PDA

View Full Version : Mulitplayer Question

Shinowa
05-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Ok so I played the first CoJ and found it pretty fun, but I have some doubts about this sequal or whatever it is.

Is there going to be anykind of unlocks or reward system? If so I doubt I will touch this with a very long stick, since I hate that kind of things and a friend said he thought there would.

(Couldn't find anything by searching so...)

Shinowa
05-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Ok so I played the first CoJ and found it pretty fun, but I have some doubts about this sequal or whatever it is.

Is there going to be anykind of unlocks or reward system? If so I doubt I will touch this with a very long stick, since I hate that kind of things and a friend said he thought there would.

(Couldn't find anything by searching so...)

Nevada-Smith
05-20-2009, 02:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shinowa:
Is there going to be any kind of unlocks or reward system? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes.

According to a preview, there is a bounty system active throughout all the multiplayer modes: The more players you kill, the more money you earn; thus, you can upgrade to better multiplayer "classes." In essence, this is a reward system that unlocks better weapons.

Shinowa
05-20-2009, 04:47 AM
Sucks, really like the original CoJ, but I guess there are other games coming without such systems that I can get then.

Ubi.Vigil
05-20-2009, 06:46 AM
I wouldn't say the unlocked classes are "better". I've played a lot of rounds with all kinds of classes and they were well balanced between the classes you start with and the unlocks. Getting more classes through bounty just gives you more variety, and there are a lot of classes too, thirteen in all.

xBLACK_JACKx
05-21-2009, 06:18 AM
Is there going to be any dueling multiplayer modes (i.e 1 on 1 quick draw)?

Swash1967
05-31-2009, 03:13 PM
Did they ever set up a multiplayer beta for the game? If they did, I'm surprised I never heard about it. If I remember correctly, the original game did not have an online multiplayer option.

Nevada-Smith
06-01-2009, 03:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Swash1967:
If I remember correctly, the original game did not have an online multiplayer option. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You remember incorrectly.

The original Call of Juarez had online multiplayer.

illspirit
06-02-2009, 10:58 AM
It had a great multi-player. Save the lack of support, it was amazing. I was in one of the best "clans" at the time and we had a North American server, I'm pretty sure they still have their server up. It's a great game when you get on Ventrilo and actually play with people you know.

vendrell
06-03-2009, 12:52 PM
I actually thought the multiplayer was the best aspect of the last game.
COD4 had the reward system and is one of if not THE best multiplayer games ever. So I think it an excellent adition to the game.

KABS___
06-03-2009, 09:03 PM
YES THE ORIGINAL HAD A GREAT ONLINE MULTI-PLAYER But it is far too for people to cheat, Does anybody know if the new multiplayer version in BIB will have some type of punkbuster style setup and console like cod4 servers?

PlayingMantis
06-03-2009, 11:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xBLACK_JACKx:
Is there going to be any dueling multiplayer modes (i.e 1 on 1 quick draw)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is why I'm here on the forum. I think it's a shame they didn't have a multiplayer duel option in the original.

Hope it's not too late to add this to Bound in Blood (or, how about a free add on to the original CoJ, to build some buzz for the new game? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )

The only concern might be network latency, but it's not like you're moving around much, so maybe it would work well.

You could set up things like best 3 out of 5 or something, and have quickdraw tournaments like in The Quick and the Dead.

This would be awesome.

vendrell
06-04-2009, 01:03 PM
totally agree, whats a wild west game without a gunfight duel. Please get it done Devs!!!!