PDA

View Full Version : Second Playthroughs?

raging8762
06-25-2011, 12:45 AM
I've decided that I want to replay through the whole AC series once again. However this time I want to make things more challenging.

I'm just curious to know if this great forum has established challenges for those devoted/loyal AC fans that are willing to play through the series a second time.

raging8762
06-25-2011, 12:45 AM
I've decided that I want to replay through the whole AC series once again. However this time I want to make things more challenging.

I'm just curious to know if this great forum has established challenges for those devoted/loyal AC fans that are willing to play through the series a second time.

Eric_490
06-25-2011, 12:52 AM
I just finished ACII and Brotherhood again, im on the third assassination contract in ACI 1 because I have it for PC, but all I do is not buy more ammunition or health, don't equip the best armor, and on every mission try your hardest to not be detected.

Most in ACB require that you not be detected for 100% sync so its easier, but just have fun, be stealthy, and spend as much time as you can on the rooftops regardless of the mission, but the trailing ones are especially fun if you get to stand three stores up and peer down at your unsuspecting victim.

Doesn't really matter how you play through though, the nostalgic ride while you wait for Revelations will be quite satisfying.

Dagio12
06-25-2011, 01:27 AM
Im actually in the process of replaying all three games to get ready for revelations. i just finished AC1 and am starting the second. But pretty much what Eric_490 said. I rarely upgrade my armor.. just a few things here and there, try to be as stealthy as you can as often as you can. What I like to do is turn of my sync bar and my mini map in AC1, and AC2 and Brohood I usually get rid of the SSI meter, health meter, notoriety meter, and on the map I turn off hiding places and notoriety markers. Without those notoriety markers on the map or hud it makes it harder to know/remember if you are in the clear or not, so it kind of forces you to be on your guard and watch out for guards as your traverse the city and makes you feel the need to blend, be patient, and be stealthy. This also makes it so you more randomly run into posters, or herald.. etc.. and makes it feel more real as its more by chance and not just following the gps. theres tons of stuff you can do challenge yourself and make the games even more immersive. have fun.

iN3krO
06-25-2011, 02:29 AM
Challange in Ac1? Try to kill every target without being detected (or if u are detected get lost and than go for him without being detected again).
Only Maria and Roberto de Sables will detect you.
(don't know if it's posible but run away from Maria before going for her, i tried but i failed xD).

You can also only use Hidden Blade (except for killing Roberto the Sable and for Al-Mualim).

In Ac2? Use no armor at all, buy the best weapons, never use medicine in combat http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

In AcB? Hmmm, use no armor and use the starting weapons... Never use hidden blade in combat, buy crossbow... and... never use medicine in combat.

If you want to play Ac1 hardcore, turn off hud and do only the necessary investigations (and never look at the map of the menu)

Eric_490
06-25-2011, 02:43 AM
I forgot about turning the HUD off. Very good point SF2themax.

On my 3rd, 4th, and 5th play throughs of Red Dead Redemption I turned the entire hud off and it upped the feeling of immersion ten fold.

Its awesome when it says go to Pikes Basin and you actually have to follow a trail and look at the terrain instead of just following a line on the map.

Imah try this with AC tomorrow! Sounds fun!

SixKeys
06-25-2011, 10:09 AM
When I first played AC2, I soon realized how easy the progress became with better armor. On my second playthrough I only bought one basic set of armor and waited until the last sequence to buy the rest, for completion's sake.

There's a ton of clips on YouTube from AC1 showing different ways to use the hidden blade in assassinations. Even though there was no easy option in AC1 to rooftop-assassinate with the hidden blade, some people still managed it with good timing and aim. Trying to kill your target with those kinds of flashy techniques is pretty challenging.

In ACB, the poison darts became my new best friend (apart from the crossbow). Being able to quietly poison someone from a distance made things a lot easier. If you avoided buying the upgrade and just kept your poison blade, it'd probably up the challenge.

PhiIs1618033
06-25-2011, 11:52 AM
On AC1, whatever Daniel and SF2themax said. However, it is possible to take on Robert and Al Mualim using just the hidden blade and it's also possible to to a superfast blitz on Maria, but that requires some exploiting. The fastest 'legal' way to do it still leaves you exposed.

Also, nice tip on AC2 and AC:B, SF2! I'd never have thought of that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Calvarok
06-25-2011, 05:50 PM
In AC1, learn to counter using the hidden blade, and pounce on anyone who's using one of the "distracted" animations during a fight for an easy kill. It's a super-fast way to beat huge amounts of enemies.

ghostferret
06-26-2011, 01:02 AM
AC, AC2 and ACB: Turn off the HUD.
AC2 and ACB: Don't allow medicine during fights.
Don't buy any armor you don't have to.
AC2: use the hidden blade only on targets; otherwise never use your own weapon (only fists and disarms) This one's really fun, though I didn't get it 100%.
In ACB: kill the Borgia captains without killing any of their guards (may not be 100% possible)

tjbyrum1
06-26-2011, 06:01 AM
I want to say, the second playthroughs are always very frustrating.

crash3
06-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Its amazing how we discuss how to make the AC games harder by doing certain things within the game-that is how easy the AC games are

We should be discussing ways of successfully completing missions that are challenging to beat

cjutd
06-27-2011, 02:02 PM
I bought no armour in ACB (with the exception of the mandatory vambraces) and avoided a crossbow in my original. I guess those two things combined make it slightly harder.