PDA

View Full Version : themes of POPSOT trilogy - whats all the confusion for?

mambatjc
08-04-2005, 07:56 AM
Ok, ive just got SOT and WW and am about 1/2 way through SOT. Ive been reading up on reviews and previews for both WW and KB and i have to say they all sound pretty negative. They all go on about how WW is too dark and 'falls flat' etc. Anyhow, i was just thinking that the trilogy appears to me to be kinda simple (not that thats bad) in its layout. SOT follows the prince as an adolescent in all his naviety and youth he screws everything up and tries to set it right. In WW he seems to be paying the price for his naviety and has to grow up into what he becomes in KB, a hero. It could be paralelled with growing up in the real world its just that POP turns it into fantasy. So whats all the talk about massive change of direction it all seems to fit perfectly to me.

mambatjc
08-04-2005, 07:56 AM
Ok, ive just got SOT and WW and am about 1/2 way through SOT. Ive been reading up on reviews and previews for both WW and KB and i have to say they all sound pretty negative. They all go on about how WW is too dark and 'falls flat' etc. Anyhow, i was just thinking that the trilogy appears to me to be kinda simple (not that thats bad) in its layout. SOT follows the prince as an adolescent in all his naviety and youth he screws everything up and tries to set it right. In WW he seems to be paying the price for his naviety and has to grow up into what he becomes in KB, a hero. It could be paralelled with growing up in the real world its just that POP turns it into fantasy. So whats all the talk about massive change of direction it all seems to fit perfectly to me.

Razor_Ace
08-04-2005, 08:12 AM
Here is one important rule. Don't trust the reviews. Play the game for yourself and then when you have finished the whole game, make your judgement. WW is IMHO a very involving game. If you are looking for a good action, involving and complex story with twists and turns, fantastic and numerous cinematics, non linear events you will like this one. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

mambatjc
08-04-2005, 08:58 AM
um thanks for the condesention... i know not to trust reviews i was making a point about the thematic structure of the series not whether the gameplay was any good.