PDA

View Full Version : Un-installing/ Installing the game

josephs1959
07-23-2005, 01:55 PM
I have IL-2 Gold pack installed and running fine. I installed Pacific Fighters+AEP+FB. But when I try to start the game I get this message; "This application has failed to start because rts.dl was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem". Fine but this is the FIFTH time I've un-installed and then installed the game. Question; What's the best way of un-installing? through the disk or through Windows-Control panel Add or remove programs? I've also tried System Restore and to no avail. This all came about after installing VER.4.01m patch. The patch didn't give me any view scanning ability with my mouse or rudder control so I decided to un-install and then install the game to get rid of the patch. Any answers out there?

josephs1959
07-23-2005, 01:55 PM
I have IL-2 Gold pack installed and running fine. I installed Pacific Fighters+AEP+FB. But when I try to start the game I get this message; "This application has failed to start because rts.dl was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem". Fine but this is the FIFTH time I've un-installed and then installed the game. Question; What's the best way of un-installing? through the disk or through Windows-Control panel Add or remove programs? I've also tried System Restore and to no avail. This all came about after installing VER.4.01m patch. The patch didn't give me any view scanning ability with my mouse or rudder control so I decided to un-install and then install the game to get rid of the patch. Any answers out there?

steve_v
07-23-2005, 04:12 PM
try this first: Ubisoft Solution Center (http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=10061&p_created=1099077749&p_sid=3_uGGxsh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PWRmbHQmcF9ncmlkc29yd D0mcF9yb3dfY250PTQmcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1zZWFyY2hfbmw mcF9wcm9kX2x2bDE9ODgmcF9wcm9kX2x2bDI9MTEyOCZwX2Nhd F9sdmwxPSZwX2NhdF9sdmwyPSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=)

and see
Patching sequence and more at airwarfare.
http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/patching.htm