PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 things that would make AC2 much better

timone5666
07-04-2010, 09:28 PM
5. Realistic facial expressions

An example of this is when a non-major character plays a large role at one point and the animation looks terrible. When Davinci was attacked when you first got the hidden blade fixed the guard was supposedly angry correct? Well his facial expression made him look emotionless and that was very very distracting. That is only one example and many others occur.

4. Able to save game whenever

In my case, checkpoints are very buggy in this game. For most cases it isn't so that's why it is at 4 instead of 1 or 2. It would be much better to start off exactly where you left off last or at least have a savepoint in each city or something better than checkpoints. Checkpoints are for platformers like Super Mario Bros. not adventure games. An example of what you should do is like The Legend of Zelda series where you simply press start and click save. You start at the beginning of the dungeon, village, or house where you saved last. I'm not saying that you save and pop up exactly where you were last. That may be difficult to do. Just an option to save ourselves and even exchange our saves with others.

3. Get better forum software

I know this doesn't involve the game itself but it involves support and the AC community here and it bugs me to death so I am including it.

Being a web designer and forum manager of several large forums, I'd like to point out that your forum software is cheap. vBulletin and IPB are fairly inexpensive, considering the size of your forum and you being a larger sized company.

2. Fix the control GUI for PC

You make it look as if a PC gamer is using a controller for the PC. The GUI should match a simple QWERTY keyboard.

1. Get rid of having to be connected to play/DRM

I think this is the general complaint from most users. DRM is hated among PC gamers since it solves nothing. In fact, it creates more piraters than it stops. In order for me and dozens of others to play the game, we had to crack your DRM. I myself have had numerous problems with the DRM and Ubisoft Game Manager and spent 10-15 hours of trying to fix this problem until I decided to get a crack. In order for a simple person to solve some of these problems they have to learn how to mess with their antivirus, firewall, and whatever else may be the problem and there side. This can all be solved if you had a simple alternative.

For those that have no problem with the DRM affecting your game launching, there is the problem of when you can actually play.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> Can you play on an airplane when traveling for a business meeting? No.

<LI> Can you play when your internet is temporarily down? No.

<LI> Can you play while on a metered internet connection? No.

<LI> Can you play when your internet hiccups (turn off and on or is extremely choppy for a bit)? No.

<LI> While in the armed forces (not guaranteed a constant internet connection where you are deployed)? No.

<LI> While someone in your house is sucking the bandwidth away from you? No.
[/list]

Online Activation is the best. Simply enter a key and play without all these problems. Legit people prefer this and the regular pirater does not care. Either way the pirater will have the game for free.

timone5666
07-04-2010, 09:28 PM
5. Realistic facial expressions

An example of this is when a non-major character plays a large role at one point and the animation looks terrible. When Davinci was attacked when you first got the hidden blade fixed the guard was supposedly angry correct? Well his facial expression made him look emotionless and that was very very distracting. That is only one example and many others occur.

4. Able to save game whenever

In my case, checkpoints are very buggy in this game. For most cases it isn't so that's why it is at 4 instead of 1 or 2. It would be much better to start off exactly where you left off last or at least have a savepoint in each city or something better than checkpoints. Checkpoints are for platformers like Super Mario Bros. not adventure games. An example of what you should do is like The Legend of Zelda series where you simply press start and click save. You start at the beginning of the dungeon, village, or house where you saved last. I'm not saying that you save and pop up exactly where you were last. That may be difficult to do. Just an option to save ourselves and even exchange our saves with others.

3. Get better forum software

I know this doesn't involve the game itself but it involves support and the AC community here and it bugs me to death so I am including it.

Being a web designer and forum manager of several large forums, I'd like to point out that your forum software is cheap. vBulletin and IPB are fairly inexpensive, considering the size of your forum and you being a larger sized company.

2. Fix the control GUI for PC

You make it look as if a PC gamer is using a controller for the PC. The GUI should match a simple QWERTY keyboard.

1. Get rid of having to be connected to play/DRM

I think this is the general complaint from most users. DRM is hated among PC gamers since it solves nothing. In fact, it creates more piraters than it stops. In order for me and dozens of others to play the game, we had to crack your DRM. I myself have had numerous problems with the DRM and Ubisoft Game Manager and spent 10-15 hours of trying to fix this problem until I decided to get a crack. In order for a simple person to solve some of these problems they have to learn how to mess with their antivirus, firewall, and whatever else may be the problem and there side. This can all be solved if you had a simple alternative.

For those that have no problem with the DRM affecting your game launching, there is the problem of when you can actually play.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> Can you play on an airplane when traveling for a business meeting? No.

<LI> Can you play when your internet is temporarily down? No.

<LI> Can you play while on a metered internet connection? No.

<LI> Can you play when your internet hiccups (turn off and on or is extremely choppy for a bit)? No.

<LI> While in the armed forces (not guaranteed a constant internet connection where you are deployed)? No.

<LI> While someone in your house is sucking the bandwidth away from you? No.
[/list]

Online Activation is the best. Simply enter a key and play without all these problems. Legit people prefer this and the regular pirater does not care. Either way the pirater will have the game for free.

edzilla_551
07-04-2010, 10:38 PM
hmm i guess there was some problems with the pc version but the xbox 360 had hardly any.

amugae
07-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Well you can use shops and doctors as sort of an unofficial save point (game autosaves whenever you visit them). If the game was to have dedicated save points then there would have to be a whole lot of them just to cover all the maps. I think it might be better idea to implement official save option to all the shops.

And ditto on the drm thing. It should stay only if it can effectively prevent piracy. But if it doesn't, and so far it hasn't I don't think, then all they will ever accomplish is lose loyal customers.

EzioAssassin51
07-04-2010, 11:40 PM
The first two are the only ones that have got to do with the game for consoles like PS3 and 360!

Like Amugae said, it's easier to keep the save system the way it is: Whenever you exit a shop or pass a checkpoint!

I don't mind the facial expression but that could just come if they improve the graphics! And that is pretty much the only incident where there isn't much expression and to me he looked pretty ****ed!

El_Sjietah
07-05-2010, 03:13 AM
Oh God, not the DRM again.

Murcuseo
07-05-2010, 03:27 AM
Blasphemy, thow shalt not speak it's name among mortal men!

There's one word I hoped never to read again, I can feel its presence...

I love how people still think their opinions are so unique they deserve a thread all of their own lol

It's obvious that problems 5, 4, 3, and 2 were just trivialities leading to problem 1, you should have just posted here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1801042338) and here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/9731093738?r=4231019838#4231019838) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

timone5666
07-05-2010, 03:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I love how people still think their opinions are so unique they deserve a thread all of their own lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think my opinions are unique? I think I deserve a thread all to myself? This sounds stupid. I'm not here to express feelings or opinions. I'm stating some very solid facts that are wrong with ubisoft and proving my point which the whole community generally will agree with. I'm attempting to start a discussion about it too. This is how forums work. You with over 800 posts should know this by now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's obvious that problems 5, 4, 3, and 2 were just trivialities leading to problem 1, you should have just posted here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1801042338) and here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/9731093738?r=4231019838#4231019838) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How does facial expressions and this forum relate to DRM in any way? I think you just wrote this insanely idiotic dumb post in a failed attempt to insult me since either you are an Ubisoft fanboy and will defend Ubi no matter what, or you're just an ***.

Murcuseo
07-05-2010, 03:57 AM
To be honest at least 60% of my posts are me directing people to the thread they should have posted in lol

Your reaction to my comment speaks for itself really, you obviously hold your own opinions in high regard if you think they're fact rather than opinion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How does facial expressions and this forum relate to DRM in any way? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was my point, you picked 4 trivial things before posting about the real subject matter... I'm not gona say it lol

If my thinking makes me look like Ubifanboy then so be it, I just like to look at both sides of an arguement and when people talk about your last issue it's never done like that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Hopefully this thread will be closed and you can repost in the appropriate already existing discussions... which was my issue with this in the first place

best'a luck http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

iLikeBacon
07-05-2010, 04:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:
Hopefully this thread will be closed and you can repost in the appropriate already existing discussions... which was my issue with this in the first place </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen to that. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

-Bacon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

El_Sjietah
07-05-2010, 04:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timone5666:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I love how people still think their opinions are so unique they deserve a thread all of their own lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think my opinions are unique? I think I deserve a thread all to myself? This sounds stupid. I'm not here to express feelings or opinions. I'm stating some very solid facts that are wrong with ubisoft and proving my point which the whole community generally will agree with. I'm attempting to start a discussion about it too. This is how forums work. You with over 800 posts should know this by now.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not when everything that can be said has already been said. Use the search function. I'm sure you know about it with your extensive knowledge of forum etiquette.