PDA

View Full Version : Training missions

blazer-glory
10-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Can someone tell me what skill level the training missions are preset at as I cant seem to change it. The reason I ask is that I actually managed to land without bursting into flames or losing a piece of my plane(!) :s

blazer-glory
10-18-2004, 04:42 PM
*CONFUSED* What's PF and AEP?
I'm playing IL*2.

PlimPlam
10-18-2004, 05:06 PM
the origonal il2 where you land and take off in the il? Man I dont remember what it was set at but I remember taking off being harder than landing. I actually tried to follow the instructions and taxi around and all that.

Which is way different from how I do it now. Didnt do any training missions in il2fb. Sorry.

But keep at it you'll get it. Use flaps and be gentle etc.

'O and I forgot to say aep is an expansion for il2fb- which I just got myself too btw- and pacific fighters is a new game coming out in a few weeks that adds more planes and what not.

blazer-glory
10-18-2004, 05:21 PM
Thanks for clearing that up PP. Yeah,I'm actually finding landings a little easier,I think. I say easier,what I actually mean is that I crash a hellava lot talking off and just 'alot' landing!!! I remember my earlier flight sim experiences being the opposite! :s

blazer-glory
10-19-2004, 10:24 AM
Its no good,I can't seem to land a dam thing. Even when I watch my speed and keep it under 200 I always seem to end up slamming into the runway.
Everything is fine until the plane is literally going to touch down and the whole thing banks to the right and I crash. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Breeze147
10-19-2004, 12:27 PM
Either your Angle of Attack is way too steep or you're stalling just before touchdown. Keep your speed at no less than 170 KMH and your gunsight should be pointing right at the opposite end of the runway just prior to touchdown.

Skycat_2
10-19-2004, 04:23 PM
If you're playing the commericial version of "IL-2 Sturmovik" or "Forgotten Battles," you can change the difficulty settings before the missions to make take-offs and landings easier. (Once you start a campaign, the settings you choose become locked for that campaign however).

I think you can access these options at the briefing screen of each mission; look at the bottom of the screen for a button that will open a new screen with toggle switches. (If its not here, then you can definately access the Difficulty Options panel in Quick Mission Builder and I believe the settings will carry over to single missions). Anyway, try turning off torque and gyro effect as a minimum, and maybe 'Realistic Landings' as well. With the Realistic Landings turned off your plane will bounce on a hard landing instead of disintegrating.

"Ace Expansion Pack" (AEP) is the expansion for "Forgotten Battles." "Pacific Fighters" (PF) is the newest release in the series and can either be installed alone or on top of FB+AEP.

antifreeze
10-19-2004, 08:00 PM
Blazer, you're not using a Logitech Wingman joystick or the keyboard are you?

Aeronautico
10-19-2004, 09:03 PM
IL-2 Sturmovik (IL2 - Fall 2001)
IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles (FB - Spring 2003)
IL-2 FB ACE Expansion Pack (ACE or AEP - Spring 2004)
Pacific Fighters (PF - Fall 2004)

As you see, you're a bit behind blazer...