PDA

View Full Version : Help with campaign

bripappas1
03-27-2005, 09:41 AM
I have not had Pacifcic Fighters very long, so lately i have been doing the quick mission builder to try and get better at it. When i felt comfterble enough i decided to start a campaing. However, i cant figuer out exactly what to do. I will take off, follow my leader. All of a sudden it will say mission complete and i will return to base and land without engaging any enimies. I did this for aboutthree missions strait. THe objective of the mission does not see clear to me and whenever i try to engage and eneyme it tells me to return to my leader who is usuaually flying back to base. I guess i just don't get how the whole campaign works to get the best out of it. Any help would be nice.

SeaNorris
03-27-2005, 09:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bripappas1:
I have not had Pacifcic Fighters very long, so lately i have been doing the quick mission builder to try and get better at it. When i felt comfterble enough i decided to start a campaing. However, i cant figuer out exactly what to do. I will take off, follow my leader. All of a sudden it will say mission complete and i will return to base and land without engaging any enimies. I did this for aboutthree missions strait. THe objective of the mission does not see clear to me and whenever i try to engage and eneyme it tells me to return to my leader who is usuaually flying back to base. I guess i just don't get how the whole campaign works to get the best out of it. Any help would be nice. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can carry on if you like and get the enemys. If you wish

Zeus-cat
03-27-2005, 10:11 AM
Some of the campaigns are like that. Since you are not having any luck with the one you are playing, start another campaign using a different aircraft.

Another optin is to download a campaign that someone has made. These are generally very good. Be sure to pick one that is for Pacific Fighters. Most of us have IL-2 merged with PF and missions created using a merged install are not playable by someone with only PF.

Zeus-cat

argnan
03-27-2005, 11:09 AM
Feel free to do whatever you want in any campaign.... I used to leave the others behind and get a little fun on my own...

bripappas1
03-27-2005, 11:45 AM
so basically i should just ignore the objective and kill some things and then return to base

bripappas1
03-27-2005, 11:46 AM
where can i get these custom made campaigns?

arjisme
03-27-2005, 12:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bripappas1:
where can i get these custom made campaigns? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The home page for this site has links to user files, which include campaigns. Another item you might want to consider is to get DCG. This is a different campaign generator than what came with PF. I think it makes more interesting campaigns. Check out http://www.lowengrin.com/news.php for details about DCG.

mortoma
03-27-2005, 12:24 PM
I don't understand why so many of your sorties are turning out his way. I have been playing DGen generated campaigns since FB came out. And I played the more static campaigns in IL2 before that. I only have about 1 in 20 missions were we don't find at least some ememy planes. In Pacific campaigns most of the time we're outnumbered and very challenged. And I always stay with my group and I even fly close formation with them.

bripappas1
03-27-2005, 01:49 PM
I thought there would be many enimies, and that is why i posted here because i just took off, flew around, and landed. I tried a different campaign and out a bit more action so i hope i just picked a bad campaing to start with.

Skycat_2
03-27-2005, 11:25 PM
Now I understand your question better than the first time you asked (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=26310365&m=7541068692). http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

It appears you're not playing the missions right if you're just taking off and expecting the enemies to be nearby in any random direction you fly. You usually have to fly towards the enemy, sometimes for several minutes, before you run into one or more groups of their planes. DGen is almost too predictable in how it plots friendly planes and enemy planes to cross each others' paths.

When the mission first begins you'll see a map and a mission briefing. The briefing might say something like (hypothetically), "Good morning Gentlemen. The enemy's airfield is an important target that must be destroyed. Accompany the bombers. Let's see what you can do with your planes." To the left of that text you'll see a simple map of the mission with red and blue battle lines (Allies like USN or RN are behind the red lines and Axis like Japanese are behind the blue lines) drawn across it; you'll also see a series of solid black lines connected by yellow dots and some important mission objective symbols like 'take off' or 'bomb' or 'land.' Each yellow dot has a number next to it; this is the order you're supposed to fly to each dot. Eventually you'll cross every waypoint and return to the airfield or carrier where you're supposed to land.

Take a moment to understand where you're supposed to go on your mission, and then enter the mission itself. Next, you'll most likely be on the airfield or carrier with your squadron. If you're not sure where you're supposed to go you can do one of several things:
1. Hit Auto Pilot and let the game fly the plane along the plotted waypoints. Eventually you'll run into some enemy activity and you can take control of your plane and begin fighting.
2. If you are not the commander of the flight (IE, plane #1), you can stay behind your superiors and let them lead the way. If you are plane #1, however, your squad will be following you wherever you choose to go. There may be additional friendly planes that will follow the planned flight path and will go on to meet the enemy regardless of what you do.
3. Pull up the kneeboard map during the flight and use the icon of your plane that is shown to aim yourself in the right direction. If you have all options enabled, you should be able to see: a) your plane as a white icon; b) your flight path and waypoints that you should follow; c) location of friendly and enemy planes during the mission; and d) location of friendly and enemy ground units like convoys, trains and AA batteries. You can zoom in or out on your kneeboard map using buttons on your mouse.
4. Use your radio comm to ask your control tower for a navigation vector towards the target or to your base. To do this, hit the Tab key and select the number for the 'Navigation' option; on the next menu, choose the number that corresponds to the directions you want.
_ When the control tower responds, it will give you directions based on a 380-degree compass ("Vector zero-four-seven"). Use your compass or the speedbar in the left corner of your screen to fly in the direction the control tower tells you to go. (Example: turn your plane until you see 047 degrees in the left corner of the screen).

Ultimately, you don't HAVE to fly the waypoints of the mission (although if you don't the radio-direction compass that is found in some planes will continue pointing to the last waypoint that you should have passed). You can cheat and use the kneeboard map to find out where the enemy planes are and go off on your own to hunt them; you can also ignore the mission and simply ground-pound enemy convoys or something.

Does that help?