PDA

View Full Version : What has happened to the AI in 4.00?

dazza9806482
06-15-2005, 03:31 AM
Played a standard coop last night over a direct IP connect with my mate.

us in FW's intercepting some PE2s supported by P39s on the beautiful murmansk map.

(played first in snow- absolutely class, like a different game)

anyhoo back to my point- the AI seems radically different! overall the game was far more intense, bombers broke formation and frantically avoided, and the dogfighting was much more human.

it seems a serious change- anyone else noticed?

so far 4.00 is really really growing on me

dazza9806482
06-15-2005, 03:31 AM
Played a standard coop last night over a direct IP connect with my mate.

us in FW's intercepting some PE2s supported by P39s on the beautiful murmansk map.

(played first in snow- absolutely class, like a different game)

anyhoo back to my point- the AI seems radically different! overall the game was far more intense, bombers broke formation and frantically avoided, and the dogfighting was much more human.

it seems a serious change- anyone else noticed?

so far 4.00 is really really growing on me

msalama
06-15-2005, 03:37 AM
Yep http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SeaFireLIV
06-15-2005, 04:35 AM
Yes indeed. I also notice that when you hit them a few times they do that little `twiddle` that gives the impression that the pilot`s panicking. Probably imagining it, but anyways it certainly feels more real. A pity though that do crash into the ground a lot if slightly damaged. If they can reduce the occurance of that it`ll be nearly perfect.

BTW, I crashlanded my plane after trying to take down some Stukas and one of the Stukas actually dived and strafed me!

TacticalYak3
06-15-2005, 10:11 AM
Glad you had fun mate.

Question - Shouldn't the bombers stay together in formation though? Maybe I didn't understand the context of your mission however.