PDA

View Full Version : So the coding for FB+AEP+PF is already there, how about in the future of BOB...

Mysticpuma2003
12-23-2004, 10:43 AM
We all know that BoB is going to have a new graphics engine, dynamic weather and a host of other goodies, so using Oleg's marketing wisdom do you think it would be possible in the post BoB future to have the FB+AEP+PF game as an add-on pack which would then give us all of the planes that we use now, all the maps, but with higher resolution models, flight modelling, weather etc., probably as a paid for add-on. I can just see that with all of the data they already have, it would be a case of recompiling it to fit the new graphic and flight engine in BoB.

I'd buy it for the versatility. The only reason I suggest this is because we know that BoB is not going to be an add-on for PF, but surely it could be reworked the other way round?

Chuck_Older
12-23-2004, 02:06 PM
You have answered your own question.

BoB won't use the same engine. It's like having CFS3 as an add-on to BoB.

Mysticpuma2003
12-24-2004, 02:04 AM
I was thinking along the lines that they have all the plane data, all the maps etc, so it shouldn't be too difficult to convert them (in the time-frame of an add-on) to the new engine. I took for example the case of Half Life which if you paid extra was re-rendered in the new Half Life 2 engine.

I just figured that if they can do it, Oleg's guys could do it, and effectively breath new life into his most complete Flight Sim to date...at a future date.

tsisqua
12-24-2004, 06:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mysticpuma2003:
I was thinking along the lines that they have all the plane data, all the maps etc, so it shouldn't be too difficult to convert them (in the time-frame of an add-on) to the new engine. I took for example the case of Half Life which if you paid extra was re-rendered in the new Half Life 2 engine.

I just figured that if they can do it, Oleg's guys could do it, and effectively breath new life into his most complete Flight Sim to date...at a future date. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

These planes are 3D models, and should be placable into any 3D graphics engine that is compatible with the program that created them. Quite honestly, after loking at some of the BoB pits, I am still impressed with some of the models from the original IL2. I know that the allowable poly count is probably up for BoB, since it is supposed to be such a graphical monster, but I would love to have an IL2 series addon so that I can keep my planes in the new engine, so yes, I would pay for it. My guess is that the maps would not be so easy, because terrain will probably be completely different.

I want it all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Tsisqua

flyingscampi
12-24-2004, 07:14 AM
Let's hope they do the Fw-190 cockpit from scratch http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

A lot of the data and information gathered whilst building the models for Il2 will certainly speed up the process of introducing planes into the new engine.

Diablo310th
12-24-2004, 08:02 AM
If BoB allows leaning to one side or the other using the new TIR teachnology that may make some of teh older ac pits bad and need to be reworked. I would pay for teh addon too tho. Shoot..I could live with teh old pits and not worry about leaning.

Mysticpuma2003
12-24-2004, 08:35 AM
Hey Oleg, it looks like I could be earning you some more cash here. Maybe you could take the suggestion onboard...please.. people are obviously willing to pay, so give it at least some consideration, thanks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TooCool_12f
12-26-2004, 06:42 AM
seems not everybody is familiar with the BoB project as oleg presented it long ago:

- BoB is a brand new game, completely incompatible with what we have by now

- it will use experience acquired with IL2 series in order to have a much better and more flaxible engine (3D, FMs DMs, weather, etc...)

- it will be a starting point for a series which will see others fronts and eras added to the original BoB, quite similar to what we had with FB, except the fact that they won't have to reprogram half the game engine to add an aircraft with different caracteristics (like multi-engines, jets, etc...) since the game engine will have sich capabilities built-in from the beginning

so, basically, no way to see FB/AEP/PF added as such (it would take longer to "adapt it" that to program it from scratch) but in the end, we should get a "complete WWII sim" based on BoB engine...

all you need is patience... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif