PDA

View Full Version : Dialog in GC2011 Pls.

Michael891210
08-20-2011, 09:35 AM
I'm not good at English listening.(I'm a Chinese.)
Could anyone tell me?

Michael891210
08-20-2011, 09:35 AM
I'm not good at English listening.(I'm a Chinese.)
Could anyone tell me?

Rakudaton
08-20-2011, 09:59 AM
I assume what you want is a transcription of the gameplay? If so, here you go:

Guard: Stop him!
*Throws a bomb at Ezio. Ezio crashes.*

Leandros: Nobody gets through. Don't take your eyes off this road, understand?
Guard: Leandros!
*He points at Ezio, who has survived*
Leandros: Look what crawled out of its hole to die. He's at death's door -- finish him! Bring me his head, or throw yourselves into the canyon!
*Guards fight Ezio, and die.*

*Ezio climbs the water wheel*
Ezio: This used to be so easy...

*Ezio bounces a bomb off a wall as a distraction. Guards go to check the noise*
Guard: Keep your eyes open!

*Ezio enters Leandros's lair*
Leandros: Could it be that you are every bit as deadly as the legends say? Or am I in charge of an army of drunks swinging sticks? Right this way, Ezio! Nowhere left to run now!
Ezio: Not for me... and not for you!
*Ezio shuts the gate*
Leandros: Kill that dog! Cut him down!

*Ezio fights, then starts to climb the wall*
Leandros: Shoot him! Or do I have to kill him myself?

*Ezio reaches the top of the wall and walks up to Leandros*
Leandros: What does it take to kill you, eh?
Ezio: Don't you ever stop howling?
*Ezio kills Leandros*
Ezio: Requiescat in Pace ("Rest in Peace" in Latin), Bastardo ("Bastard" in Italian).

*Ezio looks at the seal. It opens a memory of Altair*

Traitor: Another step, and your mentor dies!
Altair: You will not leave this place alive, traitor!
Traitor: You misunderstand! I am no traitor... for I cannot betray those whom I never truly loved.
Altair: Then you are doubly wretched, for you have been living a lie.

*Altair climbs the walls, before jumping down and killing the traitor.*

Traitor: You put too much faith in the hearts of men, Altair. The Templars know the truth: humans are weak, base, and petty.
Altair: No. Our creed is evidence to the contrary.
Traitor: Perhaps you are right, and I am not wise enough to understand -- but I suspect the opposite: that I am too wise to believe such rubbish.

*Traitor dies. Altair talks to Al Mualim*

Al Mualim: You offered him a chance to salvage his dignity. Why?
Altair: No man should pass from this world without some kindness.
Al Mualim: But he shunned your graces!
Altair: As was his right.
Al Mualim: Altair... I have watched you grow from a boy to a man in such a short space of time, it fills me with as much sadness as pride. You fit your father's shoes as if they had been tailored to your feet.
Altair: I did not know him well, my father. He was an assassin, above all.
Al Mualim: You too were born into this order. Do you regret it?
Altair: How can I regret the only life I have ever known?
Al Mualim: You will find a way, in time. And then you will have to choose the path you want. This war is not yet finished, Altair.

There are some mistakes there -- I wrote that from memory without consulting the demo, but it's close enough.

EDIT -- Thanks for the contribution, NBST. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

DylanJosh9
08-20-2011, 10:19 AM
You make the world a better place, Rakudaton

Rakudaton
08-20-2011, 11:00 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

kalo.yanis
08-20-2011, 11:04 AM
I think you forgot the "Bastardo" bit after he kills Leandros. That's important. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SupremeCaptain
08-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Great work, Rakudaton!

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 11:50 AM
Actually, "Bastardo" means "F**ker" in Italian. I think Leandros pushed Ezio too far with his final words, which seem to have been cut out of the demo.

LightRey
08-20-2011, 01:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Actually, "Bastardo" means "F**ker" in Italian. I think Leandros pushed Ezio too far with his final words, which seem to have been cut out of the demo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What exactly do you base this on, because I'm quite sure it actually means "bastard".

Rakudaton
08-20-2011, 03:17 PM
Google Translate, in its infinite wisdom, informs me that "bastardo" can mean "mongrel", "crossbreed", "bastard", "illegitimate", or "underbred" -- all conceptually similar to "bastard".

I think you may be getting confused with "stronzo", which is used frequently in ACII (and, to a lesser extent, ACB), which can be translated as "a***hole", "jerk", or "f***er". I think "bastardo" has a more direct translation, which is simply "bastard". Then again, you may be Italian or have a degree in Italian or something, in which case you're almost certainly right. I don't know.

Anyway -- yes, I think Leandros probably did have some last words that annoyed Ezio. I suspect he'd also done things earlier that magnified Ezio's contempt for him (i.e. prior to the demo).

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 03:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Actually, "Bastardo" means "F**ker" in Italian. I think Leandros pushed Ezio too far with his final words, which seem to have been cut out of the demo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What exactly do you base this on, because I'm quite sure it actually means "bastard". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybKqNG_SSEg

At about 20 seconds.

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Checking it in a translator, it seems that this might be an error. Of course, the translator also didn't know what Maldito means, so Cesare might be using some old italian or something, which changes the meaning.

SixKeys
08-20-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm pretty sure "bastardo" just means "bastard". Sometimes there may not be a direct equivalent for a certain strong type of insult in the other language, so they use something that sounds close enough. It may be that "stronzo" is more vulgar, in that it might be used by guards or street thugs, but Cesare would be less likely to use such a word, so they went with "bastardo". His tone is enough to convey the strong feeling behind it, so to Italians the phrase might sound just as harsh as "old f***er" to English speakers.

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 04:51 PM
Hmm. I guess that makes sense. I think that that means that that is indeed what they were meaning Ezio to say. I think that it's actually a harsher word in Italian than F***er, so we can assume that Ezio has indeed been pushed too far, and that Ubi will translate it as "F***er".

Animuses
08-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Ubisoft doesn't always use a direct translation.
Bastardo does mean bastard. Stronzo is a**hole or f*cker.
Never use the translator in AC as a reliable source.
Some of the Italian used in the AC may not even be correct.

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 05:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
Ubisoft doesn't always use a direct translation.
Bastardo does mean bastard. Stronzo is a**hole or f*cker.
Never use the translator in AC as a reliable source.
Some of the Italian used in the AC may not even be correct. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I've noticed that.

Michael891210
08-20-2011, 07:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:

Leandros: Look what crawled out of its hole to die. He's at death's door -- finish him! Bring me his head, or throw yourselves into the canyon!

Leandros: Could it be that you are every bit as deadly as the legends say? Or am I in charge of an army of drunks swinging sticks? Right this way, Ezio! Nowhere left to run now!
*Ezio shuts the gate*

*Ezio kills Leandros*
Ezio: Requiescat in Pace ("Rest in Peace" in Latin), Bastardo ("Bastard" in Italian).

Traitor: You misunderstand! I am no traitor... for I cannot betray those whom I never truly loved.

Traitor: You put too much faith in the hearts of men, Altair. The Templars know the truth: humans are weak, base, and petty.
Traitor: Perhaps you are right, and I am not wise enough to understand -- but I suspect the opposite: that I am too wise to believe such rubbish.

Al Mualim: Altair... I have watched you grow from a boy to a man in such a short space of time, it fills me with as much sadness as pride. You fit your father's shoes as if they had been tailored to your feet.
Al Mualim: You will find a way, in time. And then you will have to choose the path you want. This war is not yet finished, Altair.

There are some mistakes there -- I wrote that from memory without consulting the demo, but it's close enough.

EDIT -- Thanks for the contribution, NBST. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am so glad!Thanks!(Bastardo mean's bastard,is it?)

LightRey
08-20-2011, 07:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
What exactly do you base this on, because I'm quite sure it actually means "bastard". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybKqNG_SSEg

At about 20 seconds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's simply because they're translating a phrase ("Maldito bastardo") instead of just the word. There is an English equivalent to that phrase, which is "old ****er". That is why they used that as a stranslation instead of a more literal one.
You should never assume the translation in the subtitles is correct. They are often shortened and/or simplified or as in this case, replaced by a translation of an entire phrase instead of the separate words, to fulfill their needs.

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 10:30 PM
Ah. so we'll have to wait and see how they translate what Eziio says to Leandros, right?

Animuses
08-20-2011, 11:01 PM
It's most likely bastard. Ezio called Rodrigo a "bastard".

LightRey
08-20-2011, 11:06 PM
Ah. so we'll have to wait and see how they translate what Eziio says to Leandros, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Lol, I guess. I'd advise using a dictionary instead though.

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
08-20-2011, 11:11 PM
I saw the video on youtube. It got removed, search around you might find it.

Michael891210
08-21-2011, 07:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:

*Ezio shuts the gate*

*Ezio kills Leandros*

EDIT -- Thanks for the contribution, NBST. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Can you also tell me the dialog in E3 2011? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Thx!

Rakudaton
08-21-2011, 07:33 AM
OK.

*Ezio walks to the balcony*
Yusuf: Saiun Auditore! (I think "Saiun" is some sort of term of respect in Turkish, like saying "Mr Auditore".)
*Yusuf jumps down*
Yusuf: Word around the city is you're leaving us!
Ezio: Is nothing I do a secret?
Yusuf: *laughs* Not to worry brother: the captain of your ship is a friend. But... neither of you are going anywhere just yet. The Janissaries have raised the chain, and ordered a full blockade until you are caught.
Ezio: They raised the chain for me.
Yusuf: *laughs* We will celebrate later. Here, I have something for you. *gives him the bomb* Be careful -- this has fifty times the kick of our usual bombs.
Ezio: Gather your men. This will attract some attention.
*Ezio turns to walk off*
Yusuf: Strike from the east!

*Ezio blows up the tower, then goes down the zipline*
Guard: The assassin is trying to get to his ship! Stop him!

*Ezio uses the flamethrower. Flamethrower is destroyed by a cannonball. He freeruns over the burning wreckage, before climbing onto a ship where several guards are standing. They turn in surprise.*

Guard: Don't let him reach the ship!

*Ezio reaches the ship*

Captain: You are... Ezio Auditore?
Ezio: Si ("yes"). Sorry for the delay.

*Cue awesome music and beautiful vista of a burning harbour*

I think that's about it. If there are parts I've missed, let me know. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

notafanboy
08-21-2011, 07:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael891210:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yusef: hello(maybe?) Auditore !, i have heard that you are leaving us!
Ezio: is nothing i do a secret ?
Yusef: dont worry brother, the captain of your ship is a friend, but neither of you are going anywere just yet... the janissaries has raised the chain and ordered a full blockade untill you are caught.
Ezio: they raised the chain for me ?
yosef:weŽll celebrate later,here i have something for you, careful this has 50 times the kick of our usual bombs.
Ezio: gather your men, this will attract some attension.

guard on the dock: stop him ! the assassin is trying to get to his ship !

guard on the boat: donŽt let him reach the ship !

dude on the boat: you are Ezio Auditore ?
Ezio: si(yes in italian) sorry for the delay

@above http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Shadow Markuz
08-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Ah. so we'll have to wait and see how they translate what Eziio says to Leandros, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Lol, I guess. I'd advise using a dictionary instead though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Italian guy here to help!

Actually "bastardo" means bastard both as the insult and as the meaning of illegitimate child. It's pretty much the same as the English word.
On the other hand, "Maldito bastardo" isn't Italian. The correct italian is "Maledetto bastardo", which means "Damn bastard". I also found that maldito is the Spanish word for maledetto, so that might be Spanish learnt by Cesare in his family...

Michael891210
08-21-2011, 06:34 PM
OK.

*Ezio walks to the balcony*
Yusuf: Saiun Auditore! (I think "Saiun" is some sort of term of respect in Turkish, like saying "Mr Auditore".)
*Yusuf jumps down*
Yusuf: Word around the city is you're leaving us!
Ezio: Is nothing I do a secret?
Yusuf: *laughs* Not to worry brother: the captain of your ship is a friend. But... neither of you are going anywhere just yet. The Janissaries have raised the chain, and ordered a full blockade until you are caught.
Ezio: They raised the chain for me.
Yusuf: *laughs* We will celebrate later. Here, I have something for you. *gives him the bomb* Be careful -- this has fifty times the kick of our usual bombs.
Ezio: Gather your men. This will attract some attention.
*Ezio turns to walk off*
Yusuf: Strike from the east!

*Ezio blows up the tower, then goes down the zipline*
Guard: The assassin is trying to get to his ship! Stop him!

*Ezio uses the flamethrower. Flamethrower is destroyed by a cannonball. He freeruns over the burning wreckage, before climbing onto a ship where several guards are standing. They turn in surprise.*

Guard: Don't let him reach the ship!

*Ezio reaches the ship*

Captain: You are... Ezio Auditore?
Ezio: Si ("yes"). Sorry for the delay.

*Cue awesome music and beautiful vista of a burning harbour*

I think that's about it. If there are parts I've missed, let me know. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You are good!You help me a lot,thx.

eagleforlife1
08-22-2011, 04:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shadow_Markuz:
Lol, I guess. I'd advise using a dictionary instead though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Italian guy here to help!

Actually "bastardo" means bastard both as the insult and as the meaning of illegitimate child. It's pretty much the same as the English word.
On the other hand, "Maldito bastardo" isn't Italian. The correct italian is "Maledetto bastardo", which means "Damn bastard". I also found that maldito is the Spanish word for maledetto, so that might be Spanish learnt by Cesare in his family... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cesare was Spanish, his father was Spanish and he was commanding Spanish troops at the time that he said it so he was speaking in Spanish.

Shadow Markuz
08-22-2011, 05:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
Cesare was Spanish, his father was Spanish and he was commanding Spanish troops at the time that he said it so he was speaking in Spanish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that's exactly what I was meaning with my last sentence. Apart from the fact that I didn't think that he obviously was leading Spanish troops in Viana

Michael891210
08-22-2011, 05:56 AM

*Ezio shuts the gate*

*Ezio kills Leandros*

Traitor: You misunderstand! I am no traitor... for I cannot betray those whom I never truly loved."Loved" is not right,it's belong.XDDD

Michael891210
08-23-2011, 12:24 PM

*Ezio shuts the gate*

*Ezio kills Leandros*

The Official GC2011 gameplay has released,can you tell me the dialog?

dchil279
08-23-2011, 01:43 PM
stronzo means "F***er" in italian. bastardo means bastard

Rakudaton
08-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Here ya go. I'm going to cut out the text that I've already written for the unofficial one and focus solely on the commentator (the only new sound).

Commentator: In Ezio's final chapter Assassin's Creed Revelations, Ezio is on a personal quest in search of the secrets left behind by the legendary Altair. Ezio arrives at Masyaf to find it overrun by an army of Byzantines -- Templars who are also searching for the keys that unlock the hidden library and the secrets it will reveal.
*Gameplay begins*
Comm: This demo begins near the end of the carriage chase, fully playable in the final game, between Ezio and Leandros -- the captain of the Byzantines. Leandros has the first of five Masyaf keys that Ezio needs to unlock the hidden library of Altair.
*guard throws bomb at Ezio's carriage. Ezio fights and kills the three guards*
Comm: Seriously injured, unable to climb, Ezio will need to rely on different tactics to penetrate the Templar stronghold, located in the small village near Masyaf.
*Ezio climbs water wheel*
Comm: Using his evolved instincts -- his Eagle Sense -- Ezio can now see Leandros's trail and follow his path.
*Ezio stabs guard, before placing a bomb*
Comm: Ezio will place an already crafted tripwire bomb near this guard's body, to lure patrolling guards into a trap.
*Guards explode. Ezio opens chest*
Comm: Ezio has picked up a new ingredient: the caltrop. He can use this to craft a new bomb. Ingredients to create bombs can be found throughout the world.
Still injured, Ezio can avoid engaging in direct combat using a diversion bomb, allowing him to continue his search for Leandros.
*Guards go to investigate sound; Ezio sneaks past*
Comm: The assassins have set up bomb crafting stations throughout the city. By changing an ingredient, the tripwire bomb used earlier can be modified to an impact bomb for a more agressive style of play. Also, Ezio can make a new bomb type using the caltrops he just picked up. Both bombs will be useful in his assassination quest.
*Guard sees Ezio; Ezio throws caltrops.*
Comm: Ezio was able to stop the guards in their tracks, using the newly crafted caltrop bombs allowing for a quick escape.
*Ezio confronts Leandros*
Comm: A careful approach is no longer an option. Ezio can rely on impact bombs to eliminate multiple enemies at once.
*Ezio heals*
Comm: Now healed, Ezio regains his freerunning abilities, allowing him to get to Leandros and retrieve the key in his possession.
*Ezio climbs, being shot at, and kills Leandros*
Comm: The key Ezio retrieves not only will get him closer to accessing Altair's library, but also to relive pivotal moments in Altair's life. What you're about to see is a small part of an Altair mission in the game, an event that takes place before the very first Assassin's Creed game.
*Altair talks with the traitor*
Comm: Faced with the possible death of his fellow assassins, Altair will need to act quickly, and find a way to infiltrate the fortress before the traitor kills them off one by one.One of those assassins is Al Mualim, grand master of the assassins and mentor to his eventual successor Altair.
*Altair kills the traitor*
Comm: The crusader, who is revealed to be the traitor, will be a playable character in the multiplayer part of Assassin's Creed Revelations.
*Demo ends*
Comm: This moment, at which Altair becomes a master assassin, is one of the many revelations gamers will get to experience in the game. On behalf of the entire Assassin's Creed Revelations team, we hope you enjoyed this demo.

Oh, and it really is "I cannot betray those whom I never truly loved". I listened very carefully, and he most certainly does not say "belonged". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

LightRey
08-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Oh, and it really is "I cannot betray those whom I never truly loved". I listened very carefully, and he most certainly does not say "belonged". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is true.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">stronzo means "F***er" in italian. bastardo means bastard </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That has already been established.