PDA

View Full Version : Slovakia Missions for 4.09 players?

Major.Snacko
06-16-2008, 07:00 AM
I looked on Mission4Today and also Googled it, but have not found many new online (or any for that matter) missions using the new 4.09 Slovakia map.

Does anybody know if there are any available for download??

Thanks,
Snack

Major.Snacko
06-16-2008, 07:00 AM
I looked on Mission4Today and also Googled it, but have not found many new online (or any for that matter) missions using the new 4.09 Slovakia map.

Does anybody know if there are any available for download??

Thanks,
Snack

scaredycat1
06-16-2008, 07:12 AM
Hi Snacko, Im just guessing here but considering how much work and time it takes to make them folks are probly waiting for 4.09 final version.

Major.Snacko
06-16-2008, 09:39 AM
That could be..

I have found 2 bugs on this map.

1) AAA/Flak will not fire at the enemy most of the time. I just started but have not seen it fire at all. But a BeeBop said he has seen it fire sometimes, but cannot determine when it will or will not work.

2) I Added 1 Airstarts with Runway 4. One worked fine, while the other started just 50ft above the ground 'parked' with no engines runnng.

So, there are problems with this map.... But the one Dogfight map I have created seems to work fine other than that.

Snacko

Capt.LoneRanger
06-16-2008, 09:47 AM
As scaredycat1 posted, most dedicated mission-builders will wait for the full as there are several problems with the map. I guess that's why it's beta...

There was a thread to report bugs with 4.09b quite a while ago. I remember the problem with the AAA was mentioned there, but I don't know about the airstart-thing. Maybe you could find the thread and post it there? I guess that would be very helpful!

SeaFireLIV
06-16-2008, 11:55 AM
This is one of the most annoying thing about the 4.09 beta patch - Slovakia is pretty useless if you want to fly offline. The whole thing sits on my PC waiting for a good campaign to begin, but this could be never.

mortoma
06-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Strange, I have never known bugs to be linked to maps!! I'd try it out but I don't have 4.09, I fly 4.08m. I downloaded somewhere on my laptop's hard drive but can't find it anymore.

But come to think of it, I have noticed there are some Japanese Island maps where the AAA never shoots at you. Not realistic but I refuse to complain about not getting pummeled by AAA!!!
It might be those particular Pacific maps that are to blame I suppose.

VW-IceFire
06-16-2008, 03:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DD_Snacko:
That could be..

I have found 2 bugs on this map.

1) AAA/Flak will not fire at the enemy most of the time. I just started but have not seen it fire at all. But a BeeBop said he has seen it fire sometimes, but cannot determine when it will or will not work.

2) I Added 1 Airstarts with Runway 4. One worked fine, while the other started just 50ft above the ground 'parked' with no engines runnng.

So, there are problems with this map.... But the one Dogfight map I have created seems to work fine other than that.

Snacko </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
1) Has the flak been added as artillery or static object? Is anything blocking its view?

2) A bug that happens on all maps. Seems to be related to terrain and things like forests.

There are other bugs and some fixes to pathing and object counts that have been made and identified on some of the other forums. I had started making a mission for the map but decided to wait for the final before I make anything because I don't want to have to remake it later http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

skarden
06-16-2008, 04:04 PM
here's an offline campaign I'm playing through atm,it use's Slovakia and Bessarabia as well as a few other's,having a fair bit of fun with it too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Long nose Focke-Wulf Eastern Front (http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=3371)

cant wait for 4.9 proper so we'll see more campaign's and online server's using these sweet maps http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Major.Snacko
06-16-2008, 08:37 PM
@IceFire:
1) Artillary has been added to this Dogfight map as Static Objects. There is absolutly nothing blocking it's view. No objects within 200 yards of it and it's all on perfectly flat ground.

@skarden:
Thanks M8!!

Snack

ElAurens
06-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Static objects do not fire. Be they AAA, tanks, what have you...

AAA must be selected from the Artillery section of the FMB.

Tab_Flettner
06-16-2008, 10:01 PM
"Static objects do not fire. Be they AAA, tanks, what have you...

AAA must be selected from the Artillery section of the FMB."

Yup this is correct. I have had no problems in the Slovakia missions I have built and fooled around with.

VW-IceFire
06-16-2008, 10:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DD_Snacko:
@IceFire:
1) Artillary has been added to this Dogfight map as Static Objects. There is absolutly nothing blocking it's view. No objects within 200 yards of it and it's all on perfectly flat ground.

@skarden:
Thanks M8!!

Snack </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Then thats why its not firing. For AAA to fire it must be placed from the "artillery" category and not from the "static objects" category.

Nothing to do with the map http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Major.Snacko
06-17-2008, 06:17 AM
Sorry, you are correct. I should be using normal Artillary. That is what I use in all of my other dogfight maps, and it normally does shoot at your. But it will not shoot at me at all. So, I tried using the Static Objects the other day and got confused..

I do have normal Artillary in the mission and it does not fire at me. None of it.

I am not the only one who had this problem. See this thread by BeeBop (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=3456)...

CzechTexan
06-19-2008, 10:19 PM
I waited a long time for the final 4.09 to be released because I didn't want to build missions on a beta. I only recently got the beta have have started tinkering with the maps. I haven't done anything with Slovakia but my Battle for Odessa part 1 will be released very soon.