PDA

View Full Version : A game for true GR fans

xB0NES
12-27-2010, 02:41 PM
Here's a game I've been following for some time and I think a lot of us true GR fans deserve to know about it. It comes out in January and it looks to have the same feel as GR but with some very different and refreshing changes, such as, destructible, and degradable cover system where individual rocks and/or boards can be shot out to create "mouse holes". Anyway, check it out. Here it is: http://breachgame.com/

xB0NES
12-27-2010, 02:41 PM
Here's a game I've been following for some time and I think a lot of us true GR fans deserve to know about it. It comes out in January and it looks to have the same feel as GR but with some very different and refreshing changes, such as, destructible, and degradable cover system where individual rocks and/or boards can be shot out to create "mouse holes". Anyway, check it out. Here it is: http://breachgame.com/

nippaditty1941
01-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Hi,, I just got GR-AF for Christmas. I need to find out if there is a command in the game that allows me to save the game periodically. It is time consuming to start over again from where ever the game saved it. Plus does this game have the feature of opening doors?. In both my other GR games that I have played,, you could.

Any help on this would be appreciated

R0CKY
01-08-2011, 04:20 AM
Hi

Unfortunately the answer to both questions is no.

I started a project to add extra save points into the games, you can read about that here. (http://www.ghostrecon.net/html/recon-mod-savepoints.htm)

There's nothing we can do about the lack of working doors though.

nippaditty1941
01-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Thanks Rocky for the explanation on this. It is frustrating. Something should be put into the game that after ( pick a number ) so many trys you cannot get over the hump, It allows you to save up to that point. This is one of the harder games in this series I have played. That Tank in the parking lot is a ***** to take out because your working on a time table besides trying to take out the enemy. It takes so long for you to get a lock on that by the time you do ,,he kills you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

xB0NES
01-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Thanks for derailing the off topic thread, noobs. lololol

nippaditty1941
01-14-2011, 05:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thanks for derailing the off topic thread, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry if I derailed your train of thought. I had no Idea your were the keeper of this blog. You can have it back

xB0NES
01-14-2011, 07:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nippaditty1941:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thanks for derailing the off topic thread, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry if I derailed your train of thought. I had no Idea your were the keeper of this blog. You can have it back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I was joking dude...

nippaditty1941
01-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Lenney,, it's hard to see humor in some printed words. Soo!!, have you played this game a few times?. I'm sort of stuck with the tank in the parking lot in Juarez. How do you take this thing out?. Have you played all the GR games ?.

GuZZ33
01-15-2011, 09:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nippaditty1941:
I'm sort of stuck with the tank in the parking lot in Juarez. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Try here dude http://guides.gamepressure.com...nadvancedwarfighter/ (http://guides.gamepressure.com/ghostreconadvancedwarfighter/).

Edit@ Juarez lol http://guides.gamepressure.com...r2/guide.asp?ID=3099 (http://guides.gamepressure.com/ghostreconadvancedwarfighter2/guide.asp?ID=3099)

nippaditty1941
01-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Thanks,, that will help alot.

nippaditty1941
01-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Well,,,, It seems the suggestion they give you do not work. For my situation I'm supposed to knock out the tank. It tells me to go into the second destroyed building, crouch and wait for the tank to come into the open. Well first of all being in that blown out building I cannot get a heat source and it will not lock on to the tank, in the few seconds you have kill it,, by that time it zeros in on you and your dead. This part is really unrealistic. No tank is going to single out one man in a battle. They will send Infantry in after him. No matter where I go it its always looking for me.

Another thing I noticed is if I bring up the members of my team the game to the Battle area ( as a diversion ) it will end the game with "Too Late" Freedom fighters are all dead, you failed. What ???. Even though I just got there.

xB0NES
01-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Well,,,, It seems the suggestion they give you do not work. For my situation I'm supposed to knock out the tank. It tells me to go into the second destroyed building, crouch and wait for the tank to come into the open. Well first of all being in that blown out building I cannot get a heat source and it will not lock on to the tank, in the few seconds you have kill it,, by that time it zeros in on you and your dead. This part is really unrealistic. No tank is going to single out one man in a battle. They will send Infantry in after him. No matter where I go it its always looking for me.

Another thing I noticed is if I bring up the members of my team the game to the Battle area ( as a diversion ) it will end the game with "Too Late" Freedom fighters are all dead, you failed. What ???. Even though I just got there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I remember that exact scenario. It made me quit playing the game and it really put a bad taste in my mouth.

nippaditty1941
01-16-2011, 08:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">remember that exact scenario. It made me quit playing the game and it really put a bad taste in my mouth </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah,,Its doing that to me also. It is really starting to get frustrating. I have been on this one section for days now. No matter What Idea I come up with it,,,it will not work. I have tried running behind burned out cars to hide and all it does is blow them up one at at time until it kills me. I have hid behind buildings hoping to get a shot,, but its always waiting for me. Then again time runs out and Freedom fighters all die as well as my character for some reason?. The crazy think is, I have set it on EASY and its still difficult to get done. Is this some kind of Joke ??. In the instructions it says to wait till the Tank gets into range and fire the missile on it and then start to clear out the infantry. I find it just the opposite. Kill as many Infantry as possible so you can concentrate on killing the Tank.

xB0NES
01-16-2011, 08:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">remember that exact scenario. It made me quit playing the game and it really put a bad taste in my mouth </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah,,Its doing that to me also. It is really starting to get frustrating. I have been on this one section for days now. No matter What Idea I come up with it,,,it will not work. I have tried running behind burned out cars to hide and all it does is blow them up one at at time until it kills me. I have hid behind buildings hoping to get a shot,, but its always waiting for me. Then again time runs out and Freedom fighters all die as well as my character for some reason?. The crazy think is, I have set it on EASY and its still difficult to get done. Is this some kind of Joke ??. In the instructions it says to wait till the Tank gets into range and fire the missile on it and then start to clear out the infantry. I find it just the opposite. Kill as many Infantry as possible so you can concentrate on killing the Tank. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm pretty sure it's a bug dude, because I couldn't get any help with that either. This game and community are a joke. The only reason I come on these boards is to remind people of this.

GuZZ33
01-17-2011, 09:20 AM
I have set it on EASY and its still difficult to get done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We are talking about Act 2 / Mission 1 - part 1 Welcome to Jaurez Mission 1 - part 1 right?.

I just ran through the buildings and hid out the way and kept doing this until i was able to lock on. You have your team members to distract the attention of the tank locking on you.

nippaditty1941
01-17-2011, 12:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We are talking about Act 2 / Mission 1 - part 1 Welcome to Jaurez Mission 1 - part 1 right?.

Yes we are.

I just ran through the buildings and hid out the way and kept doing this until i was able to lock on. You have your team members to distract the attention of the tank locking on you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have done that a few times. If I bring up my team for any reason,, it runs out of time and the Freedom fighters die. If you leave them back there at the landing spot it buys me more time. Maybe it is a glitch in the game ???.

GuZZ33
01-18-2011, 01:20 AM
it runs out of time and the Freedom fighters die. Maybe it is a glitch in the game ???.[/b] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I can't remember a time limited mission?, strange. I have not played GRAW2 on the pc for quite a while, someone mentioned going on the second floor in the nearby building, if i remember correctly there are some mexican freedom fighters up there?. I'm tempted to install GRAW2 just to find out lol. The tank was tricky at first attempt to take it out, but popping off a few rebels and then getting in the right position and being patient for the right moment to get a lock on. Are you sure it is the correct mission?, can you show us a screenshot or two?. Have you tried restarting the mission from scratch just in case it' is a glitch?.

kalenath
01-18-2011, 02:51 AM
Its not a glitch, just VERY annoying.

Leave your team where they came in, scoot to the building, offing the 2 bad guys you find. RUN into the darkened underpart of the building the loyalists are fighting from. The furthest dark room as the best line of sight to where the tank will show. The rebels won't see you if you stay in the dark. Wait for the tank to show. Track it with the sight of the Zeus, then fire as soon as you get a lock. Boom!

Then duck for cover and bring up your team as the rest of the rebels will be a bit ticked off with you at that point.

nippaditty1941
01-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Guys,, thanks. I have done that. I also have gone up the stairs to the second ( third ?) floor and looked down on it all. Its a good spot to knock off a few of the bad guys from above hiding behind trucks and cars. Its not a particular good spot for the Tank because he is firing at the freedom fighters in the building next to you. Every time I stood up with the zeus to track the Tank he starts swinging around and blasting at where I am. I did finally get him.

I went ( ran ) all the way around him to a small building at the parking lot entrance. Hid there, and waited for him to start fire at the Freedom fighters, then stepped-out and got a lock on him as he was swinging around to hit me again. I think another secret is to knock off his MG gunner on the Tank. Once he is gone the Tank is sort of blind from behind and takes him awhile to swing around. I do appreciate all the help I got here. Thanks again. I will most likely be back for more problem solving http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

GuZZ33
01-19-2011, 03:37 AM
I stood up with the zeus to track the Tank he starts swinging around and blasting at where I am. I did finally get him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good job soldier, now try it on hardcore mode lol.

nippaditty1941
01-20-2011, 07:45 AM
&gt; now try it on hardcore mode lol. &lt;

Ha,ha,, I can't even imagine what HARD would be like. One of the Glitches I'm showing is once I finish off the Bad guys at the Super Market you are evacuated out of there by a chopper. It ends that segment and gives you your stats. For some reason it is not saving that part and when I go back I'm starting from some position I already finished.

Another question is my ( or is there ) and command to control your team members stance?. I mean you can direct them to a spot, they then walk out there standing up in plain view and of course get shot. Its like forcing you to be point man and you get killed or make it. I wish if your in a crouch position they should also be.

GuZZ33
01-21-2011, 06:03 AM

Another question is my ( or is there ) and command to control your team members stance?. I mean you can direct them to a spot, they then walk out there standing up in plain view and of course get shot. Its like forcing you to be point man and you get killed or make it. I wish if your in a crouch position they should also be. [/b] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Crouch and standing positions of your squad are random, if you issue an order for recon mode your team members will mostly stay crouched when moving and depending on the position you place them for cover watch for their arc of fire they will stay crouched but sometimes stand up or lean out.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/142/g20y.jpg (http://img12.imageshack.us/i/g20y.jpg/)
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3366/g21g.jpg (http://img198.imageshack.us/i/g21g.jpg/)

nippaditty1941
01-21-2011, 08:44 AM
OK,, I got it. Sometimes there is not enough time to do that.Anyway thanks again.

nippaditty1941
01-30-2011, 08:27 AM
This has got to be the toughest GR game I have played. I'm at the point where I'm in the court yard and I have work my way down this side street knock out a Helicopter dropping off Enemy troops and help out a convoy of good guys. I lose my last man 50% of the time and I have to try and knock off the enemy that has the convoy trapped. Not sure what I'm supposed to do after I do help them???

BSR_RuGGBuTT
02-08-2011, 04:18 AM
I have no idea why you're having problems. I completed it on max difficulty in about 12 hours first time it was released.

nippaditty1941
02-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Your a better man ( or Boy )then me BSR.
I'm having a hell of time getting it done. Maybe you could share
your tricks with some of us. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

dna.brym
05-29-2011, 07:17 AM
Sorry to bump this. But I'm surprised nobody's listed the method I employed to take out the tank.

I ordered my team into place in the derelict house we had to pass through to get to the car park. While they moved into position, I took out soldiers in the car park, then the first group approaching from the side road after the car park.

Then I ran behind the tank and C4'ed it. Took out the remaining 2nd group from the side road and waited for orders on the next objective.

I never once entered the building the car park belonged to.