PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up Display

SirPhist
11-27-2010, 10:14 PM
Am I the only one who plays Assassin's Creed without the HUD? All the junk: the control help, the health meter, weapon selection, SSI, etc.

I watch others' videos on youtube, and I get sad at seeing these on their screens.

In AC1, none of it's even necessary. In AC2, one might only need the mini map. In ACB, I'll admit I need to see what I'm looting and where I'm going.

So...anybody else like playing without the HUD?

SirPhist
11-27-2010, 10:14 PM
Am I the only one who plays Assassin's Creed without the HUD? All the junk: the control help, the health meter, weapon selection, SSI, etc.

I watch others' videos on youtube, and I get sad at seeing these on their screens.

In AC1, none of it's even necessary. In AC2, one might only need the mini map. In ACB, I'll admit I need to see what I'm looting and where I'm going.

So...anybody else like playing without the HUD?

X10J
11-27-2010, 10:31 PM
I use the mini-map and money aswell. as for youtubers can't blame them, no one wants to look like a jack*** on the internet.

Abeonis
11-27-2010, 10:32 PM
I don't like playing with the HUD up, but unfortunately it's kinda necessary for Brotherhood. You need the money count up to see what you've looted, you pretty much gotta have your health, I don't play with the minimap or control layout however.

recklesschords
11-27-2010, 10:32 PM
If I tried playing without the HUD, I might start spontaneously crying. I need it to function. I can't find my way around the city without the little mini-map, and I've just evolved from displaying every single icon on the map to only the major memories.

You are a brave, brave soul. *tips hat*

X10J
11-27-2010, 10:35 PM
weren't we supposed to have birds and stuff that help navigate without the map

SirPhist
11-27-2010, 10:50 PM
yeah, it's pretty hardcore gaming.

btw i turn the music volume down to 0.

Assassin's Creed(s) is way too epic to play with soundtrack

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by recklesschords:
You are a brave, brave soul. *tips hat* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thank you, milady