08-09-2011, 03:35 AM
Hi. Please find my pc specs below.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE(3.2 Ghz)
RAM: 4 GB DDR3 1366 GHz
GPU: MSI Geforce 460 Cyclone 1GB
HDD: Segate baracuda (RPM 7200, SATA 2)
Mother Board: GA-880GA-UD3H (REV 1)
PSU: Corsair GS-600

The problem is that the gameplay is not smooth, it lag a lot. I am playing at high setting, with medium terrain and character details.
Can anyone help me identify the performance bottleneck. I think it is the hard drive. If I am correct, will increasing ram and using a RAM drive help?

bikiwnnov
08-09-2011, 03:35 AM

The problem is that the gameplay is not smooth, it lag a lot. I am playing at high setting, with medium terrain and character details.
Can anyone help me identify the performance bottleneck. I think it is the hard drive. If I am correct, will increasing ram and using a RAM drive help?

Testament77
08-09-2011, 03:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bikiwnnov:

Can anyone help me identify the performance bottleneck. I think it is the hard drive. If I am correct, will increasing ram and using a RAM drive help? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your specs are fine, so you should not face any kind of serious Lag. Turn off the Multisampling Value at the in-game Video options.

Have you tried to Defrag your Hard Drive, if you think there might be some errors ? No, increasing your RAM won't have any impact on the Game's performance.

Your GPU and CPU also plays a vital role in the overall Gaming performance. 4GB of RAM is sufficient for playing Games. You can also try playing the game on 2 CPU cores, and then check the Gameplay. Disable 2 CPU cores when you play this game.

-------------------------------------------

bikiwnnov
08-09-2011, 03:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Testament77 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for the reply. Will try and post the results as soon as I can. In office, so cant check for a few hours.

demench
08-13-2011, 09:39 PM
Install the latest driver Version 280.26 from nvidia. On your nvidia control panel set your scaling to GPU instead of Display.
On the game set the Multisampling Value to 2X or non.
You should get a huge performance increase and you CPU load should be running at least 25%-30%.
This will enable you to get a consistent rate of 60 FPS.
As far as I know the 280.26 driver is the best version for both AC2 & ACB.

bikiwnnov
08-17-2011, 04:21 AM
Hi demench
Thanks a lot. After following your advice, it is a lot smoother now.