PDA

View Full Version : 3 weeks since patch press release and no patch?

droidtn
05-11-2008, 12:53 PM
I know things take time. It has been 3 weeks since you said the patch was going to be released. I think an update is deserving to those that have spent $50 for a game that doesn't work. I for one, am not willing to waste my money when I can take it back and get something that does work. I haven't got my purchased copy of the game to even get past the intro video, so I will wait a few more days...

Andrew

droidtn
05-11-2008, 12:53 PM
I know things take time. It has been 3 weeks since you said the patch was going to be released. I think an update is deserving to those that have spent $50 for a game that doesn't work. I for one, am not willing to waste my money when I can take it back and get something that does work. I haven't got my purchased copy of the game to even get past the intro video, so I will wait a few more days...

Andrew

dacoolstas
05-11-2008, 12:59 PM
if the game doesn't work, then why am i playing it right now, with no problems?

TokyoPoliceClub
05-11-2008, 01:04 PM
First off "dacoolstas" no need to be condescending.
Are your sure your system is up to the task of running the game? You may be getting some errors that are caused by you or your pc, instead of the game.

dacoolstas
05-11-2008, 01:09 PM
look, man iv'e been here awhile already, and you may still have the patients to explain to the noobs that its their PC thats crapp, not the game but i have alreay lost that patients.

honestly, im kinda sick and tired of people saying "its the game, the game has problems" when its the PC.

but i guess i should chill http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

TokyoPoliceClub
05-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Yeah you should chill, and never once did I say his computer was, as you say, ****. For all either of us know his computer costed more than our houses. Instead of ripping people apart for having problems I try to help solve them, maybe you should try the same instead of being rude to people.

dacoolstas
05-11-2008, 01:14 PM
lol, i did man, i did.

whe you reach 1000 posts you will relize that you will be fed up aswell.

PS: getting alittle heated are we? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

TokyoPoliceClub
05-11-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm not heated at all but I don't think reaching 1000 posts is a reason to be a *****. That's like being a police for a year and using that as an excuse to tazer people you see on the streets when they ask you a question.

BTOG46
05-11-2008, 01:18 PM
No need to argue guys, unless the OP can be bothered to post a full dxdiag, there's no way of telling why his game doesn't work for him.

TokyoPoliceClub
05-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Yeah I'm done man I'll wait for something from the OP and see if we can resolve his problem.

dacoolstas
05-11-2008, 01:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think an update is deserving to those that have spent $50 for a game that doesn't work </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats what he said, don't you think that was alittle stupid to say?
so i gave him a stupid answer.

i am refering to my 1000 posts to say that i have been here awhile, i have seen many, many threads with this kind of qustion. thats all.
but i do relize that maybe i was just letting my anger out alittle to much, just as you are now.

BTOG: he called me a *****, and rude.

but yes, i will stop.

TokyoPoliceClub
05-11-2008, 01:23 PM
<STRIKE>Way to throw that backhanded comment in there at the end. Way to</STRIKE>

Actually I'm not wasting my time. I'm not angry but if you want I can start a tread and post a couple thousand times and we can have this same argument. But until then I'm done.

HannahIsMyName
05-11-2008, 01:27 PM
that would take for ever, why bother. just be happy

Bobfish_Almight
05-11-2008, 01:33 PM
I have a thousand posts and I've only been here a week. But anyway, this is the sort of thing that should be discussed http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6571038256 there. And it's actually been a month now. 4 weeks, not 3

droidtn
05-11-2008, 09:25 PM
for the ******* chump dacool. I have a machine that you could only dream of. I work for a lab in oak ridge, it is a work/home machine. My other home machine is a quad core, 4 gigs of ram and a 512 mb vid card, so for your ignorant ***, its not anyone's machine. the game locking up before you can even start has nothing to do with specs. People play games every freaking day on old machines. Give me the patch, I paid $50 or I will return it, bottom line

jeremyofmany
05-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Will you kids grow up and go do something productive instead of insulting each other and whining like babies about a patch?
You people make more noise than my 3 and a half month old baby boy. Seriously.

1. If you have artifacts, your hardware is overheating. Period.

2. Most of us have different hardware (clock speeds, chipsets, OSes, etc) so no game in existence is guaranteed to work for everyone in the first pass.

3. Bugfixes don't have their time limits written in stone. Anyone familiar with software development knows their checklist can grow by the hour.

Personally, I'd rather wait for a thoroughly made patch than a rushed one that doesn't fix everything it potentially could fix had it been given more time.

Now be quiet, get outdoors, do your homework, or at least play another game to keep your gamer-obsessive minds at ease...

droidtn
05-11-2008, 10:22 PM
If you have artifacts, your hardware is overheating.....wtf are you talking about, your an idiot and your wrong, there are plenty of reasons one might have artifacts and overheating hardware is wayyyy down on the list, go back to bed

BlindNero
05-12-2008, 06:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by droidtn:

the game locking up before you can even start has nothing to do with specs </div></BLOCKQUOTE> No, that could be caused by Securom detecting disc copying/emulating software. Get rid of it before you install the game.

Btw: you have not posted your dxdiag yet.

Bobfish_Almight
05-12-2008, 07:32 AM
We should really move this discussion here http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6571038256 and tone down the testosterone before Lady Z comes in and brings the **** down on us all for being *******es

jeremyofmany
05-12-2008, 09:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by droidtn:
If you have artifacts, your hardware is overheating.....wtf are you talking about, your an idiot and your wrong, there are plenty of reasons one might have artifacts and overheating hardware is wayyyy down on the list, go back to bed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need a serious attitude check. Why you feel it necessary to display such hostility and insult others who believe and know different from you is wrong.
I am by no means an idiot.
I am a computer service technician with several years experience.
Why not educate us all in your vast knowledge of these "other reasons" that put overheated hardware *so far* down the list?

Sure, it could also be corrupt/outdated drivers but in my experience this is less common than hardware overheating.

I am not wrong because I know and experience different from you.

Smarten up.

arjandevries9
05-12-2008, 09:26 AM
droitn, YOU are an idiot!

You are lying about you PC specs and everyone sees that. If you´re telling the truth assassin´s creed will work!

eskimosound
05-12-2008, 04:45 PM
The game works brilliantly, I am stunned by the graphics (Im running them on full everything) The AI is unbelievably good and the engine is superm, honestly I have never played a game that is so...urm...involved and Full!!

In a word it is EXCELLENT.

Your computer is definately not up to it, either that or you are not up to it.....

So save up and get a proper computer and stop moaning about your lack of expertise.....

Gbucket
05-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Sorry guys, some weird things happened but I've just posted the changelog (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/7161039856) and the patch will be with you within days.

Sorry again!

dacoolstas
05-12-2008, 06:47 PM
driotn: what video card do you have?

having a card with 512mb is good, but if it has a low video memory bus, then it won't work to its full potential.

oh, and please post a Dxdiag.

Bobfish_Almight
05-13-2008, 12:09 AM
Whoo-hoo. News. And yeah, just having a 512 card isn't that big a deal. I mean, 512ddr2 isn't going to be as good as 256gddr3 even though it's got 'more'