PDA

View Full Version : Bf 109 & Enya

CastleBravo
04-03-2008, 03:07 PM
I once saw a video that contained footage of the Bf 109 and music from Enya. I thought it was unique and moving, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Can anybody help me find it again?

CastleBravo
04-03-2008, 03:07 PM
I once saw a video that contained footage of the Bf 109 and music from Enya. I thought it was unique and moving, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Can anybody help me find it again?

noobisoft
04-03-2008, 03:42 PM
I just googled "bf 109 Enya" and the third link was to a YouTube video that may be it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPiB5GymmQs)

Cheers

Zeus-cat
04-03-2008, 04:05 PM
I think Enya used to fly 109s in the war. She is older than she looks.

CastleBravo
04-03-2008, 04:06 PM
I liked the video, but the footage isn't right. The video I'm talking about contained real footage from the war. Thanks anyway noobisoft.

Tab_Flettner
04-03-2008, 09:49 PM
I have one I d/l'd from there and its a lot of colour wartime luftwaffe footage, most of it is 109s, set to Enya. I have it as a 15 meg wmv. If you can't find it on YT let me know and I'll host it somewhere for you.

cawimmer430
04-04-2008, 03:20 AM
I seem to recall a video on YouTube paying hommage to Luftwaffe aces and the music was 'Only Time' from Enya. Is that the one you might be confusing this with?

Tab_Flettner
04-04-2008, 05:25 AM
Could it be this one?

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=kGAHjsUsuj4

It's the one i was referring to.

CastleBravo
04-04-2008, 02:39 PM
That's the one Tab_Flettner! I didn't recall correctly, the video wasn't only about the 109. Many thanks to you!

Choctaw111
04-04-2008, 04:41 PM
That is a good film and deserves a place on my HD. Does anyone have a DL link for it?

SeaFireLIV
04-04-2008, 04:48 PM
I know this music and play it sometimes to my artwork. I have never associated it with Luftwaffe fighter aircraft! And there`s no way I can now.

Airmail109
04-04-2008, 06:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
I know this music and play it sometimes to my artwork. I have never associated it with Luftwaffe fighter aircraft! And there`s no way I can now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1

Tab_Flettner
04-04-2008, 09:44 PM
To download, I use

www.keepvid.com (http://www.keepvid.com)

Choctaw111
04-05-2008, 01:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
I know this music and play it sometimes to my artwork. I have never associated it with Luftwaffe fighter aircraft! And there`s no way I can now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The music that Enya arranges (some of it) takes me to a place that reminds me of the soldiers that I have lost, and in the same way reminds me of those that lost their lives in any war or conflict, particularly the Second World War, so listening to her music is sort of fitting for that kind of thing, at least for me. To each their own.

SeaFireLIV
04-05-2008, 08:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Choctaw111:

The music that Enya arranges (some of it) takes me to a place that reminds me of the soldiers that I have lost, and in the same way reminds me of those that lost their lives in any war or conflict, particularly the Second World War, so listening to her music is sort of fitting for that kind of thing, at least for me. To each their own. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting how people associate similar music to completely different things. For me though, I associated the music with a completely different genre long ago. For enya was always more fantasy-land, otherworldly theme. Nothing to do with the harsh reality of WWII. I use other musics for the type of modern-war feeling you described.

CastleBravo
04-11-2008, 08:50 AM
To me Enya's music on the video represents the love towards flying that almost every pilot feels. Bombs and machine guns were necessary then, but for example Julius Meimberg and Adolf Galland wanted to fly for completely other reasons.