PDA

View Full Version : And now the fun have begun!! :)

SnailRunner
02-14-2006, 01:39 PM
the is a story from the ongoing campaign with the smilings snails

http://www.virtual-air.dk/index.htm

After being relocatet we had a chance testing out the new plane in hangar, the spitfire VIII (CW) for the last 4 months we had been fighting the Japanese in the P-40`s and in the last month we had begun to loose alot of planes.

0630 testflight above Singapore area. Me and my wingman Slimesnail took of from our new home climping and cirkeling singapore area. We teamed up with a flight of hellcats flying cap over Singapore pininsula <-- cant spell it lol..

At 4500m we level out and setting a new course that will bring us within 4 miles from the frontline. We spot a dot at 3`clock high, climp to 5500m and sneaks up on the dot, its a KI-46 recce. Wingman is given free to kill it, and after some ooooh nice to have a "first pass killer" talk, we get a message from out own recon plane that he is interceptet at 7000m

Now we got confused, a Japanese plane at 7000m actualy intercepting the recon plane hmmm wierd.

We can here on coms that a fligh of Hellcats are on the way, so we keep flying around and looping rolling you know just testing out the plane. After the fun we form up and try to contact recon plane....no answer...sudently the coms get filled up with US pilot screamning for help, seems they hit one big fight...ok checking 360...tracer fire at 4² clock,roll right getting speed flying over there, we come as the last hellcat explodes, and without warning my wingman recieves hits and confirms that we have meatball`s up at 7500m WTF....after thinking alot, and as a former (Japanese lol) pilot it pops in my mind, didnt the Japanese side get a plane with patch??....

Well what to do, im reforming with wingman 500m at his high six, to intercept anyone crawling on to him, but these buggers aint doing normal stuff they are bloody Z & B`ing us up here, and i got the "old" feeling of flying japanese, you can evade but not catch them.....We call out for help, but no one is responding, we are simply to far inland from the frontline, we are trying to get out of it, but some holes in wingmans left wing makes it hard, and after i had to break (tracers in mirror) they finaly shoots him down. OK now im in trouble, im alone at 6700m being pounded by atleast 3 planes, and i se more in the horizon...ok dive down to 3000m HDG 180 and just floor it. Great plan, but the prob was that i aint lost them, i had to reatch above 600KPH to start building some distance, but slowly it seems that im going to make it..By now i finaly gets a respoce to my cry for help, aint sure what it is all i get is a werry britt way if saying on our way, ok with that in mind i think...brand new plane lets se how it fight, i make half a loop on top i roll over, and perform one more just gained 1500m abd it seems that the enemy aint up here....start turning, there they are 3 dots 11 clock low 500m diving down, ooooh now i finaly can identify the planes, it is Raidens, ooooh....explains alot, and i got them just where i want them, the first one bursts to flames, and is going down, im soon on the seconds six, bit i notice the pack leader is breaking of no AI like....OMG....one of them is human. i knick my bandit in one of the wings and he enters a spin, the last raiden have made a left hand climping turn , so i spot him at my 9 O`clock high truning into me. I wep make a right hand rollgo up in a werry large left side spiral turn and we come on a head on, but no shooting solution to either of us, i go vertical with all power, he dives abit turns right and come up towards me. At 220kph i lvl out, starts horizontal turn and se him stall out

Ok turning over keep it up side down to check hes flight path, hes decending abit starting to come around. I let got of the controlls, the spit drops its nose in within 4 secs im on hes six comming in fast, Have to eveade collision, but manege to get a few hits on left wing, and the ailron leave the plane, i notice he lvl out and sudently he doent seem to be a danger anymore, i follow him to se what hes doing, but he just flyes home. I can resist and form up on hes left wing, he wobble the wing and we fly like this for 5 mins. I have to break off, my fuel is low, and im way out from home base after wobling the wings i break left and notice something in the mirror, geez a zero, i go as low and fast as posible, this is not about getting home its about surviving, but the zero aint following. The next 15 mins is boring i get back to base on fumes bla bla bla...

After mission is over a Guy comes on our coms (Allied) and just says, scared you there" and i asked what you meen??...im the zero that folowed right on your six while you flew beside the Raiden to make sure you aint get trigger happy...WHAT?? you were there all the time...YES m8..tx for the fun and he left coms...Half my sqdn m8`s starts to laugh but after some talking we all agreed

The Raiden is a great oponant, and this will give the Japanese something that can actualy fight above 6000m, and we will all know, that now the fun have begun!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SnailRunner
02-14-2006, 01:39 PM
the is a story from the ongoing campaign with the smilings snails

http://www.virtual-air.dk/index.htm

After being relocatet we had a chance testing out the new plane in hangar, the spitfire VIII (CW) for the last 4 months we had been fighting the Japanese in the P-40`s and in the last month we had begun to loose alot of planes.

0630 testflight above Singapore area. Me and my wingman Slimesnail took of from our new home climping and cirkeling singapore area. We teamed up with a flight of hellcats flying cap over Singapore pininsula &lt;-- cant spell it lol..

At 4500m we level out and setting a new course that will bring us within 4 miles from the frontline. We spot a dot at 3`clock high, climp to 5500m and sneaks up on the dot, its a KI-46 recce. Wingman is given free to kill it, and after some ooooh nice to have a "first pass killer" talk, we get a message from out own recon plane that he is interceptet at 7000m

Now we got confused, a Japanese plane at 7000m actualy intercepting the recon plane hmmm wierd.

We can here on coms that a fligh of Hellcats are on the way, so we keep flying around and looping rolling you know just testing out the plane. After the fun we form up and try to contact recon plane....no answer...sudently the coms get filled up with US pilot screamning for help, seems they hit one big fight...ok checking 360...tracer fire at 4² clock,roll right getting speed flying over there, we come as the last hellcat explodes, and without warning my wingman recieves hits and confirms that we have meatball`s up at 7500m WTF....after thinking alot, and as a former (Japanese lol) pilot it pops in my mind, didnt the Japanese side get a plane with patch??....

Well what to do, im reforming with wingman 500m at his high six, to intercept anyone crawling on to him, but these buggers aint doing normal stuff they are bloody Z & B`ing us up here, and i got the "old" feeling of flying japanese, you can evade but not catch them.....We call out for help, but no one is responding, we are simply to far inland from the frontline, we are trying to get out of it, but some holes in wingmans left wing makes it hard, and after i had to break (tracers in mirror) they finaly shoots him down. OK now im in trouble, im alone at 6700m being pounded by atleast 3 planes, and i se more in the horizon...ok dive down to 3000m HDG 180 and just floor it. Great plan, but the prob was that i aint lost them, i had to reatch above 600KPH to start building some distance, but slowly it seems that im going to make it..By now i finaly gets a respoce to my cry for help, aint sure what it is all i get is a werry britt way if saying on our way, ok with that in mind i think...brand new plane lets se how it fight, i make half a loop on top i roll over, and perform one more just gained 1500m abd it seems that the enemy aint up here....start turning, there they are 3 dots 11 clock low 500m diving down, ooooh now i finaly can identify the planes, it is Raidens, ooooh....explains alot, and i got them just where i want them, the first one bursts to flames, and is going down, im soon on the seconds six, bit i notice the pack leader is breaking of no AI like....OMG....one of them is human. i knick my bandit in one of the wings and he enters a spin, the last raiden have made a left hand climping turn , so i spot him at my 9 O`clock high truning into me. I wep make a right hand rollgo up in a werry large left side spiral turn and we come on a head on, but no shooting solution to either of us, i go vertical with all power, he dives abit turns right and come up towards me. At 220kph i lvl out, starts horizontal turn and se him stall out

Ok turning over keep it up side down to check hes flight path, hes decending abit starting to come around. I let got of the controlls, the spit drops its nose in within 4 secs im on hes six comming in fast, Have to eveade collision, but manege to get a few hits on left wing, and the ailron leave the plane, i notice he lvl out and sudently he doent seem to be a danger anymore, i follow him to se what hes doing, but he just flyes home. I can resist and form up on hes left wing, he wobble the wing and we fly like this for 5 mins. I have to break off, my fuel is low, and im way out from home base after wobling the wings i break left and notice something in the mirror, geez a zero, i go as low and fast as posible, this is not about getting home its about surviving, but the zero aint following. The next 15 mins is boring i get back to base on fumes bla bla bla...

After mission is over a Guy comes on our coms (Allied) and just says, scared you there" and i asked what you meen??...im the zero that folowed right on your six while you flew beside the Raiden to make sure you aint get trigger happy...WHAT?? you were there all the time...YES m8..tx for the fun and he left coms...Half my sqdn m8`s starts to laugh but after some talking we all agreed

The Raiden is a great oponant, and this will give the Japanese something that can actualy fight above 6000m, and we will all know, that now the fun have begun!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

tigertalon
02-14-2006, 08:07 PM
Great read m8!

Agree 100%, with tempest and raiden brits and japanese are finaly getting weapons to retaliate for all this years of german/US boom and zoom dominance.