PDA

View Full Version : Set home aircraft carrier?

catchlov
10-28-2004, 09:07 PM
How do you set your carrier as your home? Every time I set my plane to take off the carrier in the FMB the carrier keeps moving and I end up in the water.

HELP !!

catchlov
10-28-2004, 09:07 PM
How do you set your carrier as your home? Every time I set my plane to take off the carrier in the FMB the carrier keeps moving and I end up in the water.

HELP !!

BigA21
10-28-2004, 10:21 PM
Hi Catchlov,

I did the same thing, it is corrected by doing as you already have and setting the A/C to takeoff for 1st waypoint near the carrier.

The missing second step is to set a target for that same first waypoint to the carrier itself then it will be OK.

Texas LongHorn
10-29-2004, 01:06 AM
Thanks Big. I don't even have the sim yet but I love this type of thread. I like to think I'm pretty good in the Aces FMB but it looks like there is some new stuff to learn <ggg.> All the best, LongHorn

IV_JG51_Razor
10-29-2004, 01:43 AM
The same thing applies to landing on a moving CV. You have to set the carrier's icon as the target for the landing a/c, in addition to setting the carrier as the landing waypoint. It also helps to put the last waypoint before the landing waypoint somewhere close behind the CV.

Jester_159th
10-29-2004, 03:00 AM
There are a few other new things in the FMB (Like setting up AI Kamakazi attacks!!)

Best thing is check out the PDF version of the manual once you've got the sim installed. Although missing from the printed manual, there is a full discription of the FMB in the PDF.

Nubarus
10-29-2004, 03:51 AM
Both the PDF Manual and the PF ReadMe file contain vital information regarding the FMB.

There are several threads floating around this forum about the carrier take off in the FMB.

I think these people should read the documentation first before starting to mess around in the FMB and then post questions here that are answered in the PDF manual and the PF ReadMe.

I call that being lazy.