dark Ages and the beginning of the Renaissance. These dates only show advances in humanity or times of terrible pains. Presumably both being manipulated by the Templars.

The thing to remember with these dates is that the narrator said "30, 476, 1337, 1431, 1520, 1776, 1861, 1914, 1929, 1939, 1945, 1950, 1955, 1962, 1990, 1994, 1995, 2001... does not compute, does not compute. Emotion centers activated. Now I understand." This indicates that these dates correspond to some strong emotion in human history rather than some random number: such the beginning and end of World War II, the beginning and end of the Cold War, the US War for Independence and Civil War, and of course 9/11/2001

Acrimonious_Nin
11-12-2011, 07:55 PM
sparty that is enlightening! I never thought of it that way

E-Zekiel
11-13-2011, 01:24 PM
The way I see it is that 476 marked the end of the Roman Era and the beginning of the Dark Ages while 1337 marked the end of the Dark Ages and the beginning of the Renaissance. These dates only show advances in humanity or times of terrible pains. Presumably both being manipulated by the Templars.

The thing to remember with these dates is that the narrator said "30, 476, 1337, 1431, 1520, 1776, 1861, 1914, 1929, 1939, 1945, 1950, 1955, 1962, 1990, 1994, 1995, 2001... does not compute, does not compute. Emotion centers activated. Now I understand." This indicates that these dates correspond to some strong emotion in human history rather than some random number: such the beginning and end of World War II, the beginning and end of the Cold War, the US War for Independence and Civil War, and of course 9/11/2001 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is actually a pretty solid take on it, yup.