PDA

View Full Version : New one liner?

Stormpen
06-21-2009, 08:08 AM
In Assassin's Creed, Al Mualims favourite one liner was...

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Well, I was watching the Assassin's Creed II E3 gameplay trailer, (again), and I noticed that Ezio says:
"I did it for the greater good"

...or something like that, before he kills that guy.

Maybe this is the new one liner for Assassin's Creed II?
And, does anyone know what Ezio says after he says the 'for the greater good' thing?

Stormpen
06-21-2009, 08:08 AM
In Assassin's Creed, Al Mualims favourite one liner was...

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Well, I was watching the Assassin's Creed II E3 gameplay trailer, (again), and I noticed that Ezio says:
"I did it for the greater good"

...or something like that, before he kills that guy.

Maybe this is the new one liner for Assassin's Creed II?
And, does anyone know what Ezio says after he says the 'for the greater good' thing?

Adima5
06-21-2009, 08:30 AM
It's "I made the sacrifice for the greater good" to be exact.

As for the foreign line, Sahirioth in "video thread" said
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He says "Requiescat in pace" (pronounced "Reck-wee-ess-cut in pa-che"), meaning "Rest in peace" in latin. (That is why tombstones bear the initials R.I.P., and not from the English translation, albeit it has the same initials.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
^For my ears it doesn't sound literally like that....

Edengoth
07-25-2009, 03:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theAdi0:
It's "I made the sacrifice for the greater good" to be exact. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought it was "I make this sacrifice for the greater good." I could be wrong though.

Zackebacke
07-25-2009, 04:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Edengoth:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theAdi0:
It's "I made the sacrifice for the greater good" to be exact. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought it was "I make this sacrifice for the greater good." I could be wrong though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
More like "I make these sacrifises for the greater good"

mazorr
07-25-2009, 04:59 AM
its i made the sacrafice for greater good

Iskander_Estel
07-25-2009, 05:08 AM
i think they are going to keep the "nothing is true everything is permited"
the line on the demo sound most like part of the new creed, (well it already formed part of the creed but now sound more definite)

Nothing is true everything is permited is like the line that sat " you can't change your destiny" in Sand of Time series.

Maybe the dev team like doing this kind of stuf.

EmperorxZurg
07-25-2009, 10:06 AM
It's "I made the sacrifice for the greater good" to be exact.

As for the foreign line, Sahirioth in "video thread" said
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He says "Requiescat in pace" (pronounced "Reck-wee-ess-cut in pa-che"), meaning "Rest in peace" in latin. (That is why tombstones bear the initials R.I.P., and not from the English translation, albeit it has the same initials.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
^For my ears it doesn't sound literally like that.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It was requiscat DI pachi, not in pachi or it would have sounded too english, it was the italian word for "in" or "the"

xSpottyZebrax
07-25-2009, 01:49 PM
It's a nice idea but I don't think that will be the new 'one liner' if there even is a different one. Plus I think Ezio will say something different everytime he assassinates someone, like Altair, I think he will vary it a bit.

Edengoth
07-25-2009, 02:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xSpottyZebrax:
It's a nice idea but I don't think that will be the new 'one liner' if there even is a different one. Plus I think Ezio will say something different everytime he assassinates someone, like Altair, I think he will vary it a bit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, as completely and totally sexy as the "last words" scene was in the demo, I sure hope that they didn't totally cut out the conversations or that they at least mix it up a bit if Ezio is the only one who talks.

Outlaw-BHA
07-25-2009, 02:34 PM
well they said in the one of the interviews that they made the demo just for E3 and didnt use the actual mission so that they wouldnt give away any storyline info, so i think they still have the one-one conversations, they just made the demo skip it to keep the story under wraps and for time constraints

SWJS
07-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Ezio was speaking with an Italian accent. I 100% guarentee that he said 'I make this sacrifice for the greater good. Requiscat di pachi.(Rest in peace.)'

Edengoth
07-25-2009, 04:13 PM
That's what I thought. Although after Altair's American accent, I guess it's reasonable for a lot of people to have heard "these sacrifices".

Edengoth
07-28-2009, 11:23 PM
I looked up the phrase, and I'd stake a good deal on him having said "Requiescat in pace". It's latin, not italian.

Danvish
07-29-2009, 12:53 AM
The thing with Altair is that althought his accent was pretty stupid, you could easily understand him.

It took me so much time to understand what Ezio was saying in the demo. Perhaps for people with English as their native language it won't be a problem, but for the rest of the world... we must have subtitles!

Edengoth
07-29-2009, 12:55 AM
Oh, i hadn't considered that. Having to hear someone speak a foreign language in a different foreign accent would be pretty irritating.

Xanatos2007
07-29-2009, 12:56 AM
Like a New Zelander speaking Russian. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Danvish
07-29-2009, 01:10 AM
Gz on 1500 Xanatos http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Back to the topic: The worst game ever with dubbing: S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl.

Damn russians, without subtitles you could never understand them.

Xanatos2007
07-29-2009, 01:25 AM
They say that having the subtitles turned off allows for a more "cinematic" experience... *scratches head* whatever the hell that's supposed to mean. Although I do enjoy playing games without subtitles than with, an option to have them on/off would be nice.

Danvish
07-29-2009, 02:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
They say that having the subtitles turned off allows for a more "cinematic" experience... *scratches head* whatever the hell that's supposed to mean. Although I do enjoy playing games without subtitles than without, an option to have them on/off would be nice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh, at least give the player the option.
For me, a guy which English isn't his native language, and has slight hearing problems, subtitles in some games can really really help. In ACI I didn't have a problem understanding the characters but that's only because they used American accent, and I'm Middle Eastern so even if they tried using an Arabic accent, I could still understand. But Italian accent? no way.

Edengoth
07-29-2009, 02:50 AM
You'd think French-speaking developers would take this sort of thing into consideration.

Iskander_Estel
07-29-2009, 07:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Edengoth:
You'd think French-speaking developers would take this sort of thing into consideration. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they should... but the game is on french as well so i dont think they care a lot about it...
i speak spanish so i don't have a problem (the game is inspanish as well), but as a non english natal lenguage fellow, i'm whit you people, there should be an option for subtitles.

and why not (if there isn't)... we could make a oficcial petition, i hope its not to late.
What do you think?

Danvish
07-29-2009, 07:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:
You'd think French-speaking developers would take this sort of thing into consideration. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they should... but the game is on french as well so i dont think they care a lot about it...
i speak spanish so i don't have a problem (the game is inspanish as well), but as a non english natal lenguage fellow, i'm whit you people, there should be an option for subtitles.

and why not (if there isn't)... we could make a oficcial petition, i hope its not to late.
What do you think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want to start one, I'm with you mate.
Since they are probably not in the stage where the game is already completed and splitted for the consoles, maybe we still have time to convince them to add subtitles if they didn't.

Iskander_Estel
07-29-2009, 09:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Danvish:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:

Since they are probably not in the stage where the game is already completed and splitted for the consoles, maybe we still have time to convince them to add subtitles if they didn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

then now the question is... how?
shall we start a new topic or something?

Danvish
07-29-2009, 10:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Danvish:

Since they are probably not in the stage where the game is already completed and splitted for the consoles, maybe we still have time to convince them to add subtitles if they didn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

then now the question is... how?
shall we start a new topic or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure.
Maybe a moderator will know?
Mods: If we want the Devs to know that some of us fans wish that ACII will have subtitles, is there anyway we can deliver them this message?